Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AWD 350hp Dart SRT4 A.K.A. “baby godzilla”...?

Car(s)
    06 SRT/8 Charger, 08 Caliber SRT/4, 00 Dakota R/T

AWD 350hp Dart SRT4 A.K.A. “baby godzilla”...?

http://www.ontariostreetcar.com/2012...4-information/

Our sources indicate that the much anticipated 2014 Dart SRT4 will come in at least two flavors – FWD and AWD.

The drivetrain arrangement wont simply be an option on the car though, the FWD Dart SRT4 will have less horsepower, registering somewhere in the 260-280 HP range and with that come a lower sticker price. The big daddy Dart SRT4 AWD will pack as much as 350 HP and be jam packed with technology “never seen” on a car of this stature from the Chrysler Group ever before.

It has apparently been adorned the name “baby godzilla” within Chrysler and has been testing alongside the mightly Nissan GTR.

If we’re betting men, we’d assume the earliest you’ll see either example will be at the New York Auto Show in March.

Car(s)
    2006 Renault Clio 1.4 16V
    Sounds good to me.

Car(s)
    2000 Crown Vic Police Interceptor, 1988 Integra
    Dart SRT4: Coming soon to an asshole near you!

Car(s)
    2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone
    I'm for the return of the SRT-4.

- - - Updated - - -

"Any car which holds together for a whole race is too heavy." - Colin Chapman
    "If you think about it breast implants aren't much different than braces. Their main purpose is to improve one's appearance, at least that's how it was in my case." - KaJun
    "I got one comin for ya when I get home. No don't worry, santa is not going to surprise buttsex the multi-hatted mouse." -LP
    "So the [suspension's] spring seats fail every 2 years, so what? They cost less than $250 to fix. And if a person can't afford that every two years, than maybe he shouldn't own a car at all." - _HighVoltage_ on Volvos.

Car(s)
    1995 Subaru Legacy, 2008 Subaru Legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by ScarFace88 View Post
    Exactly. Can't wait to be cut off by one erratically changing lanes.

Car(s)
    2008 Honda Fit Sport
    You do realize that I'm planning on buying one of those.

BMW: built by Germans, driven by tossers. - Jeremy Clarkson

The world's biggest dick can be found on a blue whale. And I thought it was on Top Gear. - Sarah Millican

Your comments tonight have been described variously as "rabid", "pig-ignorant", and "stutifyingly ill-informed" - Chris Morris, apparently anticipating Jalopnik

Car(s)
    2010 Mazda3
    Is that an intentional setup to give you a reason to neg rep someone?

worships the 2010 Prius like a god Momentum57's Avatar
    Car(s)
    Jaguar X-Type 3.0
    Maybe its being so close to the border but...

puffalump? inquire here! ninjacoco's Avatar
    Car(s)
    '10 Lulzcer GTS, '84 Porschelump 944
    Quote Originally Posted by smib View Post
    Is that an intentional setup to give you a reason to neg rep someone?
    I think he's claiming he's an asshole?

J/K. DO IT FOOL! Awesome car sounds awesome.

Ever feel like throwing your hard-earned cash into a wood chipper? Well, then--you should give Team Porschelump money!
    ...- --- .-. ... .--. .-. ..- -. --. / -.. ..- .-. -.-. .... / .--. ..- ..-. ..-. .- .-.. ..- -- .--. .-.-.- /

Car(s)
    2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone
    And those assholes don't drive now?

"Any car which holds together for a whole race is too heavy." - Colin Chapman
    "If you think about it breast implants aren't much different than braces. Their main purpose is to improve one's appearance, at least that's how it was in my case." - KaJun
    "I got one comin for ya when I get home. No don't worry, santa is not going to surprise buttsex the multi-hatted mouse." -LP
    "So the [suspension's] spring seats fail every 2 years, so what? They cost less than $250 to fix. And if a person can't afford that every two years, than maybe he shouldn't own a car at all." - _HighVoltage_ on Volvos.

Car(s)
    2008 Honda Fit Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjacoco View Post
    I think he's claiming he's an asshole?
    No, I've pretty much stated that straight out multiple times, and am inordinately proud of it. The one place I'm not an asshole, though, is on the road.

And, no, it wasn't a set-up to give someone a neg-rep. I don't need to set people up to give them neg-rep. I just do it.

I still want one of these. This is sounding more and more terrific as details spurt out.

The world's biggest dick can be found on a blue whale. And I thought it was on Top Gear. - Sarah Millican

Your comments tonight have been described variously as "rabid", "pig-ignorant", and "stutifyingly ill-informed" - Chris Morris, apparently anticipating Jalopnik

Car(s)
    2010 Mazda3
    I do like the sound of it. I don't understand where the hate is coming from. Is it supposed to be a car reserved for dickheads drivers? I find that they drive all cars.

Car(s)
    2008 Honda Fit Sport
    The hate is coming from Mopar producing a small sedan with pony-car-performance figures. It's perfectly fine for Ze Chermans to do so, and if it carried a Subaru or Mitsubishi badge, all would be spiffy-neato, but not the Pentastar. Oh, no, they can't do that. There's too much of a disturbance in the Force for some people to deal with.

There's a streak of cognitive dissonance here. Certain people are confronted with a Dodge that, cough, gasp, they'd actually want to drive! Shock and horror!

They can fuck off.

Car(s)
    2000 Crown Vic Police Interceptor, 1988 Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by smib View Post
    I do like the sound of it. I don't understand where the hate is coming from. Is it supposed to be a car reserved for dickheads drivers? I find that they drive all cars.
    It's that most of the SRT4 drivers I've seen on the road are dicks/assholes. Cutting people off and other asshattery seems to be perfectly acceptable to most of them.

Other people have reported this too.
    http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=767559

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Spie View Post
    The hate is coming from Mopar producing a small sedan with pony-car-performance figures. It's perfectly fine for Ze Chermans to do so, and if it carried a Subaru or Mitsubishi badge, all would be spiffy-neato, but not the Pentastar. Oh, no, they can't do that. There's too much of a disturbance in the Force for some people to deal with.

There's a streak of cognitive dissonance here. Certain people are confronted with a Dodge that, cough, gasp, they'd actually want to drive! Shock and horror!

They can fuck off.
    Hey, I like the Dart (it's the best looking compact car on the market right now, IMHO) and I think the Dart SRT4 will have some seriously awesome performance figures. I just expect a lot asshats who currently drive an original SRT4 to go out and buy one of them and tarnish its image.
    Last edited by ScarFace88; December 24th, 2012 at 12:39 PM.

Car(s)
    Subaru WRX Wagon, Toyota Pickup Rock Crawler
    I agree....none of this is people hating on the Dart SRT4....but more on its Neon based cousin.

By all accounts this should be a very cool car, and I bet they will sell plenty of them. A lot of me hopes that they price it more like an Subaru STI and not like the SRT4's that have come before, since that will keep it out of the hands of the young punks that had the Neon SRT4's. I either don't notice them anymore or they all crashed and burned or fell apart, but I don't see the Neon's around like I used to. I think all the assholes have VAG group vehicles now, since most of the time when I get cut off its a VW or Audi, with the occasional BMW holdover.

I'm not a fan of Front Wheel Drive most of the time, especially with that much power, but the AWD and 350hp sounds good to me and I do like the direction the styling is going now that its a Fiat brand. Good times.

Car(s)
    1995 Taurus SHO
    So, they're doing with the Dart what they should have done with the Neon SRT-4? 'Bout damn time.

Car(s)
    2008 Honda Fit Sport
    It's that most of the SRT4 drivers I've seen on the road are dicks/assholes. Cutting people off and other asshattery seems to be perfectly acceptable to most of them.

Other people have reported this too.
    http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=767559
    Ignore the SRT part. The problem here is that they're Neon drivers, who are unmitigated asshats regardless of whatever subsidiary badges the car might have. They were back in the day. They are now. The reason for the preponderance of SRT-4 asshats was because used Neons got very cheap very fast, and all of the rednecks and brain-deads caught on to the fact that SRT-4s were hot as a pistol. So all of the SRT-4s were scooped up and kept on the road, while the rest of the Neons went to die in urban slum used car lots and various junkyards.

Hey, I like the Dart (it's the best looking compact car on the market right now, IMHO) and I think the Dart SRT4 will have some seriously awesome performance figures. I just expect a lot asshats who currently drive an original SRT4 to go out and buy one of them and tarnish its image.
    One of the big reasons I want one is that I owned its great-granddaddy, the Shadow (before it was ruined), and this is the first of the breed since 1991 that's worthy of ownership. Not even the Neon SRT-4 could bring me back, because, at the end of the day, it was still a Neon. I don't care about the tarnishing of image. I'm more worried about the asshats driving up the insurance rates.

Car(s)
    2014 CC R-Line, 2012 Golf R, 2012 Ariel Atom 3
    Sounds good, but outside of the performance numbers it will probably be rubbish. But then again, I suppose Fiat is in charge, so maybe it will be alright. We'll see.

---
    My Facebook | My Fuelly

Car(s)
    '01 Mercury Cougar V6
    This is going to be a BEAST if done right! If they do juuuust enough inside, too, to differentiate the interior from the more eco-minded models...without going too boy-racer.

There is no such thing as a stupid question.* *but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Car(s)
    2008 Honda Fit Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by NecroJoe View Post
    If they do juuuust enough inside, too, to differentiate the interior from the more eco-minded models...without going too boy-racer.
    This is the exact thing I don't want them to do. Keep the interior as it is. That'll drive off the boy racers and keep insurance rates down, and leave the SRT-4 to those of us who can appreciate it. It also turns it into a sleeper. Some idiot in a Toyobaru doesn't notice the SRT badging, looks inside and sees the eco-terior...then down goes the hammer, and the snobbish assholes get a lesson.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information