[11x06] July 27th, 2008

[11x06] July 27th, 2008

• Total voters
Great German vs. Britain film. I felt really bad for the Germans. Especially the suit guy after Hammond winning but boy was that episode funny!!. its not 10/10 but a 9.5/10 from me. And James shooting paint ball at Jeremy. TG is just epic.

Great episode, a no-brainer 10/10. The man in the suit constantly going "scheisse" was brilliant, the tank bit with him shouting at Tim "feuer!" was hillarious:lol:

9/10 I think, maybe a 10/10. Gotta let it stew in my brain a bit so I don't rush to vote.

This was the first time I've voted 10/10, that's how awesome it was! Its not a 10.0, more like 9.9, but as close as you can get!

James in the Japanese cars was pretty good. Not awesome, but made for an interesting warm-up, though it did seem pointless.

The Apollo was just so crazy! Too hardcore, even for me, but it really performed. Great to see a review from Hammond and the best part was seeing him crash into the lap board at the end.

I loved seeing the KTM X-Box, but I was really hoping for a review! It is really my dream track toy at this point. I want more of it!

Gotta love the Stig beating up boy scouts! Just so out of nowhere!

The SIARPC was the best it could be. They really need more people like JK. So much suspense and excitement, and he beat the man with a cod piece!

The end bit with the Germans was very good. Some of it seemed forced or just too silly, but by the end it was awesome.

Now I just really want to see some of that German show. Anyone know where I can find English subs of it?

Wow, definitely the *best* episode of the series! The lads coming in in the planes while the Germans sat enxt to their VW's was beautiful and hilarious at the same time.

Too bad this series was so short. Oh well, something to look forward to for the Autumn!

Best of the series - farking brilliant!

Good to see that TG can still do the cocking about that they did around S6-7.

James shooting at Jeremy just about had the beer going through the nose - as did "My arm has come off!!" :lol:

Hope we can see more like that in the fall series.

Z

10/10 by a mile!

Hammond celebrating was one of the funniest moments of Top Gear! "Did you notice I was first?" :lol:

Also slightly justified because suit-man gave Hammond the finger when he passed him :rolleyes:

It was reale fun, and the filming is the best of the series! And the "war" is so much fun when you can speek german.
The only thing i wanted to see apart from a not broken car, is the ktm test and more of the japanese snake fish car & the touring car tribiute.
Btw the "suitman" is in D-Motor the man like jeremy who tries out things that couldn't work well (Testing how much wheight you have to put into a car till it brakes down and so on), and he has the same emotional art to say what he thinks.

Last edited:
Auch wenn wir nat?rlich alle wissen, dass das Duell etwas anders ausgegangen w?re...

LOL. Aber sicher.

To those who are (IMO) getting upset over nothing....come on it was all a bit of a joke. I live with 3 people who are all German (well one is Austrian actually) and they all found it as funny as I did.

People need to learn to laugh more.

I thought it was a fantastic episode all told. Good end to series.

That episode was amazing. period.

I was just disappointed by the fact that they couldnt drive the x-bow or the furai. I guess there is always season 12.

I laughed out loud multiple times during that episode. Awesome! Bring on the winter series!

Wow ... brilliant episode! Normally i don't comment on the episodes, but this really deserved one.

After the bit 'slow' start of the season, they really build it up to the finish...

@Top Gear, Andy & Co.
Please ... Go on like this in the next season
:tvhappy:

And I get sick of idiotic liberal left wing scum trying to distort patriotism and try to imply it's racism or xenophobia, which happens much more often.

I get really sick of people using 'liberal' as an insult.

Er, back on topic. I'm hoping for an X-bow lap time next season - be interesting to put it up against the Atom.

Really great episode, even for us Germans :D

I think this time they were really let loose in making this ep., some hilarious completely unexpected bits (Stig vs. Scouts, Hammond mowing down the Power Lap board), I was basically :roflmao: and :clap: the whole way through.

Did you also notice, as in the last season, when a car scheduled for a power lap had to be replaced at short notice, the car that replaced it then recorded the fastest time? Last season it was the Ascari A10 as replacement for the Ferrari Scuderia which Jezza said someone allegedly crashed before, and this time the Gumpert as replacement for the Furai, which, if I remember correctly, originally was to be tested by Hammond on the track.

Overall 10/10 for me and the best ep. this series. *Tries to forward time to October* :cry:

Ah, the Scouts beating The Stig with a chair. Epic.

I might be a pushover, but that's a solid 10 episode.