Macbook Air, worth it?

^Mate, at your age I wouldn't even consider the MacBook Pro... The standard MacBook will be more than sufficient.

I won't be the main user of the laptop. I'll probably only get to use it when I have team projects to do, i.e. once a month. Anw, its primary purpose is to be like a painting on the wall - a decorative.

I'm not doing some e-penis shit here because I'm not those 15 year olds who go up to cardomain and post pictures of their uncle's car and claiming that they are 24 and the car belongs to them.

Yea we already banned Mopar Man.

||Wow two digs against him in one night I am on a role
|||Does this make me an asshole? Probably, but than I am on The Internet.

If it's more like a decorative item, it doesn't really matter what brand or model it is, most new laptops will be able to handle Powerpoint and email. But if you need to use Photoshop extensively, then go with something powerful like the Macbook Pro. Even though I hat Macs, I have to admit the spec does look good. Get the 2.6ghz model with 4GB or ram.

^Dude you don't need that for Photoshop!!! :shock:

Photoshop will run fine with much less, it's not exactly real intensive stuff. Heck I run 3D Max on my laptop no problem and I've got nothing close to that.

Q MacBook Air worth it?

Answer:
1. Yes, if you are a media exec or in advertising, and the firm is paying
2. No, if you are anyone else

^Dude you don't need that for Photoshop!!! :shock:

Photoshop will run fine with much less, it's not exactly real intensive stuff. Heck I run 3D Max on my laptop no problem and I've got nothing close to that.

Depend on how extensively he uses it. If just for photoshopping a few pics any dual core cpu is fine. But if he's using it semi-professionally, he's going to need a faster cpu.

I would never buy a laptop that didn't have a removable battery or a DVD drive.

Depend on how extensively he uses it. If just for photoshopping a few pics any dual core cpu is fine. But if he's using it semi-professionally, he's going to need a faster cpu.

Well I was talking about the RAM, it'll run fine on 2 gigs. I'm also not exactly just "Photoshopping" I'm in school to become a game art guy.

Actually, me and my dad have discussed a bit just now in the car and we're quite agreeing on the 13" Macbook with 2.4ghz and 250GB storage. It's costs quite OK at SGD$2200, has all the nerdiness of a Mac, and has great(though not awesome) specs.

^I'm hoping so! :D In fact I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the experience would be much better than with Windows, the crashes, blue screens etc.

^I'm hoping so! :D In fact I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the experience would be much better than with Windows, the crashes, blue screens etc.

Just dont get bleak when none of your favourite games can run on OSX

Just dont get bleak when none of your favourite games can run on OSX

Or when none of them will run on you notebook period. I thought my notebook would be good for some gaming but no it gets hot and when that happens it's all over, the games start running like crap. Laptops aren't for gaming unless they are designed to run them.

Cough...Lenovo....Cough Cough...........X300....cough

That cold weather must be getting to me..:rolleyes:

you can boot Windows on the MacBook if really needed...

Heard about that before, but surely it won't be as good as original Windows? Running a game from an emulated OS ontop of another OS. Hm....

Heard about that before, but surely it won't be as good as original Windows? Running a game from an emulated OS ontop of another OS. Hm....

It's not an emulated OS, it's a real windows running on a real Intel processor with real drivers so it's as good as any PC, maybe better :-D

You can of course use virtualization software like VMWare if you want.