24hours of LeMons / Finalgear.com Official Money-Raising Thread

I'll be donating 100 euro (155 usd) around July 15th. Will that be in time? Maybe cover on-the-go costs?

I'll be donating 100 euro (155 usd) around July 15th. Will that be in time? Maybe cover on-the-go costs?
That will be great! Will help cover the on-track costs.

Thanks to all who have donated so far! Make sure you PM me with what the banner/name/ad you want on the car!

Ok, I am thinking about helping you guys out. Can you tell me more? (I am one of those dumb girls, but I like you guys)

Also, I don't know what I want on the car, Can some talented person help me out?

Last thing. I like the flag idea, but doesn't that slow you down a bit and cause the car to use more fuel? (just asking as I remember something about it in the tg news one time)

How much would it cost me to get an Apple sticker next to my name?
wink.gif

How much would it cost to get 'Peniston Oils' or 'Larsen's Biscuits' on one side of the car? :p

Ok, I am thinking about helping you guys out. Can you tell me more? (I am one of those dumb girls, but I like you guys)

Also, I don't know what I want on the car, Can some talented person help me out?

Last thing. I like the flag idea, but doesn't that slow you down a bit and cause the car to use more fuel? (just asking as I remember something about it in the tg news one time)

sure. anything specific you are looking for? the basic concept is this:

you take a car, affectionately, or cursed as a "lemon" when the car's sellable value is $500 or less. This car is then gutted of the interior bits, the mechanical bits are pasted, coaxed, or tac-welded back on (because you can't exactly call the car a lemon if you just dropped $1,000 on a tranny, now can you?) then the car is laden with enough safety equipment to make Insurance Attorneys barely nudge their thumbs in the plus direction. At that point, various teams of eccentric whack-jobs with too much time or too little brains on them congregate at various tracks across the united states that somehow got their track insurance to say "OK" and we go Race! ...or try. Autoweek put it best when they explained that the 24hours of Lemons isn't so much a race as it is like trying not to miss your exit on a Mexican Freeway.

The races are mostly California, however recently, they started adding events on the east coast. These all are Endurance-Race Format (as the spoof of the name of the great 24 Hours of LeMans implies) Our objective, is to nurse whatever crap-can shitbox we can acquire all the way to the end. We'll be lucky to finish, Better still to win an award (we're trying to roll for People's Choice) or even best, Win the Race.

More info can be located here: http://www.24hoursoflemons.com

Any team-related info you're interested in? feel free to post!

We have google checkout available, PM me and I'll send you a link to it.

sure. anything specific you are looking for? the basic concept is this:

you take a car, affectionately, or cursed as a "lemon" when the car's sellable value is $500 or less. This car is then gutted of the interior bits, the mechanical bits are pasted, coaxed, or tac-welded back on (because you can't exactly call the car a lemon if you just dropped $1,000 on a tranny, now can you?) then the car is laden with enough safety equipment to make Insurance Attorneys barely nudge their thumbs in the plus direction. At that point, various teams of eccentric whack-jobs with too much time or too little brains on them congregate at various tracks across the united states that somehow got their track insurance to say "OK" and we go Race! ...or try. Autoweek put it best when they explained that the 24hours of Lemons isn't so much a race as it is like trying not to miss your exit on a Mexican Freeway.

The races are mostly California, however recently, they started adding events on the east coast. These all are Endurance-Race Format (as the spoof of the name of the great 24 Hours of LeMans implies) Our objective, is to nurse whatever crap-can shitbox we can acquire all the way to the end. We'll be lucky to finish, Better still to win an award (we're trying to roll for People's Choice) or even best, Win the Race.

More info can be located here: http://www.24hoursoflemons.com

Any team-related info you're interested in? feel free to post!

No, I don't have any specific questions. Thanks for the info and the website. It all looks like it will be great fun and something I would think a tg fan would really be in to.

Can I get a picture of the car with my sponsorship visible? Something for the scrape book ya know.

No, I don't have any specific questions. Thanks for the info and the website. It all looks like it will be great fun and something I would think a tg fan would really be in to.

Can I get a picture of the car with my sponsorship visible? Something for the scrape book ya know.

Yup, there will be full photos of the car before the race.. we are keeping it under covers until race time cause of our "super-secret" theme.

Yup, there will be full photos of the car before the race.. we are keeping it under covers until race time cause of our "super-secret" theme.

Sounds so cool. I wish I could come watch. Give me a bit to decide what I want on mine. I will not take too long.

will this be OK?

m81htd.png

glad to have you around. any more people donating?

Yeah, it took a while to process. I think PayPal finally released the funds.

Just a reminder folks.. if you have sent money and want your name/logo on the car, SEND ME A PM ASAP!

And if you haven't donated, you need to do so!