The official Top Gear haters thread

Hmm this is difficult, I've always liked Rob from Scrapheap and the other stuff he's done (I'll be watching his youtube channel now) but I am fairly disappointed that he drives a Prius.

I suppose you can't argue with the fact that it can be economical. Not worth the drawbacks IMO, but if he likes it, who are we to argue...

Hahaha, he responded to my Youtube comment, claiming that he'd actually watched the episode beforehand, yet in the video he clearly states he "couldn't find a trace" of the test. Wow.

Hahaha, he responded to my Youtube comment, claiming that he'd actually watched the episode beforehand, yet in the video he clearly states he "couldn't find a trace" of the test. Wow.

So he is a liar to boot.

Oh yeah. I want to listen to what he has to say on anything. :rolleyes:

Shockingly Robert Llewellyn again...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJW5dVF_ss8&fmt=6[/youtube]

I think the company, who owns Tesla, paid him to say those things. Everyone knows that eclectic cars are a step backwards in the automotive industry. Teslas are like RC cars you charge them up play with them for ten minutes and then the battery goes dead.

Delved a little more, on his website he interviews Jonathon Ross in the Tesla.

Starts at 8:45. :p

p.s. Admittedly this is less hating, but might as well tell you about it anyway.

Hmm, I didn't see the bit where he compared the Prius to an M3. If you saw the test between the Tesla and the Clubman D in TG magazine you'll have seen how nominal the "advantage" of a Prius is. Most of the Diesel Superminis come to within a gram of the Prius' CO2 emissions, are cheaper and far more fun to drive. As Jeremy said in Supercar Showdown, if you feel the need to save the planet buy a Golf. I know which I'd rather drive.

Last edited:
This Robert Llewellyn is a total twat. He is the kind of person I run from when I see them headed my way. I don't care what he has to say, I don't want to hear it because of his general demeaner.

I googled him and it list him as a comedian. Is he? I can't imagine him saying anything funny after what I have seen of him up to this point.

Jeremy Clarkson on the other hand, would have me laughing on the way to the electric chair.

He's funny, but only when someone else writes his lines.

Kinda like Adam Carrola, come to think of it. :lol:

I see. Well that about says it all. So he can read and speak the words he reads.

I do not know how Jonathan sat in the car with him. After that first laugh I would be looking for how to get out of the car and after the second laugh, I would have bailed.

This thread title is misleading.

This thread title is misleading.

agreed, when i saw it i thought it was a thread of Final Gear forum members who hated Top Gear... was wondering who was prepared to put their life on the line so i could write their names down and add them to the firing squad list.

having read the thread though i am inclined to comment on Robert Llwellyn, the guy is funny but like another poster said 'only when someone else writes his lines.' In Red Dwarf he's great as Kryten the sanitation android with a sanitation chip missing.
however after i saw him in another youtube video ranting about the Top Gear episode featuring the tesla and he just proceeded to spout foul language, decided that anything Top Gear does is against the ecomentalist goals and just being a overall idiot i pretty much decided to not even bother watching anything else he does.
the man loves the sound of his own voice and should let him do so, i just won't let the sound of his voice reach my ears... i'd much get some spoons and jam them down my ears.

'Jeremy Clarkson is a no talent, snooty tosser - and a racist for his cruel jibe about Gordon Brown'

'His unbelievably cruel jibe about Gordon Brown being a 'one eyed Scottish idiot' come has to be the most offensive remark ever made in television history.

It?s not just crass. It?s cruel and vicious, and a direct insult to blind people or anyone else with a physical disability.

And it?s racist and insulting to Scottish people.'

Most offensive ever? :lol:

Link

Last edited: