New SHO under consideration ... boobies

argatoga

Can't Start His Wank
Car(s)
'08 Pontiac Solstice GXP
Ford needs to put that new Yamaha V8 into something else besides the S80.

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/05/07/ford-holdss-taurus-sho-focus-group-in-chicago-what-does-it-mea/

Being an avid Super High Output fan, any news of a Taurus SHO return gets my imagination going. Should it be FWD, AWD, or RWD? V8-powered or have a twin-turbo V6 underhood? Should it be light and handle well or compensate for its mass with awesome amounts of power? I ask these questions to myself, but last Monday a group of 11 Chicago area SHO fanatics were asked those same questions by members of the Taurus program from Ford.

As told by Don Mallinson on V8Sho.com, the story goes that this band of brothers participated in a focus group and had their brains picked for an evening about what makes a SHO a SHO, and if the much missed name were to be resurrected, what should the car be like today? Mallinson is clear that he and the focus group participants did not see a prototype, sketches of a prototype, or anything else that would confirm development is well on its way. The experience was pretty much a one-way street of questions, but these 11 people may have influenced Ford's decision to bring back the SHO and, if so, in what way. Such an awesome responsibility, I probably couldn't handle it.

I got super excited when I read this earlier, I hope not only that they make a quality car, but that people actually buy it.

I hope they base it on the NEXT Taurus, and not the current one...

When I went to auto tech school, I tore down and put together the Yamaha 3 liter they used in the original SHO's; that engine, inside and out, is a work of art. The tolerances are ridiculously precise, the pistons and connecting rods were all balanced, the crankshaft looked like it came out of something Italian; and thinking back, that engine should be good for 8-9000 RPM's easily.

Bring it back, Ford!

the pistons and connecting rods were all balanced, the crankshaft looked like it came out of something Italian;

Yea, and it fails catastrophically like an Italian car as well...

Love the thread title.

I like the idea of a new SHO, but wouldn't a Fusion SHO make more sense? The original SHO was a mid sized car, which the current Taurus is not.

Hmmm...the Fusiuon is based on the Mazda 6, and there is a Mazdaspeed 6 (MPS)...that kinda makes sense...

Hey, I came here expecting boobies. You lied to me! :mad:

I hope they make it and don't muck it up. An original SHO has been on my want list for a long time.

Hmmm.....It'd have to be some car to make boobies appear out of nowhere. <_<

As long as the engine is as ridiculously good looking as it was in the old ones, colour me exited.

(Screw off firefox; that's how you spell colour)

When I went to auto tech school, I tore down and put together the Yamaha 3 liter they used in the original SHO's; that engine, inside and out, is a work of art. The tolerances are ridiculously precise, the pistons and connecting rods were all balanced, the crankshaft looked like it came out of something Italian; and thinking back, that engine should be good for 8-9000 RPM's easily.

Bring it back, Ford!

If I recall correctly, the engine was torture tested by Yamaha at 9,000rpm for hours without braking.

So a new SHO is just all speculation right now? Way to needlessly get my hopes up. <_<