Clarkson on the CLK Black series

Might bother Ferrari in terms of figures, but if I buy a supercar I want/need it to look the part. I don't wanna pay so damn much for a car that, aside from a few badges, looks like the car I see all the soccer moms in my neighbourhood driving.

Might bother Ferrari in terms of figures, but if I buy a supercar I want/need it to look the part. I don't wanna pay so damn much for a car that, aside from a few badges, looks like the car I see all the soccer moms in my neighbourhood driving.

+1

Probably the "cool" factor of the CLK is greater in the UK.

I wonder how long it will be before Jezza actually orders one...

I'm sorry, but even a half blind person that knows nothing about cars will easily see that his is not a standard Mercedes:

HBOAAk5aaCY_Pxgen_r_467xA.jpg

Soccer moms drive those in your neighborhood? Wow you must have some rich moms.

I'm sorry, but even a half blind person that knows nothing about cars will easily see that his is not a standard Mercedes:

HBOAAk5aaCY_Pxgen_r_467xA.jpg

I agree. It looks a lot beefier, a lot more muscular than a regular CLK. The rear spoiler is also unpainted carbon fiber, and the wheels and reduced ground clearance all scream "Look at me, I am leading Ferraris on a regular basis!!"

(Because the CLK 63 Black Series was the Formula 1 Safety Car in 2006-2007)

Would it have killed them to put some height matching side skirts on that thing? Jeeeez :?

Would it have killed them to put some height matching side skirts on that thing? Jeeeez :?

Matching with what? If you take note, the rear bumper isn't lower than stock. ;)

eh? I'd take a car that looks just about the same as a DTM minus the big ass wing over a Ferrari ANY DAY!

are you talking about the fender flares?

I've seen one at a dealer. They look amazing in person, and the seats hug you like they don't want you to get out.

He's talking about the ricer front spoiler that doesn't even match with the side skirts or rear bumper at all. Pretty lame of Mercedes to overlook this... unless they're actually going for the ricer look :confused:.

I just don't like it. I know its excellent (its gotten nothing but rave reviews) but I think its the CLK-ness of it all that turns me off it. The CLK will be replaced in the near future and this will become an 'old' model in no time. And yes, the CLK has stinks of soccer mum, allbeit, the nice milf mums.

I'm more looking forward to the SL Black Series. If you think the CLK Black looks beefy - wait until the next week or so when you see the SL Black....

Quite the opposite, if i pay that much for a car, i dont want it to be so obvious and flash that it attracts the attn of the wrong ppl (police, vandals, punk kids, thieves, etc).

It says something when someone spends a lot of $$ and feel they must let everyone know that have spent that much. It smells of nouveau riche.

Quite the opposite, if i pay that much for a car, i dont want it to be so obvious and flash that it attracts the attn of the wrong ppl (police, vandals, punk kids, thieves, etc).

I don't think you're going to be flying under any radars in a CLK Black Series.
It may not be bright yellow and 20 feet long, but it's still head turner.

I think it's a cool car, but I'm not sure I would choose it over a F430 or 911TT.

Dunno, same laptimes as an M3 for twice the price?
It looks good and all, but it should be even quicker...

i quite like the semi low-key-ness...

but then its not a corolla..its an exclusive and VERY expensive merc

i dont know about the price either.

Stop bagging my dream car dammit :p