Random Thoughts....

So I was burning some cd's to listen to on my road trip in the Miata, and came across Judas Priests "Hell Bent for Leather" and decided thats probably not the best song to blast with the top down in a bright red Miata and insist that I still prefer women.

Looking through his blogs, it seems to be that I am about 70% white.

On one hand, yeah it is funny. On the other hand, the faster we stop looking at ourselves as different races, but one race, the better this world will be. Same goes for nations. Instead of Italian-American, Irish-American, African-American, Somali-American, how about...oh, I dunno...AMERICAN?!?:unsure:

Ever since I heard it on South Park I've agreed with the idea. The sooner we stop going on about being Irish/English/Polish/African/Spanish/Latin/etc... The better. The sooner we stop distinguishing between the differences the sooner we can get beyond the BS that goes with it.

With that being said when people go on about said heritage I just say "I'm American" then go on about the mutt I am.

So I was burning some cd's to listen to on my road trip in the Miata, and came across Judas Priests "Hell Bent for Leather" and decided thats probably not the best song to blast with the top down in a bright red Miata and insist that I still prefer women.

Ever since I heard it on South Park I've agreed with the idea. The sooner we stop going on about being Irish/English/Polish/African/Spanish/Latin/etc... The better. The sooner we stop distinguishing between the differences the sooner we can get beyond the BS that goes with it.

With that being said when people go on about said heritage I just say "I'm American" then go on about the mutt I am.

That'll never happen. People will always need something to identify with, we've been doing it since our existence, I don't see it stopping. It's like saying world peace will exist, unless our DNA is altered neither will happen.

EDIT: And that first bit was funny, I lol'd

I'm not American.

British, Irish, German

Same here (including the British/Irish/German thing). My grandfather changed his name otherwise I'd be a Hertzhausfingelwatsitsomething rather than a boring generic English surname.

I'm with you, my family has been in the states for generations, pretty typical of most Northeast/New England families. (origin: Maine not Texas) Never had time to trace back my roots but I think possibly either my brother or sister did...

Yeah my Dad's side of the family has pretty much been in the same small downeast fishing town in Maine just about ever since the first one got here. His relatives that are left there all have this weird accent too, it's like visiting a different country. :lol:

Last edited:
Dad's side came out as free settlers from England in the 1800's, mum's i'm not sure about

My dad's side came over from England shortly after the founding of Jamestown in the British Colony of Virginia around 1619.

So yeah, we've been here for awhile, but I've got British blood in me.

I've just lost my damn phone. Must've fallen out of my pocket during a lecture and when I went back after it wasn't there. It might've been handed in to security, but being a fairly top end Sony Ericsson, chances are it's gone.

A few years ago my dad lost his Nokia 5110 in a Sydney trainstation and didn't realise until he was well on his way out. Fortunately someone found it and handed it in to security. It was handed in simply because it was such an old, outdated phone it wasn't worth stealing! I dont hold many hopes for a repeat :(.

If it's been stolen, you can always give the guy who stole it a REALLY bad time, call the operator and have them lock both your chip and your phone, all you need is the IMEI number which is on your box.

It was handed in simply because it was such an old, outdated phone it wasn't worth stealing!

Or the person could've just been nice. I would turn in any lost phone, no matter how nice it was, but you are right, the majority of people wouldn't.

If it's been stolen, you can always give the guy who stole it a REALLY bad time, call the operator and have them lock both your chip and your phone, all you need is the IMEI number which is on your box.

I'll wait until tomorrow and I've had a chance to speak to the security desk before doing anything. It's only prepaid so it's not a huge problem. I'm more upset about losing the phone (SE K800i) and my fairly extensive contact list which will need rebuilding if/when I get a new one.

I still hold a hope that it's been handed in, I dont think anyone has been in the lecture theater since my lecture, so if it was found, it'd probably have been found by the girls who sat in the row behind me. Hopefully they probably know something about it.

I know the feeling, Red_Bull :comfort: I myself had lost 2 phones last year.
One (SE K700i) was stolen out of my chest pocket while I was deep asleep on the bus, and the other (Nokia N70) was when my mother's handbag was stolen when she fell asleep whilst studying at the Library.

I once found a HTC TyTN II no less which is one hell of a phone.

I went into the phonebook and rang 'Home' some guy answered and I asked if he lost a phone. He told me he did and just to make sure it was his I asked him to tell me the imei number. Anyway, it was his and I just waited around for half an hour and he came and took it. He was so amazed and grateful that I gave it back, he bought me dinner :) It turns out he is not only quite a petrol head but also a top gear fan :thumbup: As if that was not enough, he also drives a Audi S4 (B6). He invited me to join him on a few trackdays since then :) I would always give back a phone even if it was owned by an ass. But, turns out this guy is really great. Good things happen to good people ;-)

He was so amazed and grateful that I gave it back, he bought me dinner :) It turns out he is not only quite a petrol head but also a top gear fan :thumbup: As if that was not enough, he also drives a Audi S4 (B6). He invited me to join him on a few trackdays since then :) I would always give back a phone even if it was owned by an ass. But, turns out this guy is really great.

Really, really great, it would seem ;)

Yeah!

He came over a while ago with a 250 HDD and I gave him all the Top Gear and Fifth Gear seasons along with other random stuff from Jezza and Captin Slow.

I've just lost my damn phone. Must've fallen out of my pocket during a lecture and when I went back after it wasn't there. It might've been handed in to security, but being a fairly top end Sony Ericsson, chances are it's gone.

A few years ago my dad lost his Nokia 5110 in a Sydney trainstation and didn't realise until he was well on his way out. Fortunately someone found it and handed it in to security. It was handed in simply because it was such an old, outdated phone it wasn't worth stealing! I dont hold many hopes for a repeat :(.

That sucks, I hope someone turns it in. I have a weird habit of finding lost cell phones and getting them back to their owners, I did 3 last month and now I've got another sitting on my desk that I found this morning that's awaiting pickup. Gotta build up that good karma.

I just realised that I had trapped a wasp under a cup when I was having a shower yesterday but never got rid of it. Needless to say it was dead and completely rock solid.

That sucks, I hope someone turns it in. I have a weird habit of finding lost cell phones and getting them back to their owners, I did 3 last month and now I've got another sitting on my desk that I found this morning that's awaiting pickup. Gotta build up that good karma.

stop stealing phones and 'returning' them in an attempt to get booty plz :p