The "New Toys" Thread

got myself a 2 gig kingston ddr2 ram for my laptop, only 30 bux :D

supposedly my a8js can only handle 2 gb of ram max but after i put that ram in it's using it fine, so im happy :D

Lego train set

%5CAUTOIMAGES%5CLG7898lg.jpg

Got some extra tracks for it too, will get the passenger train set at a later date.

Trains FTMFW!

You know those like Xerox boxes that reams of paper come in? They're like 1' x 2' x 1' or whatever? I have one of those literally filled to the brim with track -- over 100 feet worth easy. Then I have another box full of just train cars (my train is around 15 feet long and needs two or three motors to pull it) and then a third box for a few more train cars + a station and other random crap.

Yeah, I was a bit into LEGO trains as a kid. :lol:

Yeah, I was a bit into LEGO trains as a kid. :lol:

Who wasn't? I really feel like there was something wrong with you if you weren't unhealthily into LEGOs.

I have a giant Rubbermaid container overflowing with my LEGOs somewhere in my basement. Not having to buy LEGOs ever for your future kids FTMFW. :lol:

Got shipment 1 of 3 of my PC parts in. And I really hate this camera.
PIC_0253.jpg

PIC_0257.jpg

PIC_0263.jpg

PIC_0265.jpg

PIC_0266.jpg

Coolmaster CM 690
Corsair HX520
Intel Duo Core E8500
WD 640gb OEM HDD (not pictured...its even more boring looking than these are).
And Logitech x-540s (not bought online...but got them recently anyways.

Wow, I hate you guys with your lego trains. I could never afford those, always wanted though.

Instead we built realistic looking cars, trucks, and buildings. Oh, don't forget the hot air balloons! I will have to post some pictures, If I ever get them back out.

Got a MSI Wind, with xp, as well as a benq 19" moniter for my big rig.

Heres a picture, with a macbook pro for comparsion

http://img520.imageshack.**/img520/4836/august152008476no9.jpg

wow, that's badass. I remember looking at that in the annual lego-book (which was a big event in the year) and wanting it, badly. Never got it though, it looks damn expensive.

edit: prices second-hand are still around 50-60 euros. damn.

Last edited:
l500834.jpg

Eight Giggum-bites. It was 45 US monies but had a 20 dollar MIR, though if this MIR goes the way of all the others I've ever used to rationalize buying something, it won't get sent in.

Last edited:
Got shipment 1 of 3 of my PC parts in. And I really hate this camera.
*snip*

Coolmaster CM 690
Corsair HX520
Intel Duo Core E8500
WD 640gb OEM HDD (not pictured...its even more boring looking than these are).
And Logitech x-540s (not bought online...but got them recently anyways.

Nice, I love my CM690.

I have the exact same speakers:) *High five*

I honestly haven't hooked them up yet. I bought them for when I move into residence for university and once I get my mobo and everything for my PC I'll hook them up then. Right now we got a pretty rad 5.1 Altec Lansing setup on this pc.

I don't mean to be a brag...but the only reason I bought these was because I got them for 29.99 Canadian after a price match at FutureShop. I always go on redflagdeals.com to find dirt cheap stuff and these were something I found.

I have had MP3 players for some years now but not an ipod, I bought my first ipod two weeks ago, it's the ipod touch, well cool bit of kit, you can also use it to surf the net and use it as a PDA, there are loads of free programs for it you can download.

ipod-touch.jpg