Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

For some reason I really want a volvo c30-r (not sure if the one below is the r version, probably not)

10xj1.jpg

I'd prefer it in white with black rims and tinted windows.

There is no R version of the C30... only a C30 R-design which has the same exact 227 turbo I5, but has R-design badges, a fancier body kit, different wheels, and little addons bolted on here and there.

I know someone who has the C30 1.0 (again, same 227 turbo I5, but with less toys)... and its actually not that bad of a car. I quite like the way it rides.

^ It might just be different trimmings, but boy does it spice up the C30. A car I found desperately boring-looking before actually looks cool.

I actually like the C30. I found it very different with its retro-looking rear. But the price tag in my country is pretty high for me.

There is no R version of the C30... only a C30 R-design which has the same exact 227 turbo I5, but has R-design badges, a fancier body kit, different wheels, and little addons bolted on here and there.

I know someone who has the C30 1.0 (again, same 227 turbo I5, but with less toys)... and its actually not that bad of a car. I quite like the way it rides.

Yeah the R-design is what I meant. I didn't notice the 'design' bit on the volvo website. Spec'd out though it does get a bit pricy but then again at least around here I never see them on the road so the exclusivity would be nice.

It's great how the front looks like any modern volvo and then the rear look retro (p1800es) like.

saw a Viper ASR, in lime green and almost hit a tree confirming it was indeed an ASR a few days ago

If I didn't know better I would go claiming that my 323i is Italian. On strike almost every time you wan't to go and more electrical broblems that I can handle..

Last thursday I was lucky enough to see for the first time the new Ford Fiesta in the flesh. I went shopping with my sister and a friend and as I was getting into the underground carpark my sister said: "Isn't that the new Fiesta?"

Stopped the car and yes there it was!! But then as we went underground we saw that a part of the carpark was closed to the public and it was filled with Fiestas. All colours all trims. And that was because this weekend they were presented to all the Ford dealerships in the region of Spain I live in.

And boy is it a looker! It's probably the most gorgeous and funky car I've seen in many years. We were able to get close to one which was getting prepared for a photoshoot and boy it was gorgeous. Unfortunately I didn't have my cam with me at the moment so I couldn't take any photos. I don't know if any of you have seen one in the flesh but I think I've fallen in love.... :p

:lol:

saw a Viper ASR, in lime green and almost hit a tree confirming it was indeed an ASR a few days ago

Is lime green just for the ASR? Because some guy in my mom's building has a lime green Viper (with white stripes).

He also has a Hummer H2 pickup with diamond plated badges. Yeah, I think we can safely assume what type of guy he is. :rolleyes:

Edit: Nevermind, it's just a normal SRT-10.
Edit 2: Nevermind again, he's apparently sold it for a Gallardo droptop with a really hideous bodykit.

Last edited:
So in the last week I saw a new G8 sedan, a new Challenger and two Nissan GTRs in a town of ~70,000 people. :?

whatever gave you that idea :?
I can confirm my diesel engine starts and works fine upto temperatures of -10?C. I had mine parked outside on the street at all times too.

Yes, the battery may give you issues if it's really cold, and you *can* buy a sort of battery earmuff thing that helps keep it warm.

But apart from taking a bit longer to start, it works just fine in winter...

OOOoooOOOoohhh, -10C! Let me put it this way, guys out here idle their diesel trucks 24 hours a day when it hits -35C just to keep the things running so they don't have to fight to get them started.

^ Really? How is that efficient? Doesn't the block heater do the same thing?

So in the last week I saw a new G8 sedan, a new Challenger and two Nissan GTRs in a town of ~70,000 people. :?

I've seen 2 new Challengers in a town of about 8000. But it was in New Hampshire.... land of the Rednecks of the North...

OOOoooOOOoohhh, -10C! Let me put it this way, guys out here idle their diesel trucks 24 hours a day when it hits -35C just to keep the things running so they don't have to fight to get them started.

what the hell? wintergrade fuel + preheating thingies in the fuel line would solve all that. How much fuel do they use just standing there at idle?

Also, GREAT NEWS!

I saw a Dacia Sandero today, in the metal, and it isn't all crap. The one I saw was vomit coloured though, but it seems like a nice little car

Went to my sisters flat, and thankfully a neighbour said "your sisters driven over a screw". Went to change the tyre, couldn't find the locking wheel nut key in the car. I vaguely remember putting the key in her flat. (Why didn't i leave it in the car? That's pointless, you may as well not have them.)
After about an hour, of mainly calling her a useless c*** and after ransacking her flat, I found the key... under the spare tyre.

Oops.

Ronin was on TV today. Is it just me or were car chases so much better before CGI?

It's not just you...

[YOUTUBE]D5uC9GY3Yas[/YOUTUBE]

[youtube]OoQKJXYA7d8[/youtube]

Ronin was on TV today. Is it just me or were car chases so much better before CGI?
They were undoubtedly better. Now it seems like directors like to use CGI to make cars utterly defy physics.

Just saw a previous gen Renault Clio here in State College, PA.

I freaked out.

Maybe a student here that has come to study from Europe? I hope to see it again.

Last edited:
Just saw a previous gen Renault Clio here in State College, PA.

I freaked out.

Maybe a student here that has come to study from Europe? I hope to see it again.

I saw a Renault Megane sedan a few weeks ago... it had Mexican plates.
I, too, freaked out but also nearly crashed into it to read the license plate.
It actually looks pretty decent, in the flesh. Certainly better than a Taurus or some other sedan.