You thought Sandero is ugly? Meet the new Thalia.

smolik

source: worldcarfans.com

fhuv12x.jpg

Renault have released the first images and details of the new Symbol (also known as Thalia in some markets) which is set to be unveiled at the Moscow Motor Show next week. It will be available in many eastern and central Euopean countries such as Russia, Turkey and the Maghreb countries, many other markets know it better as the Clio Sedan.

A step backwards could well be the public's opinion when analysing the styling of the new model, the very boring and bland design certainly looks like it has been derived from its lower budget branded sister: the Dacia Logan. Nonetheless, the model is not intended for the more demanding western and northern European consumers and as always, everything deserves a chance.

Dimensions come in at a length of 4.26 meters and a height of 1.43 meters leaving ample space for its passengers. We are told it will feature the latest generation engines ? one can assume these will be the same range that is currently used in the Dacia Logan.

6s1as7i.jpg

HOLY SWEET MOTHER OF GOD!!!!! MY EYES...BURN....MY EYES!!!!

Why is the bottom of the windscreen and rear window 300 feet above the bottom of the side windows?

Geez, talk about getting it all wrong - incredibly boring mid-section with dumpy, over-sized front & rear-ends. Fail.

Front reminds of a Nissan Tiida (Versa in the US) and the view form the back looks like a Honda City, seriously uncool...

HAHAHAHAHAHA :lol:

Those crazy French.

You know what it looks like? A smelly Russian who's put on some fancy aftershave and he's going around, telling everyone he's French. But he's not fooling anyone

Looks like a Lada, just with worse proportions.

At least the seem to have a good sense of humor... :D

well, who said the Sandero is ugly. Sure it aint pretty but it's not desperately ugly either, and neither is the Thalia. It's just another example that Frenchies cant do arses on cars.

it's interesting how same manufacturer can make very pretty cars like Clio, Laguna, Laguna Coupe, Twingo and so on, and on the other hand very ugly (in my opinion) Sandero and this Thalia/ Symbol

it will probably be very cheap, but come on, why can't they come up with something little bit more attractive

Is this really the nation that designed the fabulous C6?

it's interesting how same manufacturer can make very pretty cars like Clio, Laguna, Laguna Coupe, Twingo and so on, and on the other hand very ugly (in my opinion) Sandero and this Thalia/ Symbol

:?

Ok it's not good, but I have to disagree with one thing - it's much better looking than the Sandero!