Mercedes to go Green. ALL Green. No Petroleum by 2015.

I love how everyone says 'we need these cars' when most of those same said ppl will never own or drive one :p

They're here to make the whole car industry and automotive brand look good. They're something like a purchasable concept car, of which nobody wants because it only looks good on their desktop wallpapers. I.e. the Merc SL65 AMG.

And I cant help but think that Mercedes' target demographic isnt one that's really affected all that much by fuel prices...

They're here to make the whole car industry and automotive brand look good. They're something like a purchasable concept car, of which nobody wants because it only looks good on their desktop wallpapers. I.e. the Merc SL65 AMG.

I understand the marketing purpose of Halo cars, but their presence is simply academic and just to make car nerds happy, financially, not really necessary, just look at Toyota. Fast cars will be developed with any new technology that comes along, so if major car companies abandon petrol altogether, so we'll have a period of time without fast cars until the engineers learn how to use the new technology to make fast cars again. An absence during that period of time isn't going to kill us. Ppl should just focus on other important interests during that absence.