Can we beat the "most users ever online" record?

The server is hovering at about a 40 load. :lol:

I can imagine a shitload of ppl signing up or visiting since Andy Wilman's article :)

Lots of Brits and Europeans posting about tonight's episode, probably. This is one I have to think about carefully myself.

Fucking awesome :D :D Feels like only yesterday we were stuck on the old record of 176...

We're cracking it big time!! :D

I thought we'd never beat the 280 record set by the ton of Yahoo bots. :lol:

Those were me robotic cones !!! :DD

Now seriously, can they fetch the auth code that easily and register themselves ?

No, the bots were crawlers, i.e. they were reading the site for search engine purposes.

But to answer your question, no, the vB CAPTCHAs are good enough to beat automated spam bots.

Exactly, i thought we were talking about logged in users peak. Clear now.

15,000 registered users!

After the wonderful two-day spree of heavy users, we setup load balancing between the servers.. so now both handle web-requests(webserver was at 100% cpu, database was at 20%).

Think we can hit 1000 users this upcoming sunday?

Most total users ever online at once was 817, Today at 1:25:58 PM.

This image (users online on the whole site) was showing over 2000 for a while today:
000000ffffff.png

And yet the load stayed nice and low:

https://pic.armedcats.net/v/vi/viper007bond/2008/06/22/titan.finalgear.com-vbulletin_users-day.png

https://pic.armedcats.net/v/vi/viper007bond/2008/06/22/titan.finalgear.com-load-day.png

Last edited:
Topgear wins over once more! 500million viewers worldwide. Your the reason for that Viper. :D

Most total users ever online at once was 925, Today at 2:23:06 PM.

EDIT:

Most total users ever online at once was 969, Today at 2:25:33 PM.

Last edited:
New high score! Yessss! :banana:

Kudos to our fearless leaders because the site has been performing flawlessly all day.

Kudos to our fearless leaders because the site has been performing flawlessly all day.

Thank Quiky, his beefy box, and his good caching techniques. ^_^