Random Thoughts....

I wonder just how much money you'd have to Holden to build the efijy

The instructor's car was quite a bit more powerful than mine and the break pedal was a bit messed up (upper region it did absolutely nothing at all and it suddenly applied a shitload of force at some point on the way down, probably from the 2-pedal system),

Not necessarily messed up, some cars just have brakes like that. I had to learn in a Fiesta Diesel for a few weeks while my intructor's Focus was in for servicing (I actually took my test in it too, not a bad car really) and that had a strange feel to the brakes. You just have to get used to it.

It's difficult for me to give you any tips, because driving in the UK is different. Are you driving a manual shift btw? If not then shame on you. :p

I didn't realise Viper didn't have a driving license though :eek: Get one, do it NOW! :mrgreen:

Not necessarily messed up, some cars just have brakes like that. I had to learn in a Fiesta Diesel for a few weeks while my intructor's Focus was in for servicing (I actually took my test in it too, not a bad car really) and that had a strange feel to the brakes. You just have to get used to it.

It's difficult for me to give you any tips, because driving in the UK is different. Are you driving a manual shift btw? If not then shame on you. :p

I didn't realise Viper didn't have a driving license though :eek: Get one, do it NOW! :mrgreen:

Instructor's car is automatic and so is my father's car. He can't be bothered to learn to drive a manual. :( But hey, an auto is better than nothing.

In fact, most cars in North America are automatic. Nobody around here opts for the manual, unless they're actually into cars, which makes a small segment of the population. Even the driving school teaches you automatic, but doesn't teach you manual ... I asked the teacher if he can teach some of the maneuvers he showed us on a manual and he just told me "How to operate a manual is for you to find out." :bangin:

If you take the 'auto' test here you have to take another one to drive a manual, but if you pass a 'manual' test you automatically have passed the auto test.

Is it just me or is the new Honda Accord coupe actually good looking? :blink:

It's not just you. I think we had a thread about that in the General Automotive section some time ago.

I saw it recently too and was caught off guard. It's very good looking.

800px-2008_Honda_Accord_coupe.jpg

=
800px-AudiS5.jpg

Cool, an A5 with bumper kits?

But yeah it's pretty good looking... gotta say I like a lot of Honda's designs...

^ I'd rather have the Honda. It looks just as good, drives well and is comfortable plus it won't be in the shop ever other month.

^ I'd rather have the Honda. It looks almost as good, drives well and is comfortable plus it won't be in the shop ever other month.

Fixed it for you.
Audi's front end is better looking though.

So I just got back from Dublin, where I saw Muse at Marlay Park. Holy shit they are still awesome, but, if you are going to V Festival this year, you are in for an epic show (considering Dublin was a sort of warm up for V).

If you know Muse, I'll tell you they played Space Dementia and Dead Star. Fucking insane.

And to top it all off, the time after the gig was hilarious too. 28 hours in Dublin - the best and worst days of my life. Damn that was fun, and really annoying too.

I'll post pics/story later...

It's not just you. I think we had a thread about that in the General Automotive section some time ago.

Sweet. Thank you for that btw. I was about to make a new thread but then saw your post.

The new Accord coupe is interesting, it looks great compared to the sedan counterpart. I think Honda finally decided to shift their practical image for some style.

If only the sedan looked like the coupe. You'd get the Mercedes CLS effect.

2008_Honda_Accord_ext_1.jpg

I think it's time we photoshop the coupe and make it into a sedan.

Well, i got assaulted today...

I got home to my apartment building to find a bunch of big toys next to the door you use to enter the building, there was some brightly colored attraption infront of the door so i put my foot on it and gently moved it to the side about 20cm so i could get inside..

I was inside 5 minutes and when i went outside i was immediately met by a big black guy maby 35-40 years old who looked very pissed, the first thing he did before even saying anything was start to choke me, so i hit him in the kidneys and shoved his arm away from my throat and asked what the fuck he was doing..

He did not speak very much Danish so he refrained from trying to have an adult conversation and starting calling me shit in Swedish (I think) And Racist a bunch of times.. I laughed at him and tried to walk past him but he shoved me back, so i had to tell him if he touched me again i'd have to hurt him :rolleyes:

He then went back to his car which was parked 3m from him.. On a handicap ramp and took out what looked like the top half of a standing coat rack in metal and starting threatening me with it, i couldent help but chuckle a bit mostly because of how absurd the situation was and the fact that i still had no clue why he meant i did him wrong..

Well he took a couple of swings at me and hit me twice in the back as i turned to protect my face.. I went inside and got a note pad and wrote down his license plate ect. And called the police..

If i was not currently going to school to become a Police officer i would probably have beat the shit out of him in front of his kids but that wont look good on an application..

I THINK what happened was that his kids who where there when i went inside told him i kicked their toy and that was what he was pissed about.. I maby have heared him say Kick and Toy in his fucked-up somalian-danish-swedish vocabulary..

I found out he's the boyfriend of this crazy black woman who together with her 74 children have terrorized the neighborhood and he's apparently helping her move (They finally found some other poor county to pay for her housing, food, clothes ect.) So she got kicked out.. So i wont be seeing him again, which is why i didden't bother pressing charges, i had to go to the hospital to get checked out and stuff.. No time for that :mad:

Also to the friends of the world crowd, yes it does matter that they where black, this is the.. 4th time i have had a violent confrontation with a black person since i lived here.. Nothing against them in general, some are just bat shit insane.. War trauma or something i dunno..

You did the right thing man, but it's unfortunate that you had to deal with a pissant like that :comfort:.