Random Thoughts....

I just bought a Wii. Specifically for Smash Bros Brawl. I can't use it till 8 cuz I'm at work. I WOULD be able to play it at work but this is the one day my boss is here till closing. .....just an hour and a half to go.
I still have yet to see a Wii sitting on a store shelf. 360's and PS3's are everywhere.

Wiis game play FTW - (I prefer Xbox360 personally) but we have PS2, Xbox, and 2x Xbox360s - the girls really like the Wii, better games and game play for them I think.

I see Wiis everywhere... they have them in stock in Canada and I even saw a bunch today in Tehran.

Am I the only one who got bored of the Wii? It was cool at first but the novelty wore off quick, and I find the controller a bit of a nuisance. It's cool for sports or WarioWare, but playing other games like Zelda is a little annoying. I guess I find it a bit childish.

My Wii has been up on craigslist for a few months. I've had some offers, but nothing serious.

But why are you getting a MBA? Blech, worst product out of Cupertino for quite a while.

It went something like this:

"Hay Lilleput, everyone in Management are getting new Laptops, what can i write you down for?"

":blink: .. Err MacBook Air.. Hehe"

"Okay.."

":cry:"

You mean your Desktop Support team let you do that?

There is usually a rule about preferred suppliers and configuration as it keeps costs down.

I was involved in a re-branding project years ago, the marketing department changed the logos and the fonts and then insisted that each and every document had to follow the design. Problem: they were the only people with MACS every one else was using PCs, IBM mainframes and mid range Aix and AS-400s. We had to buy in all the fonts on all the platforms as those chosen were not in our already implemented inventory - kept me out of mischief for a while!

I see Wiis everywhere... they have them in stock in Canada and I even saw a bunch today in Tehran.

Am I the only one who got bored of the Wii? It was cool at first but the novelty wore off quick, and I find the controller a bit of a nuisance.

The only game I enjoy on Wii is guitar hero, because it's a guitar, not the Wii controller. One friend has Call of Duty on Wii, another has it on XBox 360. It is unfathomable on the Wii as you have that extra extension for walking around and then the stick for shooting and whatever whereas on the 360, having everything on the one controller is so much easier! And logical! And I prefer the look of the graphics.

Played GTA IV on aforementioned 360 last night. Damn, it's fun!

12 hours left till the deadline for my thesis... I'm Nescafe deeply grateful for their instant coffee. Place mug of water 2 minutes in microwave, add black powder from tiny bag, insert spoon and done! Two more hours of waking life.

I just roll a small joint and write random stuff for my thesis.

Finished with finals btw, wrote the last paper stoned and found it surprisngly easy...

e-mail, finalgear and Calendar

edit: I need a Word-esque program

How about um, word?

I still have yet to see a Wii sitting on a store shelf. 360's and PS3's are everywhere.

The "shortage" seems more like a marketting stratergy in the US, everywhere else has plenty of the things.

So Melbournians, drinks sometime in the near future?

I just roll a small joint and write random stuff for my thesis.

Finished with finals btw, wrote the last paper stoned and found it surprisngly easy...

I've been contemplating that, but I'm a bit hesitant to change my method 12 hours before the deadline ;)

The problem is that the thesis is about computer sciences. Every frivolic word or thought is sanctioned with suspicous looks and an accusation of "unprofessionalism". I also noticed that I'm not as smart as I always thought to be, so I need a bit of sharpness to produce something decent ;)

Hah, writing papers stoned is awesome. Maybe it's because I was in humanities and being stoned made me more creative, but I couldn't bare to do papers lucid in my last semester and I noticed a definite increase in my average marks.

The best thing about it was that I could focus and write what was in my head. When I'd write normally I would be so worried about the deadline and the quality of my finished assignment, that I would progress very slowly.

But yeah, I wouldn't recommend it for most... I get way less affected by pot than the average person.

MadCow, I thought you were taking a break? I've been off it for some 2 weeks now and I haven't noticed any withdrawal effects or even cravings. That makes me happy. :)

To anybody doing mid-year uni exams in Melbourne, good luck!

Why not just use Google Documents or OpenOffice.org?

The only game I enjoy on Wii is guitar hero, because it's a guitar, not the Wii controller. One friend has Call of Duty on Wii, another has it on XBox 360. It is unfathomable on the Wii as you have that extra extension for walking around and then the stick for shooting and whatever whereas on the 360, having everything on the one controller is so much easier! And logical! And I prefer the look of the graphics.

There is a Medal of Honor game that has some great controls and online play for the Wii, I think it's Medal of Honor: Heros 2. It's really what I thought FPS's would be like on the Wii when I heard about it's controller. I got stuck though on the nearly impossible last mission just minutes away from the end of the game. I especially like the controls for the shotgun, makes using the shotgun extremely fun. :yes: