Possible mod for my civic....yes or no.

Not to be a dick, but 14 seconds is slow. It's an economy car, there's no shame in admitting it's not a racecar.

Hey, that's at least 3 seconds quicker than my 740 GL. I be running low 17's, yo!

As for the mods, kinda cool, just don't go overboard.

Hmm, I'm ashamed to say this, but I still haven't had a chance to run my E55 down the quarter mile yet.

*Hangs head in shame

Quick google search brings up a 13.3 figure, but a few little tweaks I have coming should fix that (provided I get the time to fit them on).

Not to be a dick, but 14 seconds is slow. It's an economy car, there's no shame in admitting it's not a racecar.

For a daily driver that gets 32+mpg, 14 seconds is fine by me. What do you drive?

*looks up quarter mile for her car*
18 seconds....
11 seconds 0-60.....
good thing I get like 30 MPG on average.... >:
Who would like to the get Kat a turbo fund?
You will be contributing to me not getting rear ended on the highway >:

Last edited:
1/4 mile in my Diesel auto Zafira with the lower power (120 bhp) 2.0 Diesel engine - oh about three weeks if lucky.

1/4 mile in my Diesel auto Zafira with the lower power (120 bhp) 2.0 Diesel engine - oh about three weeks if lucky.

internets say 16.5
i'm still slower lol

^ Its all a damn lie - and do not forget two adults (sometimes three) and three kids plus luggage - and a dog sometimes. That slows it down somewhat. Two of the adults may be considered a tad overweight. ... Er. ...(looks to see if Mrs Cobol is about - phew).

Are you sure your beetle would handle a turbo kit though? I'd imagine the chassis will need quiet a bit of strengthening, especially since you have a convertible.

Back on topic! I don't see why you shouldn't try doing those lights; it's not like you're going for the F&F neon look, and it'll at least make your car stand out. Go for it.

Are you sure your beetle would handle a turbo kit though? I'd imagine the chassis will need quiet a bit of strengthening, especially since you have a convertible.
Actually there are two models of beetles that have stock turbos and one that has a stock VR6
1.8 and some 2.0 liter bugs have turbos
neuspeed makes a supercharger too

It all comes down to what I want to do.
A chipped and tuned 1.8: http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=34029482