Japantastic (56K warning)

i remember seeing a ton of those little vans with loudspeakers allover tokyo, but they all seemed so harmless

guess thats totally wrong lol

I thought this Supra was pretty nice.
supra.jpg

Wow it's not very often you see a CLEAN 3000GT, nice!

Isn't 3000GT a Mitsubishi? Or was there a 3000GT version of the Supra as well?

Someone will probably correct me, but the Mitsubishi was known as the GTO in Japan. It was renamed the 3000GT when it was sold in other countries; I don't think the GTO name would have gone down well since there was a Ferrari and Pontiac with the same name.
That particular Supra is the MKIV which had a 3.0L I6 and was known as the 3.0 GT or the 3000 GT in reference to its displacement.

Isn't 3000GT a Mitsubishi? Or was there a 3000GT version of the Supra as well?

It was TRD's "fancy" supra. Nice widebody kit that they even used in JGTC. Over here in the states most people who buy the 3000gt kit paint it bright yellow or orange with chrome HRE's and possible stickers to add to the gaudyness.

bartboy9891 said:
Someone will probably correct me, but the Mitsubishi was known as the GTO in Japan. It was renamed the 3000GT when it was sold in other countries; I don't think the GTO name would have gone down well since there was a Ferrari and Pontiac with the same name.
That particular Supra is the MKIV which had a 3.0L I6 and was known as the 3.0 GT or the 3000 GT in reference to its displacement.

It was TRD's "fancy" supra. Nice widebody kit that they even used in JGTC. Over here in the states most people who buy the 3000gt kit paint it bright yellow or orange with chrome HRE's and possible stickers to add to the gaudyness.

Ahhh OK thanks.
Yes the Mitsubishi was known as the GTO in Japan.

This guy lives on an island in the middle of the road, under a pedestrian overpass.

homelessunderbridge.jpg

This homeless guy is trying to catch lunch...

fishingguy1.jpg

...and just about 100m away, lunch is waiting...

deadfish.jpg

Some more guys fishing in unfortunate spots

fishingguyplane.jpg

Land Cruisers are available in Japan? I didn't know that. That thing is quite big even in North American standards, so I guess the Land Cruiser would be huge on Japanese roads!

Awesome pics as usual, keep 'em coming!! Arigatou gozaimasu!!

That's an FJ Cruiser not Land Cruiser :)
(nitpick ftw)

Hans,
Dude that pic of the hwy is awesome with the motion blur.

Land Cruisers are available in Japan? I didn't know that. That thing is quite big even in North American standards, so I guess the Land Cruiser would be huge on Japanese roads!

Awesome pics as usual, keep 'em coming!! Arigatou gozaimasu!!

Actually its the first one I've seen, and on closer inspection it looks like its LHD so it was probably a personal import.

_MG_1321.jpg

I love your thread, your photos are awesome. This one would make a fantastic wallpaper. Do you have a larger version of it?

Thanks, and yes, but it isn't a very good picture.

Edit: photobucket resizes, I'll upload it somewhere else.
Next time I post I'll add it.

hansvonaxion deserves a million rep points!

Quick search in the toyota.jp site reveals that the 200 series Land Cruiser, the Prado and the Lexus RX (rebadged as the Toyota Harrier) are available as well. :rolleyes: