Who do you think is going to be the STIG?

While I understand that they do in fact plan on having a Stig, I don't really think he would carry over to American audiences too well. Can't really explain it, but I'm just not sure about it.

I'm sure he'd go over fine. Everyone that I know who watches Top Gear likes him. Tons of shows do secrets like that, like the Simpsons and where Springfield is.

08_danica+patrick_behind_101203142602.jpg

Danica Patrick

i vote Tanner Foust, in the BMI, he whooped Kazama in a drifting competition, in a stock Mustang GT500, that man can drive!

:)

I vote Travis Pastrana. He seems to be the master right now...

I UN-vote your vote! Travis is NOT a master... and if he were to be the Stig's American cousin... he would be The "ADD" Stig :

There are hundreds of other professional racing drivers who are American that blow Pastrana rite out of the water!!

How do you know that "The Stig" has never driven in NASCAR?

Well we can start with common sense, plus the fact that Stig is surely European and then there is common sense again.

Well we can start with common sense, plus the fact that Stig is surely European and then there is common sense again.

Common sense is that The Stig is a fictional character. Being a fictional character he could be played by anyone. Anyone might include someone who has driven in NASCAR, especially as even continent specific series are increasingly drawing in talent from far afield these days.

http://www.collinsautosport.com/bencollins_nascar.php

Common sense is that The Stig is a fictional character. Being a fictional character he could be played by anyone. Anyone might include someone who has driven in NASCAR, especially as even continent specific series are increasingly drawing in talent from far afield these days.

http://www.collinsautosport.com/bencollins_nascar.php

You've made a greatpoint! And I'm a firm beliver that The Stig is Ben Collins.. BUT
as the previous guy said.. its the fact you guys are in Europe... and Collins, well last I checked he's European and not racing in NASCAR.. i mean he has done Formula 3 and various other European racing series.. that are not oval orinted.

But AMERICAN NASCAR drivers.. diffrent story! I don't think AMERICAN NASCAR drivers have the same talent or skill as various other drivers in Europe or the drivers here in the US who race in The American Le Mans Series, Champ Car, Speed World Challange, KONI Challenge, etc.

The point of the matter is.. I don't think The Stig should only able to trun left or go in a straight line. ;)

2008 Sprint Cup regulars who have raced competitively* in other major series before NASCAR: Robby Gordon, Aric Almirola, Patrick Carpentier, Tony Stewart, Dario Franchitti,** Juan Pablo Montoya, Sam Hornish Jr., A.J. Allmendinger

*Regularly riding around in the last third of the field (as most of these drivers do in NASCAR [if they even make the race in some cases]) is not being competitive.
**Chip Ganassi shut down the #40 team, for which Franchitti drove, due to lack of funds.

The talent is the same; it's just applied differently.

Robby Gordon, Aric Almirola, Patrick Carpentier, Tony Stewart, Dario Franchitti,** Juan Pablo Montoya, Sam Hornish Jr., A.J. Allmendinger

The talent is the same; it's just applied differently.

These guys aren't known for being NASCAR drivers.. (other than Tony Stewart)

Robby Gordon:
Started off in off-road racing b/c his dad did Baja.. and still does BAJA.. he's more known for being a road-racer than an oval driver.

Aric Almirola:
He is a rookie /part time driver for the Earnhardt team(not known for being a nascar driver b/c he's new) Plus he started in Karting.

Patrick Carpentier:
A) He's Candain (not that I have anything against Candians, but I said previously "AMERICAN NASCAR DRIVERS")
B) He is known for being in Champ Car and INDY

Dario Franchitti:
Raced a few races in NASCAR.. but NOT a NASCAR driver. And he' scottish, and knows how to drive!

Juan Pablo Montoya:
Do I really have to say anything... He is a F1 Driver! ( who happens to want to race with NASCAR to make out with American drivers)

Sam Hornish Jr.:
Is known for Karting for 11 years before he got into INDY (also relatively new to NASCAR and not known for being a NASCAR driver)

A.J. Allmendinger:
Champ Car driver.. and before that Kart Champion... who unfortunately has not had much success in NASCAR..

Now.. for the known American NASCAR driver
Tony Stewart:
All he does is circle track.

I am an American.. and I can't stand NASCAR..

I would agree

I would agree

These guys aren't known for being NASCAR drivers.. (other than Tony Stewart)

Robby Gordon:
Started off in off-road racing b/c his dad did Baja.. and still does BAJA.. he's more known for being a road-racer than an oval driver.

Aric Almirola:
He is a rookie /part time driver for the Earnhardt team(not known for being a nascar driver b/c he's new) Plus he started in Karting.

Patrick Carpentier:
A) He's Candain (not that I have anything against Candians, but I said previously "AMERICAN NASCAR DRIVERS")
B) He is known for being in Champ Car and INDY

Dario Franchitti:
Raced a few races in NASCAR.. but NOT a NASCAR driver. And he' scottish, and knows how to drive!

Juan Pablo Montoya:
Do I really have to say anything... He is a F1 Driver! ( who happens to want to race with NASCAR to make out with American drivers)

Sam Hornish Jr.:
Is known for Karting for 11 years before he got into INDY (also relatively new to NASCAR and not known for being a NASCAR driver)

A.J. Allmendinger:
Champ Car driver.. and before that Kart Champion... who unfortunately has not had much success in NASCAR..

Now.. for the known American NASCAR driver
Tony Stewart:
All he does is circle track.

I am an American.. and I can't stand NASCAR..

All of these are good people who could in fact play the STIG in the US. Sadly they are all pretty busy. Dario is not anymore and A.J. may not be soon. He is a damn good driver, just not doing well in NASCAR. I have my opinions about that. He does not fit the NASCAR mold so......

There are tons of great IMSA and SCCA Le Mans and other dirvers to take that spot. It's a guess an nothing more.

-David

All of these are good people who could in fact play the STIG in the US. Sadly they are all pretty busy. Dario is not anymore and A.J. may not be soon. He is a damn good driver, just not doing well in NASCAR. I have my opinions about that. He does not fit the NASCAR mold so......

There are tons of great IMSA and SCCA Le Mans and other dirvers to take that spot. It's a guess an nothing more.

-David

Well said

The America Stig will not be a NA$CAR, ALMS, IRL, etc driver.

My guess is that it will be some friend of adam carolla's that works at Skip Barber or something like that.