My 2008 Volkswagen GTI MkV

Das_Idiot

Car(s)
2008 Volkswagen GTI MkV
web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

DSG w/ nice interior lighting (and Sirius Satellite Radio)
web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

(too many?)

Although it's two-doors, it has more room than a lot of four-door cars I've been in. loads of back space (esp. for a coupe). Very fun driver this is, and it's very practical as well. true hot-hatch. fast, practical, affordable. Very nice quality too, esp. compared to the american competition.

They even send you a Fast in the mail!

web.jpg

I thought so too, I almost always hate white cars for some reason. Maybe it's because my family has always had white cars (starting with an old Chevrolet Caprice Classic, several Toyota Camrys and a Lexus ES330) and only the lexus looks 'right' in white. Yet comparing this car in red, white, black (and blue R32) I mean it's just not even close. the white is by far the best looking colour. the gunmetal grey looks nice, but just not quite as much IMO.

I actually think black, red, and white are all acceptable colors for a GTI

They still give you a Fast? Wasn't that ad campaign from 2-3 years ago?

Damn. Nice car!! I would love to have something so dynamically balanced.

They still give you a Fast? Wasn't that ad campaign from 2-3 years ago?

yeah which is why I was surprised. I guess it's because nobody bought it over here and they had a bunch left over? Seriously, I've only seen two other GTIs in the whole city here. Ever.

I think you do. I don't care as long as it has a blower knob and a temperature knob which it has both lol

but yeah I think it was available with pushy buttons and stuff as part of the leathery 'autobahn' package... I didn't want leather, so that was out. I did get a few of the other things that were included in that package though like the 'premium' sound system and stuff like that though.

Dang thats one of the car that I want the most right now....and its the perfect color....
It will be absolutely perfect if its a manuel :).

Great car!

I sat in a GTI Mk V a couple months ago at the Subaru dealer, even though it was red I liked the looks (had the Vision V wheels & Autobahn package). I tried to get them to let me take it for a ride, but I guess they traded with another dealer on request for it.

Keep at clean and drive it well :thumbsup:

great car !!!!!!!!!!! Love the retro seatpatterns. Would've gone for a black/red manual, but great to someone going their own way. I'm obviouly just jealous... good luck with it, and please care for it :yes: :happy:

Great car!

I sat in a GTI Mk V a couple months ago at the Subaru dealer, even though it was red I liked the looks (had the Vision V wheels & Autobahn package). I tried to get them to let me take it for a ride, but I guess they traded with another dealer on request for it.

Keep at clean and drive it well :thumbsup:

odd you'd mention that, as when I was shopping the suby place here had a Fahrenheit edition GTI MkV. Really strange find, but did snap a shot :p

2176288642_80aeaa68cb.jpg

(shitty cellphone cam, really sorry)

I don't like the blacked out logos and they replaced the exhaust (stock was sitting in a box in the back seat, srsly) and it had leather... I might have gotten it if they hadn't mangled the thing because that was a very... electric, car. I do think I'm far happier with my white new GTI than I would have been had I got that. and it was only abut 3k more for a brand spanking new car tan the used one in the pic. Even if it was quite electric :p

besides, I wouldn't have gotten the Fast :D