Hammond: Hamster gets $1.5million for just 4 days work

I want his job!

Getting paid 750 000? for flying a glider-plane ( or whatever they are)..

May I add another correction
It's from the Sun!!
and therefore may well be bullshit.

a) I?d go further, since it?s the SUN, the numbers are probably complete bullshit and details misleading ..
.. ?the flying scenes were faked? ? Oh no, there we were thinking it was an in-depth documentary into the Hindenburg airship crash and not a TV commercial!

b) Anyway good on him, don?t care what he or anyone earns.

c) There are no Morrisons stores near me in West London, so perhaps someone could equate them to a car brand that we all understand, both myself and non-UK members ?
(Isn?t it a bit crap? Therefore, cheap & basic - Morrisons = Perodua.)

Good for him. If someone offered me that pay scale for the job I do (long as it doesn't involve signatures in blood and contracts that go up in flames), I'm on it.

c) There are no Morrisons stores near me in West London, so perhaps someone could equate them to a car brand that we all understand, both myself and non-UK members ?
(Isn?t it a bit crap? Therefore, cheap & basic - Morrisons = Perodua.)

We had a discussion about this when the adverts first started airing and I think it was agreed that, although they were once a really cheap, stack it high brand - now they're a much better brand on the grounds of everything being fresh.

On a par with Sainsbury's I think.

Congratulations Richard, showed all those supermodels who's the boss.

hey wait a second......isn't all british beef tainted with mad cow disease?

hey wait a second......isn't all british beef tainted with mad cow disease?

It's what stops us turning on our government. :lol:

I bet they wouldn't give me that much to be in a Sainsburys advert.<_<

Its amazing what a 300mph crash can do to you, no offence to Richard it certainly wasn't his fault and I was glued to the radio for weeks listening for his progress my-self.

However he never apeared in any ads that I can remember before the crash even with his TG presenting job.

If anyone has any proof agianst this I take it all back.

in-depth documentary into the Hindenburg airship crash
I saw one once, no Hammond in sight!:lol:

Ummm.

A pal said

What kind of mate would go running to the Sun, telling them that? I guess 'pal' could be taken very lightly.

Oh, and also on the "I don't care, they deserve all the money they get" bandwagon.

If he doesn't get a Zonda I'm putting him on my "crazy person" list of crazy people.

PS: what did that lady say at the end of the commercial?

Even after tax, a Zonda is defintelty in reach. Can you still buy them, I heard they closed down production :cry:

I'm not sure whether any of this is true, because I saw pictures of him in the glider being tower by a plane, (http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/article1328902.ece?slideshowPopup=true&articleId=1328902&nSlide=1) so unless those are fake I can't even trust this article. I'm also pretty sure that I read elsewhere he only made something like 500,000 BGP, but that could be BS too.

Regardless I think it's good that he's going out and making himself lots of money, I'm just afraid he might turn into a bit of a sell out...

If he doesn't get a Zonda I'm putting him on my "crazy person" list of crazy people.

PS: what did that lady say at the end of the commercial?

Does anyone know? It's been driving me bonkers. I must have watched that part at least five times and I can't tell. <_<

Gliders are usually towed by planes, nothing strange about that So the video isn't fake at all as they say, he was in the glider...

I am actually slightly surprised the did let him in the glider. In terms of 'risk of being killed' Gliding breaks the general rule of aviation being safe. It's actually more dangerous than most 'extreme sports'.

Still, with just one aircraft in the air it's not too bad. When you've got 50 gliders in a 5 mile cube of sky it gets interesting...