4 Fast 4 Furious: The return of the Diesel [crank] Walker

Wouldn't go by that too much, the sound is done after the visuals they could have been running a GNX in the scene but dubbed a V8 on top to make it sound beefier.

There is one potential problem with it, if they are talking about the JDM SR20DE(T) that was found in the 180/200sx and Silvia Nissans they are talking about putting an RWD engine into a FWD car. If they are talking about the Sentra SE-R Spec V SR20DE then the swap is just silly as there are plenty of Honda engines with same or similar specs that can be built up just as well. Its not so much the ignorance of it as it is the pointlessness of such a tune. By the same token they could have just gotten the Sentra if they wanted an SR FWD and work on that.

I'm aware of a lot of that now. Though the SR20 was built to go either direction, there is nothing really stopping anyone one shoving one from an S15 into a Sentra other than the fact that the GTIR unit would be a much easier swap due to parts clearances.

Oh and if it's not a motor than why is Detroit "the motor city". Why is Honda "Honda Motor company" etc... :p

Oh and if it's not a motor than why is Detroit "the motor city". Why is Honda "Honda Motor company" etc..
An engine whose purpose is to produce kinetic energy output from a fuel source is called a prime mover; alternatively, a motor is a device which produces kinetic energy from a preprocessed "fuel" (such as electricity, a flow of hydraulic fluid or compressed air).

The words are mostly interchangeable these days but really an engine makes its own power a motor uses external power. Like I said it's a nitpick :p

I feel the need to set the record straight on the GN/GNX thing. From what I've seen, the Buick in the movie isn't a GN or GNX, but rather more of a frankenstien hybrid. It mixes parts from each car that don't go together, and totally leaves others out. From the pictures I've seen, it's lacking a hood buldge, has ventiports from the GNX, badges from the normal GN, wrong interior, and a few other things. So it's just a half assed clone.

And as already said, the car had a single turbo 3.8 V6, not a twin turbo, which made 200 to 280+ hp depending on the year.

I only liked the first one, but when i watched it i was 12 or 13, so if i watched it again now, i would prob hate it. the rest of em sucked.

I'm aware of a lot of that now. Though the SR20 was built to go either direction, there is nothing really stopping anyone one shoving one from an S15 into a Sentra other than the fact that the GTIR unit would be a much easier swap due to parts clearances.

Oh and if it's not a motor than why is Detroit "the motor city". Why is Honda "Honda Motor company" etc... :p

The U13 nissan bluebird also came with an SR20DET that was mounted in an east west position.

Wow i can sense a lot of fail. At first when i watched the trailer, i thought the clip was making fun of the movie but then I saw that it was the actual trailer.

I only liked the first one, but when i watched it i was 12 or 13, so if i watched it again now, i would prob hate it. the rest of em sucked.

No, go watch it again now. It will be the most hilarious movie you will have ever watched.

No, go watch it again now. It will be the most hilarious movie you will have ever watched.

This is exactly why I think this new one will be awesome. Assuming it's just like the original.

I want some more blown intake welds, floors falling out from to much NOS, and 30 second quarter miles with trap speeds above 160mph. :lol:

This all reminds me of when homer was talking to Mo about his car when he won Little Bandit in the police auction.

Moe: "Gee, this hotrod is souped up six ways from sunday, never had you figured for a gearhead Homer"
Homer: "Oh yea, I'm a real expert"
Moe: "Whats that a 6 barrel holly carb?"
Homer: "you betcha"
Moe: "eidelbrock intakes"?
Homer: "Nothin but"
Moe: "Maya hoff lifters?"
Homer: "Oh yea"
Moe: "I made that last one up"
Homer: "I see..."

Finalgear.com: where pedants go to be pedantic.

This looks promising, I'll certainly get some lulz out of the film. Who knows, maybe it'll be so bad that it's good.

Saw a preview for this at the theatres yesterday, I have to say it was awesome in a terrible way. Still not sure if i'm gonna go anywhere near it when it in theatres, but should be fun to laugh at on a lonely Friday night.

This all reminds me of when homer was talking to Mo about his car when he won Little Bandit in the police auction.

Moe: "Gee, this hotrod is souped up six ways from sunday, never had you figured for a gearhead Homer"
Homer: "Oh yea, I'm a real expert"
Moe: "Whats that a 6 barrel holly carb?"
Homer: "you betcha"
Moe: "eidelbrock intakes"?
Homer: "Nothin but"
Moe: "Maya hoff lifters?"
Homer: "Oh yea"
Moe: "I made that last one up"
Homer: "I see..."

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EjfwfoV870[/YOUTUBE]

Skip to 4:56 and enjoy :D

Wow....looks like this project is gonna fly after all. A year after my OP, I saw a trailer for FnF4 (was watching Transporter 3) and I am intrigued.