WoofleDay
Car(s)
Genesis Sedan 3.8
1990 735iL (E32)

http://img232.imageshack.**/img232/7366/att7329884ru0.jpg
http://img139.imageshack.**/img139/6259/att7329914he5.jpg
http://img521.imageshack.**/img521/425/att7329920hd2.jpg
http://img209.imageshack.**/img209/7246/att7329926lc9.jpg

$2700, around 3100 with all the repairs and what not,, around 4-5k once i do everything i want to to it.

There are a few dings scratches and bumps.

It has 186,000miles on it(at least when i bought it)

Yes the exhaust is low one of the mounts is broken its in bad shape i hope to replace the whole thing.

I just redid most of the front suspension i'm taking it in tomorrow for a professional aligning.

The honda CRX I wanted to buy was already sold.

Now i can say my first car was a BMW 7 Series.

5 grand may be too much for the car according to book value, but its alot of car for the price. Sunroof power front and rear seats,cruise control,on board computer, [ancient]phone system, climate control, 3.4l inline 6,heated seats, the little side mirror tilts down when you reverse to help you see the curb, it has XM radio from the last owner, the rims and tires are new and came with it, spacious, decently quick for the price, handles extremely well esp. for its size, does have some cred with my other college friends whos cars(i.e. chevy cavaliers) may be more modern, but have far less equiptment, rear A/C controls, power everything, Sport mode, airbag, and its wired for subs in the rear. The engine shows about as much wear as youd expect in a 20 year old car it hasn't been taken care of quite as much as it should've been but its solid.

The OBC says i average 14.3 mpg normally and on long trips 22.6....not great but its a sacrifice i'm willing to make. I love it and was going to sell it right after college but im not so sure now, its ALOT better than moms '95 Legacy Outback that i used to drive.

Nice car, I'm looking to get an E30 myself within the next while.

Also the car works with my aviators. no better car for the price to look a huge douche in imo.

Not a bad ride, the exterior looks really nice. I'm sure you could do a bit of tuning to it and make it pretty quick :)

AC Schnitzer wheels? nice

nice buy, and yea, it's worth the money

I love those early 90s BMWs, back when BMW wasn't affraid to make a interesting interior. Hope it treats you well.

Oh, and just incase you don't know i believe you can get a huge discount on parts if you sign-up with the right BMW owners clubs, although i don't know the link off the top of my head.

:thumbsup:
I really dig the wheels, they are very sexy, but please, for the love of all that's gearheaded, lose the thing around your steering wheel.

Ich w?nsche Ihnen viel Freude am Fahren!
I wish you lots of fun driving it

That's a nice car, but wouldn't a E36 have been better?

best looking big bmw ever... :thumbsup:

That's a nice car, but wouldn't a E36 have been better?

Why would a 3-series be better than a 7-series of an equal generation?
Of course you might have gotten a better looking 3-series for the money than a 7-series, but depreciation is massive on luxury barge as they often times lose their luxury status when the next model generation comes around.
I mean you can get a 750i E32 for about 3-4000?, admittadly in a shoddy state but still somewhat running.

very nice car, and very cheap too!
only thing I see wrong with it is that its an auto, but then again an oldish luxury barge isnt a performance machine made for racing...

I like it. any reason you went E32 rather than E34? More gadgets and space I presume?

it was what was on craigslist. :p this, a celica, volvo 240, or somethiing else stupid i for-oh infinity i20 or something,

Very nice looking car, congratz!

Old beamers are the best looking ones. ;)

Gangster! Tint the windows and you will look just like the neighborhood drug dealer. ;):p:cool:

Old beamers are the best looking ones. ;)

:waits for BMW fanatics to come in and furiously correct this:

Gangster! Tint the windows and you will look just like the neighborhood drug dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopGearDog View Post

Old beamers are the best looking ones.
:waits for BMW fanatics to come in and furiously correct this:

In the UK, BMWs are called beemers or beamers, ...

What do you call them ?