TGA Location??

SL65 meant Guildford, England near Dunsfold, where BBC's TopGear is filmed.

SL65 meant Guildford, England near Dunsfold, where BBC's TopGear is filmed.

Oh that Guildford, so very different from our Sydney Guildford. :rolleyes: Went shopping there once. Sort of on the way to a rally in France I was competing in....my navigator lived near there.

Sorry chaps, been off driving what's left of Route 66 from Chicago to San Diego - yeah I know it didn't actually end in San Diego but that's where we had to be. Man that Mojave Desert is hot :woot:....in a Bugeye Sprite (1275cc engine and 5 speed gearbox).

One of my suggestions appears to be correct. From another thread, Camden Airport has been used. Fabulous news as I live not far from there. Filming during the week would make sense as I think it would be fairly quiet but on weekends it comes alive with aerobatic pilots and planes.

It will not succeed if it stays in Sydney.

It has to be moved to Phillip Island or Sandown Park, if it wants to survive. It won't last past the first season.

It will not succeed if it stays in Sydney.

It has to be moved to Phillip Island or Sandown Park, if it wants to survive. It won't last past the first season.

Not really relevant to this post but Buddy Franklin couldnt be The Stig because if he was the Stig would drive the car really fast one moment and then for no apparent reason he would crash into a tree.

What a boring ass track that looks like it'll make. Only 1 runway, no real roads around the runway, it'll be hard to make many challenging corners etc (eg the Hammerhead etc) to test cars fully.

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&...384,150.689807&spn=0.008802,0.027466&t=h&z=16
Looking at the TG UK test track via Google Maps - it doesn't look that much more exciting than this Camden track. I think the TG UK track is better but my point is - you can't judge a track by how it looks via Google Maps.

And I've played around with 2 or 3 track configurations I'd be happy with for the Camden track :)