Do you practice sports?

Werner

Car(s)
'11 Toyota Aygo; '07 Honda CB600F Hornet
Hi Finalgearios,

I was wondering of any of you practice sports regularly? Under the motto "topicstarter begins":

I practice running myself (i'm 19), i try to do it 2-3 times a week in varying distances of about 10 to 15KM's in training. I do 1000M, 5000M also regularly in competition. I once ran the 1/2 marathon (21,1KM) to in 1 hours and 45 minutes, not exactly ultra-fast, but i finished and that was what mattered to me.

I did the half marathon because i was training for the roparun (which is held in may). I take it almost none of you know what it is so i try to sum it up:

it's the longest relay run in the world, going from Paris (FR) to Rotterdam (NL). You compete against about 200 other teams existing of 8 runners, and 4 cyclists (for safety reasons the runner must have a cyclist alongside) and about 10-15 other people cooking, driving etc. all in all you run in 4 hour shifts about 12-15KM per shift. in total you run about 70KM's in 2 days. This is pretty darn hard but it is a beatifull experience. Running in the sunset and sunrise is beatifull, people partying along the way is great. and the best thing of all was that it was for charity and all teams collected more than 4 million euros for terminally ill cancer patients, which is spent on doing fun things for them and their family so they have some happy moments together while the patient is still able to.

the roparun-route:
Routekaart2007.jpg

Maybe i will do it again next year.

So, how about you and sports? :p

It doesn't quite compare to your running, but I run 6.5km six mornings a week - gets the body going.

I do four hours of taekwondo on Friday night and another four on Saturday morning.

I practice taekwondo (mostly) twice a week, just started again yesterday from the summer break, damn that was hard.
I also sometimes run on my rollerblades, usually 8-10 kms, but not when it's raining because then the wheels slip and it's no fun.

I'm the classic couch potato. :mrgreen:

Nevertheless, I'm currently building me a nice bike to do the daily run to work and back with it (10 km). Otherwise, I'm all Winston Churchill: "No sports!" :)

Before my accident I was taking up Rapier fencing, I hope to get back to it starting this week. Also, motorcycle riding is much more physical than most people realize. Other than that I spend most my time working on school work or something else equally ass-numbing.

I used to play racquetball, but I don't have a partner out here and I can't afford a gym membership these days. It's about the most I can do with my bad knees.

I've been running a lot more these days and back in high school I used to play badminton.

Not that wimpy outside on the lawn stuff either, I'd smash the shuttle right in your face :evil:

^ Don't deny it, we all know you love the shuttlecock.

You know I was so tempted to write something along the lines of "I love to smash my cock in your face" but I think that would have been a bit too much.

I'm kidding, please don't hurt me.

Last edited:
Most charge extra for that. Bring a credit card.

Reactions: LP
I like to think that wearing Jordans helps me play basketball better, but I'm pretty bad regardless of the shoes. Basketball is pretty much the only sport I enjoy playing, I "played" tennis a few years ago but got bored with it.

I like to think that wearing Jordans helps me play basketball better, but I'm pretty bad regardless of the shoes. Basketball is pretty much the only sport I enjoy playing, I "played" tennis a few years ago but got bored with it.

I know what you mean. I have two pairs of Porsche Designs, but they don't help me be any faster (despite the "race inspired sole").

On topic, a little bit of lots of sports. Mainly I swim half a mile almost every day. Sometimes I play tennis and in the winter I do a fair bit of skiing...and falling at very high speeds (it's amazing I haven't broken anything yet)

OK I used to play Rugby once or twice a week and train once a week. I also used to play squash twice a week - long since stopped tho'. Now Mr Flabby Cobol74

I used to do soccer, wrestling and lacrosse back in high school. Now it's running every now and then, nothing big.

When I was in High School, it was track and cross country. I also was on a downhill ski team, and had a chance (if my parents had the money :( ) to be on USAA. At the hill where I skied, I was the pacesetter for the NASTAR course.

Archery to some extent, my uncle (name withheld) is an American archery champion in the past and taught me much. Also skeet shooting, and I extensively hunted deer, turkey, grouse and pheasant.

If anyone is wondering on the choice of guns, I had a Remington 30-06 and a 12 gauge I used full choke on the turkeys and grouse.

Not much, about an hour and a bit of golf with my Dad on the weekends, a 45min tennis lesson

And the regular school P.E stuff two times a week.

Not an athlete, but not a couch potato either.

Practicing is for suckers. I was just born awesome.

I used to play tennis competitively...and was the captain of the varsity tennis team in high school. At my peak training i would run for 30minutes to an hour and play 4 hours of matches and drills on school days. Weekends i would play upwards of 6 hours a day. In the summer i would get up at 7am for tennis training where i would run for an hour with some running up and down the tennis stadiums. Then would do drills till 12 noon...and play matches from 1pm till 5pm. This was Monday to Friday almost every week of the summer.

Nowadays i'm just a lazy bum and haven't picked up a racquet in a few months. Kinda gave up on it since i wasnt good enough to play for a Division I college team.

I've never been into any kind of sports but I've never had any trouble throwing myself around for whatever.