New Civic

It looks quite good I think!

Something tells me the production version won't look like that.

It really is a gorgeous car! :)

But 2010? C'mon, the current civic still looks extremely fresh and new, its way ahead of the pack, so why replace it so early?

I have my concerns about this...Of course the Civic looks fresh and new and they haven't even facelifted it yet. I'd say a facelift end-2009 start-2010 and this 2011-2012... And i think it sells pretty well so why bother releasing the designs so early? something smells funny here...

Only slight changes, plus pumping up the VTEC in the Type-R to 9k rpm and you've got a winner.

9,000 RPM? That might be fun, but only once they start putting Vtec engagement early enough that you don't have to be shaken to death every time it engages. A few kids at Hondata solved the problem, so why won't Honda?

wow
that just looks incredible
and i give full trust to honda to make thing, unlike all other concepts from other car makers

i just hope they bring out the normal civic here in australia, and not just the type R like with the current one

wow
that just looks incredible
and i give full trust to honda to make thing, unlike all other concepts from other car makers

i just hope they bring out the normal civic here in australia, and not just the type R like with the current one

they're going to, it's just far too expensive at $35k (my brother paid $40k for a type-r on road)

That looks quite promising actually. I like where they are going with it. Am i the only thinking the front looks alot like the S2000?

I am sitting here trading looks between this and my girlfriend's tortoises in the aquarium, and I am thinking.....hmmm.....

Anybody whose read the General motorcycle thread knows i'm not akin to standing up for Honda, but i think all you jerkoffs bullshitting about it looking too much like the IROC need your heads examined. For some reason its fine when all cars look nearly identical (seriously, just minor headlight/ taillight changes in most modern cars) yet when something slightly different comes along you have to all plaster it because it may happen to look a bit like a Giugiaro concept car. The truth of the matter is that if this car comes out looking like that it will be more appealing then the damn production Scirocco, hopefully then VW will get the message and maybe people will start making interesting looking cars again, but until then, I'm stuck buying stuff designed decades ago.

If it does look like that, then good on Honda, i'm bored as hell with most modern car designs.

I love it and I WANT! :woot:

I love the look of the Sirocco, and since we won't be getting it in the US, I want this! If it looks anything like the renders it just moved to the top of my list.

You know, you'll be getting the watered down, american coffee version :p

Never been a big fan of the Civic brand but this one looks nicer then the current model, May have a winner on there hands.

The front of the car looks great but the back end could use a lot of work.

Do want though. Blind_Io's seal of approval was enough for me.

From Auto Express:

Looks good, but too much Scirocco in it.

Well, how interesting.

EDIT: Wouldn't let me link.

How is that a bad thing? That's like saying "my 'vette has too much super car like performance, with a better warranty, build quality and general reliability."

I am sitting here trading looks between this and my girlfriend's tortoises in the aquarium, and I am thinking.....hmmm.....

your g/f's tortoises are honda fans?

They should get accounts on this site. :mrgreen:

How is that a bad thing? That's like saying "my 'vette has too much super car like performance, with a better warranty, build quality and general reliability."

Besides the fact Jeremy Clarkson coined the idea that copying a striking design is good, this is actually a bad thing. In doing so, the visual effect of both vehicles is reduced, not enhanced.

Besides the fact Jeremy Clarkson coined the idea that copying a striking design is good, this is actually a bad thing. In doing so, the visual effect of both vehicles is reduced, not enhanced.

While you have a point, I don't give a damn. This allows me to have a good looking car that is also a quality car.