Pininfarina Rolls-Royce Hyperion Officially Revealed

BMW Z3
bmw_z.jpg

+

Rolls Grille.
Rolls-Royce+Silver+Dawn+grille.jpg

I'm really not a fan of Pininfarina's designs at the best of times... And this is the worst of times...

I swear to god that thing is absolutely hideous. The Phantom looks so good and then you follow it up with this.... thing.

Its got bangle in the flanks for sure. I'll take a drophead thank you.

not a fan of the headlights, but the body design and lines are excellent, better looking rear than the regular Phantom as well.

A Roller should never look swoopy or curvy in any way, it's just stately handsome good looks. This one falls a bit short of the mark.

Exactly. I think of a Rolls as more or less Art Deco, and this does not come close to that mark.

That is too waayy vulgar for a Roller...

pininfarina were challenged? looks like they didnt rise to it.

probably did this in a coffee break before getting on with more important stuff like designing ferraris.

The Phantom is ugly already, Rolls Royce doesn't need Pininfarina's help in that department.

I thought rollers were supposed to be big a bricklike, it gives them presence.

The front is made for undiluted FAIL.

But, those rear lights look excellent, they are just fitted to a completely wrong car. They would look great on a modern, small, sports convertible.

Couple of points:

1. One is driven by a chauffer in a Rolls or a Maybach, one drives ones own Bently/Aston for fun. Two seats FFS!

2. Rolls do not need the help of anyone to design a Rolls, if anyone else does it then it is not a rolls, period/full stop.

/EDIT - yucky, footballer transport.

Last edited:
I think it looks good, not in that color, but i think its great. certainly better than that *other* attempt
Camargue.jpg