Question about TG Polar Special DVD version

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Apparently the DVD version of the polar special is 9 minutes longer than the aired version. Anyone know what's in those 9 minutes?

Also, is the music the same? I assume not, but you never know.

(Trying to decide which to bundle with the TG S10 torrent pack.)

What about the director's cut Blu-Ray version?

omg didn't know there was a Polar Special BR disc ... totally buying it! thx!!!

What about the director's cut Blu-Ray version?
There's a Blu-ray version? :eek:

But anyway, I'm distributing a non-HD version in this pack.

Last edited:
One bit that's on the (R4) DVD that I hadn't seen before is Ranulph Fiennes illustrating how they'd start hating each other by telling a story of how a companion spent a day planning how to kill him and dump his body.

Apparently the DVD version of the polar special is 9 minutes longer than the aired version. Anyone know what's in those 9 minutes?

Also, is the music the same? I assume not, but you never know.

(Trying to decide which to bundle with the TG S10 torrent pack.)

Try this, I posted a review of it back in March - click.

It's actually worth watching, but there are (one or two) differences with the music (no Beach Boys, for example). It's not ruined like the DVD version of the American Special, though.

Definitely worth seeing (in my opinion).

But which should be the copy used for archival? i.e. which should I torrent?

Hmmm, after a bit of thought, I'd go with the original version - the one broadcast in the U.K. The Director's Cut looks like their first attempt to edit the episode. It's not bad - not at all, but the version broadcast on BBC2 is a better version: better quality and the whole thing has a better flow to it, if you see what I mean.

I haven't seen the DVD version, but I was thinking the same thing as it's the "original" version.

Try this, I posted a review of it back in March - click.

It's actually worth watching, but there are (one or two) differences with the music (no Beach Boys, for example). It's not ruined like the DVD version of the American Special, though.

Definitely worth seeing (in my opinion).
What did they do to the USA special?
They did not get rid of the chase?

Viper I'd go with the original too. May be a case for a re-encoded HD special copy on one of the FTPs cut from the Blu Ray version I suppose later but. ... Well you know.