What cars did you lust after as a kid?

Aston Martin v8 Vantage from the living daylights

Virage.jpg

The first car I can remember wanting really badly was:

1996-Dodge-Viper-GTS-quarter1_hre-sm.jpg

Super high-tech for '96. All you had to do was touch the top of the door and it opens with that same kind of sucking noise you get from the fridge.

Awesome.

All but one of my childhood dream cars have already been listed...

https://pic.armedcats.net/a/an/anonymous/2008/08/01/kruze_000.jpg

OurHorses_Folie.gif

I am a girl
I wanted a pony
This is the kind I told the mercury dealer I wanted when we were getting a car for mom :lol:

McLaren F1 LM in Orange
CARmageddon444.jpg

Jaguar XJ220
326503248_a1ab538c21.jpg

Mercedes-Benz CLK-GTR
clkgtr.jpg

TVR Speed 12
2000-TVR-Cerbera-Speed-12-2.jpg

......I still need all of those cars in my life, there awesome pieces of engineering

Last edited:
2 years old
pid_074-001.400.400.scale.jpg

4 years old

foot7b.jpg

6 years old
66-79-Ford-F150.jpg

10 years old
f1black6.jpg

Just everything about it.

1994jaguar.jpg

The fact it was the fastest car in the world before the Mclaren helped, but its beauty is what makes me still want one now. Honestly, i don't know how someone who has seen a car like this can find the current Jaguar XJ even acceptable. Not to say the current car isn't good looking, its just a let-down compared to this.

TorqueOmata1095.jpg

Sure its not pretty, even in the least, but who cares when you have that much aggression. Personally it sticks out in my mind simply because they went a completely different route with the whole idea of styling, basically the "f*ck beauty, lets intimidate the hell out of everybody" approuch. Also the fact its incredibly hard, incredibly quick (especially its 60-100mph time when driven properly) and the sound of its engine. To me its the perfect ying to the XJ220s yang. Beauty in cars is overrated as a aesthetic quality, the way i see it I have no desire to stick my junk up the tailpipe so all i care about is visual impact, rather then prettyness, prettyness, and more prettyness.

Last edited:
3 years old,
rs404excavator.jpg

6 years old,
photo-48492.jpg

9 years old,
199xLamborghiniDiablopurplesvKRM.jpg

12 years old,
Bugatti_EB_16-4_Veyron_Red.jpg

15 years old, now, year 2008
5438.jpg

Sorry, but for a 15 year old, that Bentley is cool :p

:love:
https://pic.armedcats.net/a/an/anonymous/2008/08/02/DSC_0075.jpg

BTW reading about Homer_Bart reminded me that the R34 GT-R is now 9 years old. I remember when they first came out and if you found one for sale in Australia it would be on sale for more than $150,000 :blink:. Now i have seen them on sale for under $50,000. Time really does fly.

Super high-tech for '96. All you had to do was touch the top of the door and it opens with that same kind of sucking noise you get from the fridge.

Awesome.

Yep this was my first dream car. I remember my mother buying me a folder with a picture of this car when I was younger. It had all the specifications on the side and trivia. Not to mention they had an awesome show based off of it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPgHO55aYtQ&feature=related

Awesome.

x3

I remember playing the demo of this until my finger bled:
viper_box.jpg

Is it normal to know what a racing line is at the age of 11?

Or a power take-off shaft at the age of 6?

Well, here we go:

Of course the Ferrari F40, my first ever model car was an F40
DSC00464.jpg

The F1 LM was the ultimate version of the ultimate car back then so of course it needs to be included
mclaren-lm-8.jpg

Yes, I did play NFS2 quite a lot, this was my favorite
LotusEliseGT111.jpg

We have always had Fords at home, so the RS200 became a bit of a hero, especially with what the Norwegian rally cross driver Martin Schanche did with it.
130033-3.jpg

This one is rather predictable if you know me, we still have one at home, so of course the Capri was a bit of a hero for me.
CapriRS.jpg

Don't know why but I always fancied the 928 quite a lot. A friend of mine is a huge BMW fan and I remember always arguing with him that the 928 was/is a better GT than the 850i, which I always said was too like lesser BMW coupes.
klein_381_1.jpg

Back then this was the symbol of absolute success and total domination and therefore gained quite a bit of my fondness for that...
800x600.jpg

The original all weather supercar with lots of fancy electronics and computer controlled stuff.
2405531028_0c64e8fc55_o.jpg

Just like the 959, just newer and more accessible. Some would say the pinnacle of the air cooled 911.
cb59c939.jpg

I remember this one from an old batch of top trumps cards, this was the king...
16205YB-1024x780.jpg