Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 58

Thread: [09x05] May 8th, 2006

  1. #21
    ryosuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 28th, 2005
    Location
    germsmany
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,898
    Car(s)
    a locomotive and a renault megane coupe
    Rep Power
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by Kebab gud
    face it .. the Fox is the most bland car in the world..
    looks like a korean car from the 80s
    what does the kia look like then?

  2. #22
    Kebab gud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2nd, 2005
    Location
    somewhere in yupe
    Posts
    1,511
    Rep Power
    0
    a korean car from the mid 90s

    Face it .. VW vent from this


    To this
    ____________________________
    The Kabab Hut: http://the-kebab.blogspot.com/
    (working on a better layout)

  3. #23
    thEam's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2005
    Location
    Aachen, Germany
    Posts
    62
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by VUK
    Quote Originally Posted by thEam
    That car collector bloke was the exact opposite of the guy they had on TG once, the one who drove his MC12 some hundred miles to the racing track and back.

    I just don't get car collectors who "enjoy looking" at their supercars. How can you buy a Carrera GT and never drive it? It just seems wrong...
    i think that was in FG
    You're right, of course It was in 7x05, but I stand by my point, Supercars should be driven, not stacked up in a garage...
    ____________________________
    Vegetables. You know, the stuff my food eats...

  4. #24

    Join Date
    Oct 26th, 2005
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    221
    Rep Power
    0
    Supercar is a product like any other.
    If you own it fully, you can do what ever to it within the coutry's laws.

  5. #25
    transtek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 16th, 2004
    Location
    mexico-land of tequila and big hats (but secretly
    Age
    44
    Posts
    347
    Car(s)
    Nissan Pathfinder, Chevrolet Monza, Ninja 600
    Rep Power
    23
    Maybe Tiff was having a go at Clarkson, with his "real" GT costing twice as much and breaking down all the time, whereas this "replica" just as fast, half the price and looked to be pretty reliable!!

    Good ep, like I said at the beginning of this series, if they stick to what they how to do well and not trying to take TG head-on, then they are on to a winner!

    Strangley missed the other guy doing the crash-tests and petrol stuff (must be getting middle-aged!)
    ____________________________



  6. #26

    Join Date
    May 10th, 2006
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0
    Hi,

    it's the first time i'm posting here, but i'm no stranger to finalgear.com (nor to the previous site in wich finalgear.com is a offspring of)...

    I'm hailing from Brazil, wich (i'm ashamed to say) is the craddle of that horrible Volkswagen Fox... it was designed and first built here (awwww, i'm embarassed )...

    The Fox is the most bland and mediocre car i've ever seen or drove... I can't believe VW built it, let alone released it outside Brazil..
    For your amusement, can you guys believe that the first lot of VW Fox had a critical transmission problem that didn't let them go uphill in reverse? Yeah, park your Fox downhill behind another car and you have to call a towtruck to take it off...

    Anyway, it seems that VW have done the impossible.. made the Fox worse before releasing in Europe... WTF is up with 3 cylinders?!? We don't have this here! We are used to foreing cars being better than ours, not worse!
    At least the brazilian Fox have 4 cylinders 1.6L engine with 103cv (I know, not that amazing...)

    Now, if you thing the VW Fox is bad.. wait what VW have for you guys later... VW just released a station wagon fox in here, wich they call "Spacefox" (I'm burying myself in shame here!)..
    Take a look:





    Wonderful, huh?
    Can you notice the Passat Estate taillight?

    Well... now.. the episode...
    OMG I loved the GT40 replica!!!!!!

    Erm.. that's all..
    Cya!

  7. #27
    fbc
    fbc is offline
    Retired Moderator fbc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 8th, 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Age
    39
    Posts
    11,805
    Car(s)
    2006 MY07 Astra SRi Turbo
    Rep Power
    42
    Tiff in the GT40 replica was awesome (but I expected that) - the Z06 review is going to be special.

    Apart from that the rest of the show was a bit quiet for me - still enjoyable, but nothing special.

    Loved the last two lines in the rip:
    Jason: "...don't let popstars drive Ferraris"
    Voiceover guy in credits: "Wise words I think there"

  8. #28

    Join Date
    May 7th, 2006
    Posts
    31
    Rep Power
    0
    IMHO, 4 out of 5 in the suckiness range.

    Even if I consider boring the coverage of mostly supercars-hyperexpensive-one-off concepts, and feel someway refreshing talking about "normal"-down to earth cars, the one and only highlight was Tiff driving th GT40.

    Previous episodes were way better; just hope next week will be more appealing.

    I'd like to see more (i.e.) Tiff-Vicki-Jason triple shootouts of any kind on the track.

  9. #29
    Prophet Of Noise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 28th, 2006
    Location
    Thessaloniki, Greece
    Posts
    23
    Car(s)
    2008 White BMW 335i Coupe
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by thEam
    I just don't get car collectors who "enjoy looking" at their supercars. How can you buy a Carrera GT and never drive it? It just seems wrong...
    There are people that have so much money that they don't know where to spend it. If I was the same, I would prefer making a supercar collection to spending my money on antiques and stupendously priced jewellery or $50,000 dog tags and $100,000 waterfall in my house. What would you say?
    ____________________________
    2008 White BMW 335i Coupe // Beauty & Beast
    1992 White BMW 518i // 600.000klm, no joke
    1996 Lancia Ypsilon 1.2 // for the visit to the shops
    2006 Jaguar X-Type 2.5 AWD // Daddy's toy

  10. #30
    thEam's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2005
    Location
    Aachen, Germany
    Posts
    62
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Prophet Of Noise
    Quote Originally Posted by thEam
    I just don't get car collectors who "enjoy looking" at their supercars. How can you buy a Carrera GT and never drive it? It just seems wrong...
    There are people that have so much money that they don't know where to spend it. If I was the same, I would prefer making a supercar collection to spending my money on antiques and stupendously priced jewellery or $50,000 dog tags and $100,000 waterfall in my house. What would you say?
    Well, yes, you're absolutely right. But wouldn't you _use_ those cars on the street/track instead of piling them up in your garage?

    That guy said it was just so nice to "come home after a hard day a just look at those beauties"... I'm not saying that supercars aren't nice to look at, most of them sure are, but that, IMHO, is just a tiny bit of their charme. If I had a Carrera GT, I would keep it running all the time, just because it sounds so glorious. And that guy never even bothered to take a spin in it!
    ____________________________
    Vegetables. You know, the stuff my food eats...

  11. #31
    Z0RR0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 19th, 2005
    Location
    Montreal, CA
    Posts
    154
    Rep Power
    19
    He said it himself ... he's a workhaolic, and successful. When you work 14h a day, 6 days a week, free time is just a philosophical concept.

  12. #32

    Join Date
    May 7th, 2006
    Posts
    31
    Rep Power
    0
    Maybe we should teach him how to spare himself some driving time, just for the sake of taming such beauties, shouldn't we ?..

    Anyway, it's own choice what to do with a car: just drive it, thrash it, contemplate ...


  13. #33

    Join Date
    Jul 26th, 2005
    Posts
    101
    Rep Power
    0
    Hm I thought this was probably one of the better episodes of Fifth Gear this season. But too bad the video recording wasn't as good as before?!

  14. #34
    Brazilian Consultant Redliner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 19th, 2005
    Location
    Brazil - South America
    Age
    34
    Posts
    15,464
    Car(s)
    2013 Palio Sporting
    Rep Power
    680
    Am I the only one who found interesting that a low-volume (near)exact replica of the GT40 costs half as much as the mass (kind of) produced version?
    Even more interesting is that the cheaper car is produced by the smaller company, and not the other way around, as usual...Anyway, price aside, I think I would choose the replica.
    Oh, and hellsoul! Another brazilian!

  15. #35
    transtek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 16th, 2004
    Location
    mexico-land of tequila and big hats (but secretly
    Age
    44
    Posts
    347
    Car(s)
    Nissan Pathfinder, Chevrolet Monza, Ninja 600
    Rep Power
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsoul
    Hi,

    it's the first time i'm posting here, but i'm no stranger to finalgear.com (nor to the previous site in wich finalgear.com is a offspring of)...

    I'm hailing from Brazil, wich (i'm ashamed to say) is the craddle of that horrible Volkswagen Fox... it was designed and first built here (awwww, i'm embarassed )...

    The Fox is the most bland and mediocre car i've ever seen or drove... I can't believe VW built it, let alone released it outside Brazil..
    For your amusement, can you guys believe that the first lot of VW Fox had a critical transmission problem that didn't let them go uphill in reverse? Yeah, park your Fox downhill behind another car and you have to call a towtruck to take it off...

    Anyway, it seems that VW have done the impossible.. made the Fox worse before releasing in Europe... WTF is up with 3 cylinders?!? We don't have this here! We are used to foreing cars being better than ours, not worse!
    At least the brazilian Fox have 4 cylinders 1.6L engine with 103cv (I know, not that amazing...)

    Now, if you thing the VW Fox is bad.. wait what VW have for you guys later... VW just released a station wagon fox in here, wich they call "Spacefox" (I'm burying myself in shame here!)..
    Take a look:





    Wonderful, huh?
    Can you notice the Passat Estate taillight?

    Well... now.. the episode...
    OMG I loved the GT40 replica!!!!!!

    Erm.. that's all..
    Cya!
    It just got worse! They've started selling the "crossfox" (well, if I was a fox, I'd be seriously pissed-off as well!)

    Looks like this

    [/img]http://www.volkswagen.com.mx/CWE/imagenes/publicidadvw/cross_img_grand01.jpg[/img]

  16. #36
    JoeBlo1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 18th, 2004
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    28
    Posts
    521
    Rep Power
    0
    I just noticed how little attention this episode is getting after Top Gear just debuted.

    This episode was decent but it was probably the worst of the series so far. I don't see the point of thrashing 60 HP cars around a circuit.

    The autobahn segment was awesome but I initially thought Jason was going to derestrict the Audi's engine and go way past 155 MPH. The car collector is insane. Why 2 Koenigseggs? For such an extraordinary collection you'd think he'd be living in a mansion.
    ____________________________
    "If you have a target in your life, a real target, doesn´t matter if you are very poor or rich people, if you work hard and believe in God, you can get the success, success in the life."

    Ayrton Senna

  17. #37
    Kebab gud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2nd, 2005
    Location
    somewhere in yupe
    Posts
    1,511
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeBlo1
    Why 2 Koenigseggs? For such an extraordinary collection you'd think he'd be living in a mansion.
    one CC8S and one CCR ...
    i think i saw him on the pictures from the CCX launche too ..
    he might be the one who orders a CCX who allready had 2
    ____________________________
    The Kabab Hut: http://the-kebab.blogspot.com/
    (working on a better layout)

  18. #38

    Join Date
    May 10th, 2006
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Redliner
    Oh, and hellsoul! Another brazilian!
    Hello Redliner! Thanks!

    Well, about the Crossfox.. OH MY GOD!!!
    We have it here too, but I didn't think VW would do this to the rest of the world! lol!

  19. #39
    mizofatso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 6th, 2005
    Location
    EgypT
    Posts
    38
    Rep Power
    0
    I was really frustrated on when the guy said, I have never drive it yet……. I mean he really got on my nerves, u have a Carrera GT in ur garage and u never drove it WTF !!!!? What's the point of stacking some super cars in the garage I bet these cars a screaming to be driven as hell……. I just wish he could give me the Carrera just to worm it for him every day…….. do u guys think I should mail the guy to give me one of these cars……… worth a shot eah!!!
    ____________________________
    SOME DAY SOME HOW

  20. #40
    I'm not Moe bartboy9891's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1st, 2004
    Age
    25
    Posts
    9,125
    Rep Power
    34
    ^ he says he has no time. he also said that he's put some track time on the CLK-DTM AMG, so he does drive his cars
    ____________________________

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •