Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [10x01] September 25th, 2006

Lazy Head Dude
    FinalGear.com Owner
    Car(s)
    2008 Dodge Viper, 2001 Mustang GT

[10x01] September 25th, 2006

You know how it works. If you've seen it, discuss.
    ... I ask Herb Helbig, vehicle synthesis manager for SRT and a member of the original Team Viper development group since day one, if they'd ever thought of adding traction control. "It comes with two," he says, pointing at my feet. "Learn to use them." Got it.
    - Motor Trend on the 2006 Dodge Viper Coupe, November 2005

Car(s)
    Does a bicycle count?
    I hate the new presenter. Tim Lovejoy such a strange guy. What happened to Plato. Did they give him the boot?

Car(s)
    RenaultSport Clio 182 Trophy, Yamaha XP500 TMax
    That was the most awful episode ever. Tim Lovejoy and Viki is so the most dull character on TV (with no real knowledge in cars doing a car show) and a Viki who sounds like a 13-year-old girl with a crush on Tiff

The EVO IX was done too much like TG style, they should go back to old FG and be informative. A 30 sec review followed by a badly filmed race is just disappointing.

The only bit which was interesting and fun was the self-driving car part.

6i9

What the hell does Al Gore have anything to do with motoring? I don't care about his liberal views on his stupid movie, it shouldn't be whored out on 5th gear.

God, this is what we'll have to endure through before Top Gear comes back....

Quote Originally Posted by 6i9
    What the hell does Al Gore have anything to do with motoring?
    [obscure reference] Why doesn't anyone take Al Gore cereal!?! [/obscure reference]

Anyways, it seems that Fifth Gear doesn't understand the concept of "quality over quantity".

Car(s)
    Seat Leon 1.4 TSI
    My god what are they doing. That was absolutely awful. Usually Fifth Gear is neither here no there for me but if this is anything to go by then I won't bother any more.
    Both of the new presenters are weird and I think that was the first ever Tom Ford article that was a pile of crap.
    I don't see the point being in a cafe when it is the most obvious scripting ever.
    They really should go back to half an hour of car reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by teletubby-warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by 6i9
    What the hell does Al Gore have anything to do with motoring?
    [obscure reference] Why doesn't anyone take Al Gore cereal!?! [/obscure reference]

Anyways, it seems that Fifth Gear doesn't understand the concept of "quality over quantity".

Hahaha! South Park rules! Man Bear Pig!

What utter shite that was.

Err where did you guys get the episode?

Lazy Head Dude
    FinalGear.com Owner
    Car(s)
    2008 Dodge Viper, 2001 Mustang GT
    Quote Originally Posted by Redoak
    Err where did you guys get the episode?
    Scene rip is on Mininova.
    ... I ask Herb Helbig, vehicle synthesis manager for SRT and a member of the original Team Viper development group since day one, if they'd ever thought of adding traction control. "It comes with two," he says, pointing at my feet. "Learn to use them." Got it.
    - Motor Trend on the 2006 Dodge Viper Coupe, November 2005

its locked actually.

Car(s)
    BMW M3 of the imagination
    I saw ManBearPig in my street a few weeks ago, I rushed back into the house to get my shotgun but when I went back he was gone

Do you guys watch the british touring car series races? Vicki is one of the hosts and Plato races in a SEAT?? Mebe Plato left to focus on his racing as he hasn't been doing very well this year

No good on the fifth gear? And my atlanta falcons are being devasted on Monday Night Football..... bad night here

I'm Still looking forward to it, I love my evos

I like Fifth Gear because it was a different show then Top Gear. It was good on its own merits: Tiff, Plato, and Ford had intelligent comments and they did more serious car reviews. This new format sucks. That was definitely the worst Fifth Gear I've seen. I hope the producers realise their mistake and go back to the previous format.

Car(s)
    The 5th gear producers are crap, they get beaten in ratings by top gear and then try to imitate it as a response. They've dramtically changed the show twice in two seasons and it's all a sign that the show is in trouble. This might be the last series we see of fifth gear.

Quote Originally Posted by durerca
    I like Fifth Gear because it was a different show then Top Gear. It was good on its own merits: Tiff, Plato, and Ford had intelligent comments and they did more serious car reviews. This new format sucks. That was definitely the worst Fifth Gear I've seen. I hope the producers realise their mistake and go back to the previous format.
    Yep, totally agree. i came here to moan and expected to get flamed, glad to see im not the only one who thinks crap.

Shocking programme, if it wasnt for Hammonds accident, i can imagine JC laughing his tits off as he hears the news - 'where'.... 'there doing it in a cafe'.... ROFL

Url fixed.

That was miserably bad. I found myself skipping through most of it since I could hardly keep my eyes open. It's like they were trying to take the essence of Top Gear and put a spin on it, but it just came off as cheesy and boring. I also couldn't believe they axed Jason Plato. I thought his segments were much more entertaining than Tiff's and the combination of them both resulted in some quality segments - Ex. The Audi RS4 vs. BMW M3 in a drift competition... quite possibly one of my favorite challenges.

Does anyone know when Jason Plato started on the show? I think I'll brush up on all of the older episodes until the Fifth Gear producers go back to the old format or until Top Gear is back on the air. The new Fifth Gear isn't even worth my effort if every episode is as much of a snoozefest as this one was...

What an Utter Fucking awful piece of shitty episode was that?
    I thought the last season was a big improvement I even prefered it against the topgear....

What's with the new HQ? a Cafe? Fuck you!!! Fuck you!!

I did not want to see a Top Gear wanabee fucking hell!!

Fuck you Viki!!

Quality improvment is welcome but fucking uninfomative showmanship oriented fucking FifithGear? fuck off.

Car(s)
    I think Maxson likes it

Car(s)
    1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5L
    *note* - not all Aussies are like maxson

Damn looks like the ep was bad I'm still yet to see it but I'm already dissapointed with the comments

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information