11x01 - What happened to the koenigsegg lap time?

^The CCR also had the option of putting a "wing" on it, if you wanted (could afford) one..

They had made the wing already but because they didn't think it would be needed they sent a wingless chassi.
If you can read swedish then here is an article about it.
It also goes on to explain that the wing doesn't do much for the handling for the speeds they get on the TG Test Track, first at speeds of 300 km/h does it kick in. Instead stating fine tuning away the oversteer oversteer was the reason the car cut the time down 3.5 seconds to the wingless version.
But yeah the wing goes under the name Top Gear Special Edition when they sell it so I guess it's not wrong of TG to call it the Top Gear wing either.

there was a talk about this in the episode thread, someone listed the options you could buy when buying a CCx, and the wing was in that list. How ever its nice to know that it wasn't all the wing.

The missing lap time was back up and on the board by ep 2 in case anyone noticed.

hmmm, I didn't realize you could buy it with the spoiler, since TG suggested it. I thought it was just a custom job. Pretty cool of Koenigsegg I'd say.

as cool as it would be for TG to take full credit for this, the ppl at Koenigsegg when asked about it said they actually designed and planned the wing before it appeared on the TG segment, plus they said the real reason it got a better laptime the 2nd go was when it went back to the factory for repairs, they retweaked all the suspension settings, which played a much bigger part in the faster track time.

Does the Koenigsegg come with the wing either as standard kit or an option? If not maybe they took it down as it isn't an official production model and therefore doesn't qualify for the same reasons as cars that can't get over speed bumps? Just a theory...

Does the Koenigsegg come with the wing either as standard kit or an option? If not maybe they took it down as it isn't an official production model and therefore doesn't qualify for the same reasons as cars that can't get over speed bumps? Just a theory...

It is an official production model for sale and the time is back up on the board so no need to speculate. I think the magnetic sticker was just misplaced and found again... Something that size is easy to knock off and misplace.

Anorak moment

Anorak moment

The missing lap time was back up and on the board by ep 2 in case anyone noticed.

It was replaced with a new magnetic strip. Because i compared it with a good close up on 10x05 at 24:46 to the recent close up on 11x02 13:19, you can see that the writing is different. So they clearly lost the original lap time and just made a new one.