Random Thoughts....

Almost completely irrelevant, but the concept of tachyon is at once one of the greatest and craziest conceptual inventions of all time, ranking up there with the imaginary number and the necessary and proper clause, aka "everything we didn't have time to mention", in the US Constitution. Some scientist basically said "yes, we know it's not allowed to happen, but ignoring that what if?" It takes mighty intellectual balls to just say "screw impossible" and plow ahead anyway. Or insanity, but you know what they say about genius and insanity.

Any good TV on American telly?? I'm to drunk to look

are we talking about the news itself, or just the way its presented, because i rather like news about jets.

EDIT: Oh are you talking about how the guy thinks that the animation is real?!? LMAO, okay nm

I could only stand to watch about 30 seconds of the video. Fucking thing sucks!

The JET sucks?!?W WTF!

Last edited:
:lol: Nah the jet is uber cool. It's the video that sucks. Those engines have been in development for many decades but they've been held back largely because of the materials that engineers had to work with. Now that they're developing stronger alloys that type of propulsion is looking more and more feasible but it's still quite a ways off. Faux News made it seem like something totally new and that airliners are going to have it very soon.

Last edited:
I saw it on slashdot, and my first thought was "Cool, an article about the Aurora". Then I saw it was a fox news video, and thought that despite this it might contain some useful info.

Then the guy was impressed with the animation, and asked how humans would hold up at high speeds like Mach 5+. Apparently hasn't considered the most impressive speed at which he, along with the Earth, is hurtling around the sun.

Almost completely irrelevant, but the concept of tachyon is at once one of the greatest and craziest conceptual inventions of all time, ranking up there with the imaginary number and the necessary and proper clause, aka "everything we didn't have time to mention", in the US Constitution. Some scientist basically said "yes, we know it's not allowed to happen, but ignoring that what if?" It takes mighty intellectual balls to just say "screw impossible" and plow ahead anyway. Or insanity, but you know what they say about genius and insanity.

Yeah, faster than speed of light and more energy the slower it goes? wtf

Anyhow, that random thought of mine pertained to the F103 Excalibur from Wing Commander 3. Good times.

Gentlemen, I might have a catastrophe on my hands.

The hallway of my apartment smells like dead animals.

My roommate has a cat.

I haven't seem my roommate in days.

:unsure:

I need Polish assistance!

I need Polish assistance!

No not police, but indeed Polish assistance :)

There are a few Polish families that lives in my apartment building. They are only here in the country to work, and therefore has no clue as how to speak Danish or even English.

I need one of you Polish guys to help me translate something from English to Polish so i can communicate with them :p

PM if you want to help. (It's only a few lines)

I was just reading an interesting article about a transgender FTM singer. Apparently, right before she went through with hormone therapy, she recorded herself singing the female parts of four songs. After the therapy, he recorded himself singing the male parts, and then cut them together to create a duet with himself. :blink:

http://img208.imageshack.**/img208/1535/californiaamo2008177lrgau8.th.jpg
Click for high resolution
In the last week of June 2008, California was the focal point of national fire activity. Over the first weekend of summer, record-breaking lightning activity in the state triggered hundreds of wildfires. Vegetation was dry due to months of drought, and some of the fires spread rapidly. As of June 26, the National Interagency Fire Center reported that 34 uncontained large forest fires were burning in the state, affecting nearly 190,000 acres. (That total does not count fires that are being allowed to burn with minimal management to benefit the ecosystem.)

This natural-color image from the Moderate Resolution Imaging Spectroradiometer (MODIS) on NASA?s Aqua satellite shows the state on June 25, 2008. Places where MODIS detected actively burning fires are outlined in red. (It is likely that additional fires were burning but could not be detected because of the thick smoke.) Fire activity is concentrated in Northern California, and the Sacramento Valley (where I live) is filled with gray smoke. However, the largest fire in the scene is the Indians Fire, which was burning south of Salinas. That blaze was nearly 60,000 acres as of June 26, and about 70 percent contained. Just to the northeast is the Basin Complex Fire, which was about 20,000 acres. In the previous 24 hours, it grew more than 7,000 acres, and it was only 3 percent contained.

Forecasters warned that hot weather and additional lightning storms were in the forecast for many areas during the upcoming weekend.

http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Newsroom/NewImages/images.php3?img_id=18071

Anyone in California tired of this shit yet? <_<

A woman ran a stop today when I was pulling into the parking lot to grab some food. She parked and walked past me as I was taking off my lid.

Blind_Io: "Hey, you ran that stop and nearly hit me."
Blind Bitch: *Mumbles*
Blind_Io: "Excuse me?"
Blind Bitch: "I said: I'm sorry, I'm not from around here, I didn't know there was a stop there."
Blind_Io: That's why there's a sign and the word "STOP" in twelve-foot tall letters on the ground.
Blind Bitch: I'm sorry, I'm from South Carolina
Blind_Io: Are the stop signs a color other than red in South Carolina?

Last edited:
Blind_Io and Blind Bitch - match made in heaven? :mrgreen:

How long can you chill beer (in a bottle) in a freezer before it ends up a big mess?

How long can you chill beer (in a bottle) in a freezer before it ends up a big mess?

I've left beer in the freezer 20-30 minutes without any explosions. But it depends on the temperature of the beer before you put it in.

It wasn't warm, but it wasn't in any way cool. I just checked after 15 minutes its chilling nicely, I'll probably take it out in 10-15 minutes and move the rest to the fridge.

I'm back from my holiday in probably one of the most 'dangerous' places in the world. Apparently the weather has been shit the past 4 weeks, but it looks like summer has started. :cool:

https://pic.armedcats.net/s/sh/shawn/2008/06/29/pic.aspx.jpg

So I haven't updated you on Morgan since Wednesday, but I guess I have been pretty busy. Friday was a pretty awesome day.

Thursday was a fairly unimportant and boring day. I spent the morning polishing an MG A, just to clean it up for the customer, but that was reasonably boring. Then I spent a bit of time helping one of the guys out with the MOTs, then spend a short time working on a 4/4. It wasn't very interesting, however Friday was.

Due to many reasons, there weren't many people in the garage on Friday (some had gone on holiday etc), which made it better. I like things when they are quieter and less busy. The day was slightly different in the sense that not much was going on, but I got to it cleaning and polishing cars, which I found surprisingly fun and interesting (probably because I like doing things on my own - knowing what I have to do etc). But then the fun came. A Morgan Aero 8 came in for a simple replacement of a fuel filler cap (it wasn't opening). I'd like to thank the designers now for making it so well hidden and inaccessible :lol:.

But after that, because it was my last day, and because the owner wasn't coming back for another 2 hours, we decided to take it for a very short test drive. The car in question had an after market quad exhaust, so really did sound like the apocalypse... :eek: My god that thing is fast! And the sense of speed is immense! I thought the Roadster V6 was fast, but this BMW V8 sounded and went so amazingly. We hit 110mph, but don't tell anyone. :lol:

Also on Friday, I took my camera along. Took a load of pictures, but have only sorted out and uploaded 4 (I went out Friday evening and have only just got back), see my Flickr for them all - I will get round to uploading them all soon.

The Aero 8
2616496652_bb3e06c9f8.jpg

A Roadster which I cleaned
2615690985_25045a78f3.jpg

I really loved the week, and loved working there. So here is my plug, if you ever want a Morgan, go to Brands Hatch Morgans in Borough Green, Kent. :D