Olympics

I agree. At some point in the future, the "Ninja Warrior" Course (Suasuke in Japan, I hope I spelled that correctly) will be an Olympic event. :lol:

Clearing the first stage of Sasuke should be a requirement for Olympic qualification for all events.

lol. But seriously, bmx racing deserves to be in the olympics far more than synchronized swimming and equestrian. Synchronized swimming isn't even a sport, and the horse is the athlete who's doing the jumping and running in equestrian - give the horses the medals.

...plus bmx has lots crashes. It's fun to watch other people get hurt :cool:

Yeah, I don't see any problem with BMX racing being in the Olympics. It's been a legitimate sport for decades. Snowboarding is in the Winter Olympics, and BMX has been a mainstream sport longer than snowboarding.

Plus it's fun to watch :)

lol. But seriously, bmx racing deserves to be in the olympics far more than synchronized swimming and equestrian. Synchronized swimming isn't even a sport, and the horse is the athlete who's doing the jumping and running in equestrian - give the horses the medals.

...plus bmx has lots crashes. It's fun to watch other people get hurt :cool:

I agree. Equestrian drives me nuts. Sure, it's not easy, but it's a test of the horse and how well it was trained, etc. It's not a test of the human body or skill.

Some events I think need to be evaluated and possibly condensed (some events seem like the same 5 people doing the same thing just slightly longer or on slightly different equipment)

About the medals, no matter what way you look at it AU does pretty well at the olympics, we're never going to be on top of the leaderboard but we do well. Some of the time it doesn't even matter to me if someone wins/loses if they've got an interesting story behind it

Usain Bolt is officially the most ridiculous athlete ever.

Fucking nutters.

Actually, despite it mostly being nutty, they do make a very good and valid point but it is lost in all the insanity.
To summarise, in 'fly, both hands need to touch before a time is recorded, but Phelps does appear to have one hand noticeably touching before the other. I have been DQ'ed for this back in my swimming days. I actually think that if the Serbians had protested on that ground, they would have won the appeal. The timing pads can't differentiate between one and two hands.

Edit: After looking again, it might have just been the camera angle that made him look like he touched with one hand first.

Last edited:
Usain Bolt is officially the most ridiculous athlete ever.

x about a million.

I.......I am completely speechless, totally lost for words. Just two hours before the final I said out loud, that nobody will break Johnson's record.......rrriiiiiiight...

I mean what has to be going through the minds of Bolt's fellow runners. "YESYESYES !! I ran 19.89 in the Olympic final !! And I won the silver medal !!........and lost HALF A SECOND to the winner.....?!?!???"

And he even didn't have a gust of wind pushing him forwards....0,9m/s against.....damn...

I wonder if any of the others think it's no use anymore.....no matter how good a start they get. no matter how fast and hard they push.....it doesn't make any difference....there goes Bolt further.....and further.....and Further....

Oh----and anybody remember this guy named "Phelps".....I think he was a swimmer of some sort ?? :mrgreen:

Brilliant. Can't wait to see it tonight. I wish yahoo didn't spoil it for me though. I also wish Bolt completed his 100m run before showboating....You can't be in top form forever, and it seemed like a wasted opportunity.

You can't be in top form forever, and it seemed like a wasted opportunity.

Well.....as far as his age goes, he hasn't even peaked yet :blink:

Michael Johnson was 29 years of age when he broke the record in 1996. Maurice Greene was 26 when he ruled the sprinting world. Carl Lewis was 27 in the 1988 Seoul Olympics......London 2012 will be something out of this world if Bolt keeps fit and stays injure free. Imagine him running 100m, 200m AND 400m......My head hurts just thinking about that...:|

Wasn't that chick who face planted on the first 100m hurdle Swedish? :p

Yes, and it also sums up the Swedish athletes Olympics so far nicely:
A huge pile of fail (except the two cyclists in the beginning, love them)!!

Holy mother of God. Usain Bolt, what a freak!!! He must have has a margin of about 8 metres or so, with a head wind of 0.9m/s!!!!!!

Absolutely phenomenal. And then the Neth Antilles and the Yank got DQ'd for lane breaching so the two other Yanks in the race got 2nd and 3rd.

But really, Usain Bolt, just amazing.

I saw the 200m final yesterday and even though I knew the result I was still :jawdrop:

hmm...yes and he is "dope" free :roflmao:

Maybe we shouldn't give the medals to the athletes...but straight to the lab that developed the juices...

I think in the long run, they'll have to legalize doping in certain amounts to keep the games believable.
It's obvious that they cannot detect everything, or how do you explain Ben Johnson, Marion Jones and a whole lot of Tour-De-France guys? They were only convicted because they confessed it.

I agree with you. But they can't do that. They can't legalize doping because essentially that would be like admitting
a. There is doping and there has been for a while.
b. We can't control it/find it.
I suppose that IOC don't want to do that...

4 Horses have been using illegal drugs..

You just can't trust those damn animals..