My 2004 Honda S2000 Pictures / Review

The Chad

Car(s)
'11 Fiesta SES
Hello all,

I figured, after nearly five years of ownership (and a long time member of this site, even if I don't post much), I figured I'd post pictures and a review of my 2004 Honda S2000. It is for sale, if anyone is interested, and the price is pretty good. PM for details.

I will post the review later, but here are the pictures (at least some of them)...

JDM Honda Badging...
picture.php

HIDs and a little bit of hood gap (needed to adjust the stopper thingies)...
picture.php

A couple water spots ruining a perfectly good picture...
picture.php

It has the OEM front lip now (not shown)...
picture.php

Who would pay almost $2000.00 USD for an exhaust?
picture.php

I would! Full titanium Power House Amuse. I can pick it up with my pinky finger!
picture.php

Comptech intake with carbon fiber plate...
picture.php

I have more pictures somewhere, but I can't seem to find them in my iPhoto library so they must be archived somewhere else. If I find them I'll post them. Also stay tuned for the full review.

Last edited:
Mods include:

OEM JDM Sidemarkers
OEM USDM Front Lip
Power House Amuse full titanium dual cat-back
Comptech intake
Voodoo titanium shift knob (best purchase EVER)
Alpine 8550 HU (with iPod adapter and Sirius)
MB Quart speakers and tweeters (the Q-line)
JL Amp and JL Stealthbox w/ 10" sub
Hardwired Valentine 1

Fine car that is. Is it true that you have to thrash the engine to 8000 RPM before you get any sort of power? The thing that turned me off from the S2000 was the lack of low end torque. The eariler models I heard were terrible. It wasn't until a few years later when Honda enlarged the VTEC engine to 2.2L to increase the low end torque. Do you have the 2.0L or the 2.2L?

I'm not interested in buying it, but how does it sound with the exhaust? Do you have a video clip available?

Lovely car, Looks awesome sadly I can't buy it but I'm sure you won't have a problem finding someone interested, one of the lasts proper sports cars.

Fine car that is. Is it true that you have to thrash the engine to 8000 RPM before you get any sort of power? The thing that turned me off from the S2000 was the lack of low end torque. The eariler models I heard were terrible. It wasn't until a few years later when Honda enlarged the VTEC engine to 2.2L to increase the low end torque. Do you have the 2.0L or the 2.2L?

I have the 2.2L, b/c Honda in their infinite wisdom felt that car needed more torque, and less red-line. Around town, it has enough torque to be drive-able. If you are taking off quick from a light, it's easy to get trumped by the car next to you until you hit 6k (VTEC transition point) and then it's off to the races. The intake and exhaust helped throttle response immensely and the car is very drive-able. And when you thrash it, it's awesome.

Is it for everyone? No, but I wouldn't let the low torque number completely turn you off to this type of car.

I'm not interested in buying it, but how does it sound with the exhaust? Do you have a video clip available?

The exhaust is a low, burbly sound (well, as low as a 2.2L 4-cylinder can be), I'm quite pleased with it. I don't have a sound clip right now, but I might work on getting here in a little while. Having purchased it sound-unheard, I'm very very happy with it, and haven't heard another S2000 with an aftermarket exhaust sound as good as this one does.

Love it, best roadster that isn't a Miata.

I like the new Miata a lot, and it seems to have more shoulder room than the S2000, though the S2000 is larger inside overall. Really, though, the boot is big for a car of this size. Fuel economy is good (I'm averaging 24.5 combined in US miles/gallons). The suspension is good but tough. As a daily driver, it's not a bad choice in a sports car. I've driven it daily for almost 5 years ('cept in winter, car hasn't seen snow), and is still a hoot to drive. Just hit 25k miles on the clock and every one is a joy. It's also great to see other S2000 owners on the road. Almost all of them beep and wave. I enjoy the community.

Lovely car, Looks awesome sadly I can't buy it but I'm sure you won't have a problem finding someone interested, one of the lasts proper sports cars.

I'm not trying to make this a For Sale thread by any means. Just I know there are enthusiasts on here and I figured I'd mention it in passing that I'm looking to part ways with it.

i LOVE S2000's, but its a little too "jdm" "usdm" "carbonfiberdm" for my taste.

Honestly, weight reduction on your cold air box? :lol:

Otherwise its a dead sexy car, and its a shame you're parting with it, what are your plans for the future? Boring family car?

i LOVE S2000's, but its a little too "jdm" "usdm" "carbonfiberdm" for my taste.

Honestly, weight reduction on your cold air box? :lol:

Otherwise its a dead sexy car, and its a shame you're parting with it, what are your plans for the future? Boring family car?

lmao true. I didn't get the air box b/c it had a carbon fiber plate, actually. It was the only one at the time that you didn't have to really worry about hydrolock with.

I'm not sure what I want yet in the way of new car, but hopefully it's not TOO boring.

A Subaru Legacy with the boxer six would be nice.

Nice car. Were you in a little fender bender with it? Hood gaps look a little off. Looks clean otherwise though.

Nice car. Were you in a little fender bender with it? Hood gaps look a little off. Looks clean otherwise though.

The hood was always just a little bit off. I've tried to adjust it and it looks better now than when that picture was taken (that was the first summer I had it).

My '06 has some fitment issues as well. Very frustrating. Especially the right side of the rear bumper. And at a meet I was looking at six of them and they were all the same, from several different years.

Pretty car, man, sucks you're parting with it. I hope to drive mine until I can afford an all electric roadster. Likely a Tesla type car 8 to 10 years from now.

A note to perspective buyers, by purchasing The Chad's car you could end up joining a group as cool as the Oregon S2000 club :)

http://picasaweb.google.com/psmyers/AstoriaS2000Drive

Pretty car, man, sucks you're parting with it. I hope to drive mine until I can afford an all electric roadster. Likely a Tesla type car 8 to 10 years from now.

Well, to be honest, I don't really want to part with it. I'm sure you can completely understand what it's like to drive around, seeing a fellow driver, and immediately having a connection with that person. I'll miss that. But, alas, the car is a lease, so I plan on either selling it as-is to someone and cut them a huge deal on the mods (ie, getting them free), and only charging basically what it still owed (to avoid parting it out), or just part it out and give it back in November.

Having recently graduated and a new job and move in my future, I won't have the luxury of having a different car to drive in the winter months that I have now.

Not sure what I want. Part of me wants to get something pretty fun in about the same price range. Another part of me wants to buy something cheap and a laugh, and save up some cash for a couple of years to get something I really really want.

Well, to be honest, I don't really want to part with it. I'm sure you can completely understand what it's like to drive around, seeing a fellow driver, and immediately having a connection with that person. I'll miss that.

Same thing with WRX / STI owners. It is a great feeling to be part of that exclusive group of people "who know".