Ferrari Enzo Successor Mule Spotted!

I don't think they will raise the displacement to 7Lts...too much. I don't care why would the do it (environmental reasons or not) but i would like to see what Ferrari can do with a couple of turbos on a diamond engine...As long as it is pure and hardcore i don't care about the engine. V12 sound is awesome but imagine V8 (or V10) revving at 7500 or more and the sound of the wastegates...Hell on earth!!!!

The old Enzo test mule looked 8 billion times better than the production Enzo. I really hope they don't continue to ugify all of their cars.

^ I hope you're joking. Simply as a piece of design alone, the Enzo is completely stunning.

Enzo-7.gif

edo-ferrari-enzo-01.jpg

I think it looks best in colors besides red. Silver and yellow are my favorites.

I don't like how they are calling it the Enzo still. I think it should just be the F70. If anybody remembers the original Enzo test mule, you can understand the validity of the article.

2000_Ferrari_EnzoPrototypeM31.jpg

Just my opinion, but it really, really needs a V12. Nothing else sounds like a gargantuan, fire breathing Ferrari V12.

This pic makes it look better.

http://img135.imageshack.**/img135/6276/102070183097d974c5fle4.jpg

I don't think they will raise the displacement to 7Lts...too much. I don't care why would the do it (environmental reasons or not) but i would like to see what Ferrari can do with a couple of turbos on a diamond engine...As long as it is pure and hardcore i don't care about the engine. V12 sound is awesome but imagine V8 (or V10) revving at 7500 or more and the sound of the wastegates...Hell on earth!!!!

Maybe not 7lt, maybe they'll take a leap out of GM's book and just make it a 20lt :lol:. But seriously, what I meant with the 7lt thing was just for Ferrari to step up and be brave and be bold and proclaim they're the kings. It's not like the Enzo was slow or anything, but just make it outrageous - am I asking too much of Ferrari? <_<

why not 7L, then they could get like 900hp out of the thing at the rate their going :D personally i think a high revving 7 liter would be more of a unique sound then a high revving twin-turbo v8.

7L might be too much. It will make the car heavier and Ferrari doesn't like this. I also think that going back to the F40 philosophy is their best option.
And for crying out loud, please ignore the stupid communists and re-introduce pop-up headlights!

7L might be too much. It will make the car heavier and Ferrari doesn't like this. I also think that going back to the F40 philosophy is their best option.
And for crying out loud, please ignore the stupid communists and re-introduce pop-up headlights!

That might limit their market. I'm pretty sure Canada requires daytime-running lights on new cars. I could just be talking out my ass, but I it's right...maybe lots of countries either do, or will, have that law...

Displacement does not equal weight. For example a 7L LS7 weights less than BMW's new 4L V8.

More displacement doesn't necessarily mean more weight. The Pagani Zonda F has a 7.3L V12 after all (made by MB's AMG division no less) and the whole car weighs a few hundred pounds less than the Enzo, and that's with 1.3L more displacement and similar amount of power.

That might limit their market. I'm pretty sure Canada requires daytime-running lights on new cars. I could just be talking out my ass, but I it's right...maybe lots of countries either do, or will, have that law...

That shouldn't be a big problem. The car will probably be another limited edition (less than 1000) and the demand for Ferrari is huge at the moment (high living standards). I have no doubt that they will be able to sell every F70 they produce, even only in Europe.

I stand corrected on the weight argument.

speaking of that, what do you guys think of light covers like on the XJ220.

xj220-11.jpg

1991%20Jaguar%20XJ-220%20Coupe%20f3q3.jpg

This is another alternative which I like a lot.

Unfortunately, something tells me that it will have just regular vertical headlights like all new cars, I just hope they don't look so Peugeot-ish like they are on the California.

The old Enzo test mule looked 8 billion times better than the production Enzo. I really hope they don't continue to ugify all of their cars.

Well the Enzo mule was nothing more than a testarossa in drag, just like this one is a F430 in drag. I agree the testarossa looks better than the enzo but they didn't really "uglify" anything.

I would like to see them take that Ferrari P4/5 from a few years ago and work with that, have Pininfarina update it a tad and work around the new specs. That would sure beat Lambo's redone Miura.

And isn't this the FXX successor? since the FXX was the Enzo successor :blink:

basically the FXX is to Enzo as F430 Scuderia is to F430. So it wasn't so much a sucessor as a much improved version

Plus totally, utterly and completely road-ILLEGAL.

There's rumours of a road legal one in Switzerland, and the FXX is apparently testing F70 development parts all the time, thats what the project was mainly all about.