Top Gear U.S. track layout at El Toro?

Its hard to see where a consistant line is as far as where a lap of the track would be. It looks like someone has been having a lot of fun out there :) I'm guessing US Top Gear will have much more consistent times as far as laps go since there's going to be much better weather.

https://pic.armedcats.net/a/an/anonymous/2008/05/18/2479673398_4f4aa6fcc2.jpg

It is El Torro indeed

Heh, this thread made it on the front pages of both Jalopnik and Autoblog.

All those tire marks are from auto events by manufacturers (Cadillac just had one where they invite people to drive their cars). Been there for years.

So TG US is going for a similar type of airline strip track eh? I just hope they figure out how to balance the straights and turns so it won't favor a particular type of car *cough*supercar*cough*

:lmao:

That is actually quite humorous. :lol:

Geez, you mean it's not going to be an oval? Hey look, he's making another left turn ...

Geez, you mean it's not going to be an oval? Hey look, he's making another left turn ...

Lol did you see the NASCAR race at Infineon? I swear half the field takes the wrong line and none of them know how to pass unless they just bump them out of the way. Juan Pablo Montoya knows how to race good though because Paul Stewart Racing had him in their Formula program. And those NASCARs are just hilarious to watch. They're all flobery and bouncy through the turns.

Anyway I was hoping TG America would be at a proper track like Laguna Seca (Test Drive use that track quite a bit). It would've made it just a bit more relatable for me. But I guess it wouldn't work unless they were able to build a big set garage at the track.

When watching on TV, you only see the most exciting, unpredictable action on the track.
When there's a clean pass happening in turn 8, and at the same time cars are going three wide into turn 11, they're gonna show what's happening in turn 11.