Votes: 2 2.7%

• Total voters

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Last edited:
Obama again. Viper, Obama's first name is barack.

I've supported Ralph Nader for quite some time, but I'm not supporting his 2008 campaign for several reasons. Namely, it doesn't seem like they are putting in much effort. Of course, it's extremely difficult for anyone outside of this 2-party system we have.

With that said. I don't like either, but I dislike McCain the most. So I'd rather see Obama as the next president. Regardless of politics, I think the change from the norm would help our image abroad.

Yeah, I kinda like Nader too (dunno over Obama -- I don't know enough about Nader to make a real decision), but I'd never vote outside the two-party, at least anytime soon. I'd rather my vote count than make a statement with it.

Obama again. Viper, Obama's first name is barack.
I copy/pasted from the other thread.

Don't forget Barack's middle name is Hussein. And we all know who else had the exact same name....yup that lil' bastard named Saddam Hussein. And of course, Obama is only 1 letter away from Osama.

Barack Hussein Osama vs. John Sidney McCain III

Folks, I think the choice is clear here... :lol:

/sarcasm?

I will always favor a conservative, but in this case I guess I have to go with the moderate. Basically these two guys are politics as usual when you actually dig down deep into their "stuff" and there is no way in HELL I would be willing to put a liberal into office.

I honestly don't give a crap about the party... I just want the guy who will favor smaller Gov't and keep them out of my wallet... Obama is not that guy.

I Basically these two guys are politics as usual when you actually dig down deep into their "stuff" and there is no way in HELL I would be willing to put a liberal into office.

Same here...but, there is an alternative, Bob Barr, Libertarian candidate. Check him out, a lot of you might really like him, and Libertarian philosophies.

http://www.bobbarr2008.com/

For example, his view on nation defense:
* For far too long and at the cost of American blood and treasure, our great military has been too willingly and quickly used for purposes other than national defense. Our fighting men and women deserve better and the integrity of our nation must be restored.
* Our National Defense policy must renew a commitment to non-intervention. We are not the world's police force and our long, yet recently tarnished, tradition of respecting the sovereignty of other nations is necessary, not from only a moral standpoint, but to regain the respect of the world as a principled and peaceful nation.
* The proper use of force is clear. If attacked, the aggressor will experience firsthand the skillful wrath of the American fighting man. However, invading or initiating force against another nation based upon perceived threats and speculative intelligence is simply un-American. We are better than the policy of pre-emptive warfare.

I am well aware of Bob Barr, but he has NO chance of winning.... now, if McCain picked him up as a VP... then we have something useful!

I am well aware of Bob Barr, but he has NO chance of winning.... now, if McCain picked him up as a VP... then we have something useful!

And that would never, ever, ever happen.

I think McCain has a greater chance of picking Lieberman for Veep then Barr.

I think McCain has a greater chance of picking Lieberman for Veep then Barr.
A VP on a losing ticket picked again for VP?
The pundits' heads would explode. That's as good a reason as any to do so.

I will always favor a conservative, but in this case I guess I have to go with the moderate. Basically these two guys are politics as usual when you actually dig down deep into their "stuff" and there is no way in HELL I would be willing to put a liberal into office.

I honestly don't give a crap about the party... I just want the guy who will favor smaller Gov't and keep them out of my wallet... Obama is not that guy.
Personally I prefer to be governed by elected officials rather than corporate executives, if nothing else just for the system of checks and balances offered by the government. I don't want the government controlling every aspect of my life but I'd like to live for the benefit of all rather than the benefit of profit margins.

Personally I prefer to be governed by elected officials rather than corporate executives, if nothing else just for the system of checks and balances offered by the government. I don't want the government controlling every aspect of my life but I'd like to live for the benefit of all rather than the benefit of profit margins.

Tell me more of these government "benefits" :lol:

So, what are you saying?? Who would you vote for?

If I had to vote right now Obama would be my winner mostly because I don't like the way things are going with a republican in office and as much as I hate to admit it voting for an independent is just throwing my vote away.

Tell me more of these government "benefits" :lol:
Maybe "benefits" wasn't the right word. :p What I meant was that if the government starts going overly bat shit crazy there are ways to change things. Complaining to your representatives, impeachments, limited terms, and the like. If we have smaller government and less regulation of industries that puts more power in the hands of executives and generally the public has no influence over those so they can run free.