Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [08x06] November 14th, 2005

Lazy Head Dude
    FinalGear.com Owner
    Car(s)
    2008 Dodge Viper, 2001 Mustang GT

[08x06] November 14th, 2005

Discuss.
    ... I ask Herb Helbig, vehicle synthesis manager for SRT and a member of the original Team Viper development group since day one, if they'd ever thought of adding traction control. "It comes with two," he says, pointing at my feet. "Learn to use them." Got it.
    - Motor Trend on the 2006 Dodge Viper Coupe, November 2005

It's an OK episode. The blind man driving speed record was pretty good. That's about it.

Tiff's driving in the F430 was awesome. The blind man attempt for new speed record was pretty cool as well. The rest was pretty boring imo...

Car(s)
    SIS Sachs Motozax V5
    Good episode, expecially the blind fold man and the F30 segments.

Unloved and lacking a title watto's Avatar
    Car(s)
    2013 Holden Cruze SRi Series 2
    Just watched it. Nothing special... except for the blind speed record.

Seriously, 160mph+ and not being able to see a thing, so much respect going that bloke's way. And alot of respect for Vicki too, brave brave brave, I challenge all those Vicki haters (me being one) to say that was crap. I'd like to see you try and drive at 157mph with your sight taken away!

whas that the same guy that was on top gear going around the top gear test track?

not possible to compare fifth gear with top gear.. btw is it just me or is fifth gear getting further boring with evry episode.. anyways nothing much in this ep was good exept the driving blind thing and ferrari review.. the show is getting a little bit more frustrating everytime i see it.

Car(s)
    Does a bicycle count?
    Pretty boring episode. I skipped through the rest after Jon Bentleys premium fuel test.

What struck me though is how poor the choice of music was. I though wasn't hearing right when they played some cheesy R'n'B song at the beginning of the F430 review.

Seriously I think we should stop complaining about all the small details. It is not as good as TG, that´s it.

The important stuff I think is that they are doing tests and not doing them properly. I mean,, they had the VXR and the Megane, but what did they do? We didnt get any real answer from them, how the cars are, perform and so on,, I want a proper test!

The blind man and Vicki was some cool sh*t - that was some sh*t!

I could almost feel Vicki's fear as she sat there after the first proper
    run, saying it was terrifying. Pretty daring, much respect to them
    both.

"Supercars are supposed to run over Arthur Scargill..…and then run over him again for good measure. They are designed to melt ice caps, kill the poor , poison the water table, destroy the ozone layer, decimate indigenous wildlife, re-capture The Falkland Islands, and turn the entire third world into a huge uninhabitable desert - but only after they’ve nicked all the world’s oil!!" - Jeremy Clarkson

I enjoyed this episode, and the Bentley bit was very interesting to hear as well, I always wondered if it was just marketing babble or if there was actually something better about these fuels.

And yeah, that blind driving must've been terrifying, great how he showed that if you try to do it unassisted, you'll end up at the side of the track in no time!

The reviews were ok, really liked this weeks shootout. Nice to hear something possitive about the 350Z after JC calling it a Renault all the time

Car(s)
    1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5L
    Actually, not such a bad episode at all

I skipped the motorbike section completly, but other than that it was good!

great to see Tiff driving, I like the F430 review the most, the new camera angles and style are awesome
    everything good except the bike show

you guys gotta stop complaining, TG is not even full hour about cars, a big portion is spent on the celeb interview shit, i rather see some crash test than them talking shxt

BTW, again shows that TT is not worth the money at all, same price for the base price of 1.8T you can get a fully loaded 350z, 100 more hp, for god sakes, who's that stupid to buy a TT, expensive and discourage driving pleasure

fbc
    Car(s)
    2006 MY07 Astra SRi Turbo
    Enjoyed that - blown away by the blind driving, mega impressive. Tiff sliding the F430 was great, and to my suprise I found Jon Bentley's segment interesting (though the outcomes were fairly predictable). As for the comparison - loved seeing the Zed own the TT.

The bike show segment was a bit flat - except for that black outfit shown right at the start of it...

How can anybody think this one was boring? It has to be worth the download just to see Tiff in the F430, an amazing bit of driving, and then again in the 350Z and TT.

Aston

Those who claims it was booring are the usual suspects.
    I still cant understand why they bother to watch FG now when TG is on.

A while ago they said that they watched FG cause TG wasn't on and now they keep watching it.

Quote Originally Posted by swek
    I though wasn't hearing right when they played some cheesy R'n'B song at the beginning of the F430 review.
    haha- now you have a taste of what crappy mainstream American music is like.

I think the episode was pretty good overall. The 350z/Audi TT shootout was interesting, and the segment on the different octanes of fuel was informative.

I loved the 430 spider review and the segment with the blind driver. Vicki was pretty brave to go through all that, although it took some tears to do so.

Car(s)
    1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5L
    Quote Originally Posted by undien717
    I though wasn't hearing right when they played some cheesy R'n'B song at the beginning of the F430 review.

I think the episode was pretty good overall. The 350z/Audi TT shootout was interesting, and the segment on the different octanes of fuel was informative.

I loved the 430 spider review and the segment with the blind driver. Vicki was pretty brave to go through all that, although it took some tears to do so.
    Pussycat Dolls - Don't Cha I love that song
    [Chorus]
    Dont cha wish your girlfriend was hot like me
    Dont cha wish your girlfriend was a freak like me
    Dont cha, dont cha
    Dont cha wish your girlfriend was raw like me
    Dont cha wish your girlfriend was fun like me
    Dont cha, dont cha

Am I the only one??

I Bought This Title :o Kip_6666's Avatar
    Car(s)
    Saab 9-3 2.0t @ stage 3 now & Locoblade
    Quote Originally Posted by SL65AMG~V12~604BHP!!!!!!!

[Chorus]
    Dont cha, dont cha
    Dont cha, dont cha

Am I the only one??
    Or you're being sarcastic, or you should be executed, pick one

I for one really enjoyed this episode, the f430 segment was superb, made my spine tingle.
    Lovely camera work, first time I saw how that launch control thing actually worked.

And for the first time, i didn't want to punch John Bentley in the face, an interesting subject, and he seemed to put more feeling into the way he said everything. Or did him driving up in the Imprezza make me bias?

Car(s)
    1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5L
    Quote Originally Posted by Kip_6666
    Quote Originally Posted by SL65AMG~V12~604BHP!!!!!!!

[Chorus]
    Dont cha, dont cha
    Dont cha, dont cha

Am I the only one??
    Or you're being sarcastic, or you should be executed, pick one

I for one really enjoyed this episode, the f430 segment was superb, made my spine tingle.
    Lovely camera work, first time I saw how that launch control thing actually worked.

And for the first time, i didn't want to punch John Bentley in the face, an interesting subject, and he seemed to put more feeling into the way he said everything. Or did him driving up in the Imprezza make me bias?
    lol you Europeans arnt up to date with modern American pop culture That song rocks!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information