Tom Ford is the weakest link.....

Only wanted to start a general discussion guys, no harm intended and if you love TF then im not gonna hastle you about it. I agree with one of the earlier posts that VBH is also a slight arse too and i have never really liked her but i just find especially in more recent series that Mr Ford has become a bit boring and lacking in taste. he seems to be just a full time Dad these days and every episode has to offer some sort of quote about his kids and wife, not interested !!! TN & JP always value for money though. Tiff has been a massive favourite of mine since the old TG days.

VBH is the one that needs to go, she's not even sexy anyways and her presentations are uninspiring. honestly, watching best motoring without subs is almost always better than watching VBH review a car. TF is atleast a likable character in a buddy sort of way. VBH just seems like a MOM.

VBH just seems like a MOM MILF.
:mrgreen:

Leave Vicky alone! She's a good presenter and one of the very few women we have. Much better than Sabine Schmitz for example.

:mrgreen:

Leave Vicky alone! She's a good presenter and one of the very few women we have. Much better than Sabine Schmitz for example.

I second that!! I mean... I give props for Sabine for being the Rnig Queen, but I think shes a bit annoying (well her attidue at least)

Vicky is A)SMOKIN HOT!! B) Drives the wheels off most of the cars shes driven C) She's humble and not full of herself like Scmitz!

I second that!! I mean... I give props for Sabine for being the Rnig Queen, but I think shes a bit annoying (well her attidue at least)

Vicky is A)SMOKIN HOT!! B) Drives the wheels off most of the cars shes driven C) She's humble and not full of herself like Scmitz!

A: thats subjective, shes alright.

B: yes, she does that

C: here i strongly disagree, shes QUITE full of herself and never hesistates to mention her racing driver history, her racing driver abilities, her racing driver perspective on cars, shes quite snobby and is always of the attitude that unless a car is kitted out to be a track performer, it sucks.

her whole 'im a woman so i have to prove myself by reminding everyone how awesome my driving skills are so they'll repsect me like a man' in combination with 'i'll giggle like a girl to please and fanservice all the leghumpers' are kind of contradictory and very irritating. probably the worst personality traits exhibited in any woman 'treat me equal like a man dammit! but not so equal that i can't be allowed to use my sexuality either!'

Sabine is similarly arrogant, but since i see her verbally sparring against Clarkson all the time and shes funny about it, i don't mind so much.

Last edited:
Sabine is perfect in every way.

LA LA LA LA LA LA!
/fingers in ears

My god, and I thought that Tom Ford was leaving Fifth Gear. That really would have been the end of Fifth Gear (for me). https://pic.armedcats.net/j/je/jensked/2008/08/01/tomford.gif lives on!!!

Airs FG ranking

1. Jon Bentley
2. Tom Ford
3. Johnny whatever his name is

4. Vicky/Tiff because I cant decide who is the least annoying. Tiff is so harmless it annoys me, Vicky annoys me with her manners (see edkwons post).

As you can see, I like FG as a dry programme that could be entirely about Jon Bentley doing something sensible and Tom or Johnny doing some proper car reviewing.
For useless powerslides, "reviews" of cars noone here will ever be able to buy and general cocking about, we have TG. Perfect blend.

not gonna retract my original post comment but edkwon has hit a nail right on the head, I have to admit it took me quite a while to even start watching FG for two main reasons. first because it is on channel 5 and anyone that has ever lived in the UK for any period of time knows that usually means a programme will be a pile of s*it, but also the fact that they had brought VBH from the former TG who i had always found seriously annoying. as i say edkwon has put it perfectly and i need add no more to his comment. whenever she does the shootout etc she sounds like someone who has just read the a to z or idiots guide to track talk. never understood why they dont have JP or Tiff doing the shootouts, they have a much more enjoyable way of explaining a cars performance and handling etc.

Tom Ford is a great presenter, its his actually writing that can be questionable. Hes probably written some good reviews, but i remember reading the Maserati GT S and thinking "who the hell si the retard that wrote this" and then i noticed it was Tom Ford, was actually kind of sad. He just sounded jouvinile and shallow, as well as poorly descriptive in that particular review.

Might have just been the Mazer GT-S review though. dono

I think he also writes for Top Gear Magazine!-just a heads up....!
I think hes cool!