The "New Toys" Thread

Then get the Logitech MX1000 or 1100.

no bluetooth. don't want to have to lug around a dongle, and I only have 2 usbs.

oh, and I don't want a fucking charger, just give me batteries for fucks sake. stupid logitech.

I have yet to find a mouse truly superior to the MX1000. It would be perfect, except the charger design and battery are a bit crap.

I like the MX1000 and been using it since it came out, but the battery is a little more than crap. On full charge, the MX lasts 3-4 days at most, whereas my Logitech keyboard goes months on a full charge.

What's wrong with the MX Revolution? Not as good? Whenever I scroll through long documents and webpages, I get pissed off with the old style scroll wheel and the noise it makes on the MX1000.

I love the MX Revolution. Not going back to the MX1000. When this one craps out, I'm replacing it with the exact same one (if there are still any around).

Just received this puppy in the mail:

http://img139.imageshack.**/img139/9761/08092008241001xu2.jpg

A folding bluetooth keyboard for my phone! :thumbsup:

Not only is it making this post a lot easier to type out, but it lets me copy & paste in the phone's web browser, allowing me to post the photo I?took to Imageshack much more easily. :)

finally, after much deliberation, and about 4 years after everyone else and their mom, I got this as a bday present:

https://pic.armedcats.net/a/an/anonymous/2008/09/08/146_4688.JPG

nah, my mums moved on to PS3

:p

Nokia 6300:

http://img502.imageshack.**/img502/1930/dsc03937to4.jpg

http://img205.imageshack.**/img205/9611/dsc03938nb8.jpg

Not the most high-specced phone around, nor is it the newest phone around but it does what i want from a phone; call, text, play music, and has a radio :D

Nice phone;), somehow looks stylish.... it's like my brothers.

Two weeks ago, i bought this:

http://img383.imageshack.**/img383/7043/n73mehp1.jpg

Last edited:
Just received this puppy in the mail:

http://img139.imageshack.**/img139/9761/08092008241001xu2.jpg

A folding bluetooth keyboard for my phone! :thumbsup:

Not only is it making this post a lot easier to type out, but it lets me copy & paste in the phone's web browser, allowing me to post the photo I?took to Imageshack much more easily. :)

Nice, how much did it cost you ? I miss the keyboard of my Nokia E61... :(

Yes. The 3 is still way way way too expensive for me, and I want GT4 anyways... (cant wait for GT5)

Also, the Wall-E game kicks ass (and was a great selling point to the wife. I have to pry the controllers from her hands now)

Yes. The 3 is still way way way too expensive for me, and I want GT4 anyways... (cant wait for GT5)

I think you will enjoy GT3 much more than GT4, except for the best track ever on a Grand Turismo series: N?rburgring race track.

Much more opinion, but should have saved the $150.00 towards a PS3... but that's my opinion.

Also your completely missing out on the awe of GT5: Prologue. Ooo, changing load video..... looky! :woot:

Last edited:
I know that GT5 is awesome, I'm just not that hardcore gamer dude that does 24 hr races etc. I just want to have some fun races with friends on the Nurburgring. GT4 was basically the reason for getting a PS2 in the first place.

Besides, I don't need a Bluray player (yet) and if I were to get a PS3, I would want GT5 (full) to be included for my 500?. Which it isnt.... (besides, a PS2 is 129? here, quite a difference from 500?)

so GT4 it is!

*is so happy despite buying old stuff everyone already has*

Nice, how much did it cost you ? I miss the keyboard of my Nokia E61... :(

It was $61 + $6 shipping. It wasn't 100% smooth sailing (you have to install a driver on your phone for it to work, and the drivers included on the CD weren't compatible with my N82, so I had to download it from their website), but the ability to turn your phone into a PC is pretty amazing.

Cowon iAudio 7, 16GB

First impressions:
1, I love it!!
2, I was stunned when I saw how small it was, for some reason I thought it was much bigger!
3, The sound is amazing!
4, I love the one-click record from radio option, excellent when you hear a song you like that you don't already have!
5, I feel even more sorry for ipod users now that I have experienced the Cowon....

f_ePICT5144m_62011eb.jpg

nice, that's the other one i've been looking at. the tx2500 series is much better than the tx1000, as it has an active digitizer rather than passive. also, yours has a touchpad, and the 2700 does not, just the stick mouse. and if you don't mind, add in how much you got it for when you write up your review, as a comparison to how much i might be able to get it for at school.

$1100 out the door with tax.
RM-70 2.0ghz, 3GB ram, 250gb hdd, WIFI A/B/G/N, Lightscribe, Vista Ultimate 64bit.

I'm pretty happy with it.. Only thing that sucks is the laptop runs rather HOT, and the power adapter is undersized for the notebook-- so that gets blazing hot.

Runs games pretty well-- even Rainbow Six Vegas 2..

More for the later review.

I still play GT4, even though I got a PS3 and GT5 Prologue, it's the best game in the whole universe :-D

Hahah! Tell me about it! I got it twice :lol:

GT4 is still the most complete racing game out there and it still kicks ass. NooDle you'll have a great time with it. Try to check the 2nd hand cars once in a while. You'll be able to find some cars that cannot be found in the official dealerships in the game ;)

Yays, the nice UPS man gave me this today:
1011160969.jpg

Antec MX-100, along with a 500gb SATA II hdd, to replace a 120gb IDE <rant>that just happened to die without warning me, getting rid of my 60gb movie collection and 50-60gb's of top gear and stuff. :mad:</rant> The activity light looks like the batman logo for some reason, but that's cool.

*is so happy despite buying old stuff everyone already has*

Well you are saving a crap load of money by doing that, so it appears your the smarter one (may not be as happy as me though :p).

Also why does everyone hate on GT5: P? Its almost a complete game for me, might be due to the fact I only play online games anymore... <_< Missing the best track ever!

...and yes I am out of my mind, I hate that look of the car's weight moving around in GT4, makes me wanna... :sick: