Andrea Pininfarina killed in motorcycle crash

Man this sucks..........
Especially to me, an italian car fan..
and getting killed ona bike is one thing
getting killed on a bike cause u are hit by a fiesta is another......

RIP sir..

A truly great loss for the automotive community.
Rest in peace.

RIP :(

Wow. Fiesta'd. RIP Pininfarina. You will be missed.

^^lets not turn this thread into a pro/con motorcycle discussion, but people die in car crashes every day and it doesn't stop people from driving cars. If you are careful, pay attention and know your limits riding a motorcycle is very safe, and probably the most enjoyable thing you can do.

Plus, if he's like most scooter riders, he wasn't wearing any protective gear other than *maybe* a helmet.

I don't get why scooter riders don't gear up, but here's an example of *why* you should.

My guess is he was wearing a suit and a helmet. Wearing protective gear on a scooter is simply not very practical (95% of the time you are riding in the city), I use a scooter as my daily driver, I go everywhere with it, to work, do shopping etc., in the summer I ride in shorts and a shirt. Using leathers would be impossible.

Sad, but i'd rather hear he died riding something very italian then never have becoming the man and the legend that he had became.

My guess is he was wearing a suit and a helmet. Wearing protective gear on a scooter is simply not very practical (95% of the time you are riding in the city), I use a scooter as my daily driver, I go everywhere with it, to work, do shopping etc., in the summer I ride in shorts and a shirt. Using leathers would be impossible.

Still no excuse. Scooters are still technically motorcycles and have the same risks.

You don't have to wear leathers, but something like a mesh jacket and pants (with armor) over your shorts and shirt would do better.

I won't ride anything without gear. Slamming into a stone wall because of a mechanical malfunction will do that to you.

Just looked at that again... that doesn't look like the car hit him, that looks like *he* hit the car.

Yeah that's what it looks like... Ugg and there they dusted the bike down with sawdust, too.

Man this is awful.

The man should be buried in a Ferrari shaped coffin.

I guess this may mean the end of beautiful Ferraris...very sad day.

Just looked at that again... that doesn't look like the car hit him, that looks like *he* hit the car.
From what I gathered from italian media, there was dense fog at the time of the crash, the driver of the car failed to yield to the right of way and turned out in front of him.