So my dad put a dent in my car.

p0w3r

Car(s)
2010 Acura TSX
So today when i went to my car I see a dent on the passenger side door. Its about the size of the quarter and well its pretty damn gay for this to happen to my new car which has less than 2k miles.

The dent was caused by the door of the shed next to my parking space hitting the side of my car...well apparently my dad likes to air out the shed and left the door open (who does that!?) and obvoisly he did not keep the door secured enough and therefore it hit my car.

(click to enlarge)
http://img390.imageshack.**/img390/251/dsc00490vr3.th.jpg
http://img390.imageshack.**/img390/245/dsc00488qb0.th.jpg

My question is now how can i get this hideous dent fixed. I looked online and saw some people using the blow dryer and a CO2 can to fix dents or by using dry ice...but the thought of having ice on my paint made me cringe a bit as wouldn't that damage the paint? I thought about picking up the ding king...but i don't know how well that would work...has anyone tried it before?

Argh this is so annoying.:cry:

Go to a shop. Don't fuck around by yourself with a x-ty thousand dollar car.

Over here, we've got "dent doctors" who will buff that out for 50 quid.

start_beulendoktor.jpg

1.jpg

immpressum_Beulendoktor.jpg

Yes, please take it to a shop and have it fixed properly. Don't be like zeoniks and try to fix it on your own.

Honestly, you live in New York. Let it be, you know another one is coming anyway.

While its dumb to try some DIY jobs yourself, there is some pretty simple (and should not cause anymore damage but user be warned) how to on remove dents. Here is an example article about it: http://lifehacker.com/software/car/removing-car-dents-on-a-budget-254289.php

As for myself, i have a few dents on my GTI and it seems every time i turn around some new ones show up =| The cost of living in a city with a full of jack asses who dont know how to open a door in a parking lot.

Last edited:
While its dumb to try some DIY jobs yourself, there is some pretty simple (and should not cause anymore damage but user be warned) how to on remove dents. Here is an example article about it: http://lifehacker.com/software/car/removing-car-dents-on-a-budget-254289.php

As for myself, i have a few dents on my GTI and it seems every time i turn around some new ones show up =| The cost of living in a city with a full of jack asses who dont know how to open a door in a parking lot.

Thats actually the same site i saw...but i got worried about putting something as cold as dry ice on my car.

Im going to call up a few autobody shops tomorrow and see what they say. Argh its so frustrating...its like you cant have nice things living in the city. My friend had her Lexus keyed buy some douche a few months ago. I didnt expect that i had to worry about my own car in my own house...:?

Ground him for two weeks and take his allowence to go fix your car.

heh not the first time I heard that...he shoved my last car into the curb...of our own driveway once. The result of that one? a good 4-5in long and very deep scratch on my front fender.

Is it close to a seam on the door? Dead center on the panel?

Its in the dead center of the door.

Oh crap :( I'm really with you on this one. Thats so annoying when something as new as that gets dented or scratched or even when somebody closes the door with a little too much power :(

Best of luck to you - and yes: Try to find a dentdoctor with a tool like the one shown on the picture. Thats a quick job then. And well, i think your dad owes you big time :D

Chris

You know, I think you need to deal with your dad.

To paraphrase my old friend Hannover Fiste...

"...hanging's not good enough for him. Burning's not good enough for him. Tear him into itty bitty pieces and bury him alive!"

:)

Steve

Could always be worse.

Your father dented your door, that's easily fixed by professionals.

My father totalled my XKR. :p

Thats actually the same site i saw...but i got worried about putting something as cold as dry ice on my car.

Im going to call up a few autobody shops tomorrow and see what they say. Argh its so frustrating...its like you cant have nice things living in the city. My friend had her Lexus keyed buy some douche a few months ago. I didnt expect that i had to worry about my own car in my own house...:?

Yeah it sucks. Living in New York City and having a car is probably not the best thing in the world. At least you have the convenience of having a parking space after 6PM :) I have to move the car every morning and worry about the kids down the block playing stick ball and using my car as third base.

After I scratched the car, I talked to L & M Foreign cars (http://www.landmforeigncars.com/) and they recommended me to another place to get the scratched looked at. The body shop guy said told me what I'm about to tell you: "I can get that fix that for you, but chances are you're going to get about a hundred more. You'll just be wasting your time getting such a small thing fixed." So, rather than lose my car for a day and spending about $200 to have 2 scratches fixed, I just bought some touch up paint and covered it up.

Ever since then, my car has been keyed (again), someone clipped my driver side mirror (I folded it up thank god), the front bumper has receive a few scratches from people backing up a little too much while parallel parking, and the list continues on.

Personally, I don't think it's that bad, could get a lot worse, and probably represents the first of many dings and scratches your beloved Audi will receive. If you choose to get it fixed, talked to the guys at L & M cars. They're honest people and will definitely help you out.

*sigh* The joys of living in New York City.

Could always be worse.

Your father dented your door, that's easily fixed by professionals.

My father totalled my XKR. :p

lol, my car caught fire (flames, smoke, the works) when my dad was driving it a couple of weeks ago. I think there's a Finalgear top tip here. If you have a father, don't let him anywhere near your car.

Yes...fathers should stay away from their kids stuff:lol:

And yeah i really feel bad for you Spectre...i remember seeing that thread and I bet it must have been a funny conversation you had with your dad afterwards:p

Im going to check out all the places you guys posted, and I'm also gonna go call up my dealer since another forum told me that they got their dent fixed from the dealer for 90 bucks...and if i can get this fixed for under 100 bucks I will be extremely happy....well maybe not extremely but satisfied.

I cant live with the dent so i need to fix it...I take extreme care of my car...and I live in Long Island for most of the year (when im in college) so during then my car is safe. Its only at home during the summer and stuff that I have to worry.

And nope, my parents nor my dad are going to pay for it...I'm afraid I am gonna have to fork over the cash to fix it. :|