Clarkson: Ever wondered why Clarkson is such trouble? Well, meet his mum...

TurnerGTX

Even if you didn't know whose mum she was, you could hazard a shrewd guess.

Shirley Clarkson has robust views on political correctness, global warming and the niggling constraints imposed by officialdom.

Here's a typical bugbear: 'I'm not worried about the planet, no. It will be all right. Something will turn up. I went through a war and, at the end, we thought we wouldn't recover, but you do, don't you?

'People say: "What about your grandchildren?" Well, they'll sort themselves out. One of my grandsons said: "We'll just invent another planet."'

In a world clouded by portents of doom, Shirley is a bracing gust of fresh air.

She doesn't hold with angst, pessimism, introspection and self-doubt.

'I don't worry about a thing. I never suffer from stress,' she says breezily.

She is, of course, the mum of Jeremy 'Top Gear' Clarkson - he of the impeccable anti-Green credentials - but now she is stepping out of the shadows, not to own up to his parentage, but to tell her own story.

.......Jeremy's endorsement on the cover reads: 'A heart-warming, inspirational tale of a woman trying to run a business while having me as a son.'

And, poor dear, it can't have been easy for her. Jeremy fomented trouble at his public school, Repton, in Derbyshire, causing minor explosions in the science block as a prelude to getting expelled.

'It's not true, as he once said, that I threw pans at him when he was told to leave,' says Shirley, 73.

'But we had spent a lot of money on his education and we thought: "What the hell are we paying for?"'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1026641/Ever-wondered-Jeremy-Clarkson-trouble-Well-meet-mum-.html

The Times published an extract of her book focussing on the Paddington Bears which was a very compelling read. I almost feel inclined to go and pick up a copy of her book for further reading because she sounds like she has a few things to say.

not surprised

The thing is, she's right, stuff always sorts it self out, look scientists just started breeding beetles that poo raw oil and the arab's will start pumping from a new oil platform next month.. Even if we fuck up this planet, in 500 years we will be able to just say fuck it and move.