Random Thoughts....

Have a safe trip, man. Try not to kill anyone while waiting in frustration. :cheers:

So I'm sitting here in the crappy Air Canada lounge in Vancouver waiting to board my Lufthansa flight to Frankfurt and then to Tehran, Iran.

Just wanted to say bye. I will still stop by, if a bit less often, for the next few weeks. Just pray I make it through the 8 hour transit in Germany by myself... I have never felt time creep so slowly as it does when you're stuck in an airport terminal for half a day.

On the sleep issue, I have been up for 24 hours and it's getting rather unbearable to stay awake now. Let's just hope my plans go as intended and I get some good sleep on the plane.

Can't you just look around the city? As long as you don't need the visas, I think you're free to leave the airport in the meantime, aren't you? Or if you're fast enough, you can rent a car and do a few laps around the Nuerburgring.

So I'm sitting here in the crappy Air Canada lounge in Vancouver waiting to board my Lufthansa flight to Frankfurt and then to Tehran, Iran.

Just wanted to say bye. I will still stop by, if a bit less often, for the next few weeks. Just pray I make it through the 8 hour transit in Germany by myself... I have never felt time creep so slowly as it does when you're stuck in an airport terminal for half a day.

On the sleep issue, I have been up for 24 hours and it's getting rather unbearable to stay awake now. Let's just hope my plans go as intended and I get some good sleep on the plane.

Good luck! I hope you get free wifi or internet in Frankfurt (if you need an access code and there's a NEUF subscriber option from "list of ISPs" I can lend you mine).

Most of the fun stuff is usually airside (after checkin), I've found, although they may not open checkin until a few hours before...

Just start muttering loudly to yourself about how you'd like to "kill them all". Your time in the airport terminal will become a lot more interesting! Although it has to be said, this comes with the risk that you may not make your flight...

Make sure you know where you're going in Frankfurt airport, I got lost.

^ And don't, as I did, assume that since the McDonalds (hey I was starving) is in Frankfurt airport that the staff will speak English. Now that was an interesting experience - I wanted nine McNuggets (remember, I was starving), which to a German sounded like I was ordering "No McNuggets" ('nine' sounds like 'nein').

^ Why the ATC says niner.

THE London transport system was heavily disrupted overnight as thousands of revellers held an unauthorised "drinks party'' on underground trains before an alcohol ban went into effect.

The key Circle Line, which serves some of the capital's most exclusive districts, was shut down as thousands of people gathered for a booze-up on Tube trains after being rallied by social networking websites.

"There are problems on the Circle Line and it has been stopped,'' a London Transport Police spokesman said last night.

David Mudkips, a 25-year-old computer programmer, described the experience on one of the trains packed with revellers as: "Like rush hour but fun. There were people's sweaty armpits in my face but I didn't care because I was drinking.''

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,23791976-1702,00.html?from=widget_rss

^ And don't, as I did, assume that since the McDonalds (hey I was starving) is in Frankfurt airport that the staff will speak English. Now that was an interesting experience - I wanted nine McNuggets (remember, I was starving), which to a German sounded like I was ordering "No McNuggets" ('nine' sounds like 'nein').

Haha...

Why would you specify what you don't want? You could spend 15 minutes listing off every menu item saying what you don't want, turning it into an abusrd game of "what's left behind"...

^ Yeah, that's why the kid was so confused - the conversation went something like:

"Nine McNuggets"
"Nein?"
"Nine"
"Nein???"
<me holds up nine fingers> "Nine"
"Ah, neun!"

Last edited:
^Fork handles?

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cz2-ukrd2VQ[/YOUTUBE]

^ Really? I don't think I ever met someone in Germany that didn't speak even basic English.

Alobohol ftw, although trying to keep drinking from becoming ftl ftl. If you don't get it, think about as if you were a bit drunk.

Make sure you know where you're going in Frankfurt airport, I got lost.

Frankfurt Airport is totally crazy, never have I been to a more confusing airport.

THE London transport system was heavily disrupted overnight as thousands of revellers held an unauthorised "drinks party'' on underground trains before an alcohol ban went into effect.

The key Circle Line, which serves some of the capital's most exclusive districts, was shut down as thousands of people gathered for a booze-up on Tube trains after being rallied by social networking websites.

"There are problems on the Circle Line and it has been stopped,'' a London Transport Police spokesman said last night.

:lol: Prue's sister and her husband were on that... I was surprised all over Europe seeing people drinking on public transport, it's been banned here for years!!

<-- I have no idea what you're talking about, so here's a Jeremy Clarkson with a pancake(hat) on it's head.

Frankfurt Airport is totally crazy, never have I been to a more confusing airport.

:lol: Prue's sister and her husband were on that... I was surprised all over Europe seeing people drinking on public transport, it's been banned here for years!!

and has it stopped you :p