Audi A7 4-door hard top 'vert.

I have so had enough of companies like Merc, BMW, Toyota and now Audi that are trying to fill every little niche in the marketplace.

Who wants a convertible sedan? Other than Hitler.

U.S. presidents were very fond of them as well... until one of them got shot in it...

Finally, a modern car for Hitler! :mrgreen:

He's dead, you know...

Hitlercarcopy.jpg

/EDIT: I'll make a Nazi Edition later ;)

Last edited:
These sorts of cars are causing me to lose interest in new models. Seriously, Audi is destroying my love of cars. BMW as well.

U.S. presidents were very fond of them as well... until one of them got shot in it...

Of course, all of the Hitler comments in this thread are just fans quoting Clarkson.

I actually know quite a bit about Kennedy's motorcade and the safety features a paranoid LBJ commissioned on the Lincoln when he took office. It was in an issue of Top Gear magazine about 5-6 years back.

Oh yeah, and these cars are motorcades, which differs from just a standard sedan with no roof such as this Audi A7. :)

Seriously: That diversification of models is a reaction to the demand of the customer for individualization. It is not enough anymore just to choose from three or four different models and then pick the colour and the interior.

There is a demand for niche models, for the inbetween, the not completely defined.

Car makers are only reacting to that trend. In the future a successful carmaker maybe doesn't need to have one high volume model anymore, which carries the rest of the program (like the Golf for VW or the Astra for Opel/Vauxhall), but several not so high volume models.

We'll see in a few years, if the strategy worked or not. Until then I as a petrolhead am thankful for each new, good-looking and interesting car that comes out. And that new Audi definitely falls into that category.

*:(

I reinstate that I LOVE Audis as much as I love Porsches. A 4 door convertible car will never come out because it'll be too expensive to build, and too costly to engineer to reach German perfection.

Last edited:
Do you realize that you could be prosecuted for doing that if you lived in Germany and that this forum - if it was German - could be closed because of it?

I don't think it's funny and I think the majority here doesn't think so either...

Last edited:
Do you realize that you could be prosecuted for doing that if you lived in Germany and that this forum - if it was German - could be closed because of it?

I don't think it's funny and I think the majority here doesn't think so either...

I think, he could be prosecuted anywhere in Europe. But I think it is quite funny, even if it is pushing the envelope a little bit.

Well, I also don't know how the Audi legal department might react, if someone of them should read this forum. I'd be veeeery careful with such stuff. Wouldn't be the first time somebody tried to be funny on the internet and ended up in a pile of trouble.

My understanding is that this kind of thing is not taken lightly in Germany. It's also pretty tasteless now with all the Nazi signage you added to it Homer_Bart.

I think an edit to your post might be in order, before a mod does it for you.

<_<

I've always thought that we needed a 4 door convertible in the market, with good seating! :D

Seriously