PC sim racing heaven... coming soon from the makers of GTR and RACE

I hope SimBin get around to porting the GTR series to PS3 one day soon. I really can't be bothered updating my PC for gaming any more, it's languished at 3.0Ghz (s478), 1.5GB ram, X800XT(AGP) for a good couple of years now, if i want to upgrade i have to rebuild from scratch. No thanks, I'd prefer to play my racing on the non-upgrade machines in the living room with the 42" screen rather than my little 17" on the computer.

Has anyone playing this got a Logitech Driving Force Pro? Does it have good support on the PC for GTR?

I just hooked my computer up the the 42" screen instead of trying to play on a small screen...

I use a DFP, it works very well. The stock settings are good enough, but a few changes to the main settings file make it very realistic.

Has anyone playing this got a Logitech Driving Force Pro? Does it have good support on the PC for GTR?

I got one. Dunno, it seems to have a Profile for it, mostly its alright, but sometimes... I dunno, feels a bit weird, you can't feel the understeer at all, IMO...

You guys try the CCX-R version?

61991Race07_2008_08_31_21_26_14_78.jpg

609136Race07_2008_09_03_22_16_01_60.jpg

This edition here has the Top Gear Wing

NoGripRacing Forums

^ I want to wait until I can handle the basic version before chickening out for a wing.

On another note, I just found a pretty fun matchup:
Audi R8 Vs. Viper SRT-10
1 lap of the Nordschleife

It's a much closer race than I thought it would be (as long as the Audi starts in back)...

Last edited:
Bah! I can't download the ccx-r! "The download limit has been reached for this file"

BTW: I did a 1:10:05 on the Top gear test track with the CCX. It was my first lap too...

edit. There's also a STCC game coming as an addon to Race 07! With all the tracks and cars from the Swedish touring car championship!!

STCC game!

Last edited:
@AxlxA:

How did you enable motion blur? GTR-Evo looks like crap on my computer, even with everything max'd out. Someone had mentioned porting this to PS3, but GT5 Prologue would make it look like crap.

Last edited:
Anyone playing this game with a joystick gamepad? I know this game is meant for a wheel, but right now it's unplayable with a gamepad. I tried messing with the controller options for about an hour now, still couldn't get the car to handle right. If anyone got it to handle ok with a gamepad please post your controller settings, thanks.

http://img213.imageshack.**/img213/7227/acsza1.jpg

I agree with lilblackdemon, this game looks like GT4, so GT5 is going to make it look like crap.

Last edited:
awdrifter - I'm using an X360 gamepad, with the default mapping provided by the game. I wouldn't want to use another PC gamepad, since no other includes analog rudders. I've tried earlier SimBin games with digital gamepads, and it's an awful experience when you have digital gas and brake pedal mappings.

Anyone playing this game with a joystick gamepad? I know this game is meant for a wheel, but right now it's unplayable with a gamepad. I tried messing with the controller options for about an hour now, still couldn't get the car to handle right. If anyone got it to handle ok with a gamepad please post your controller settings, thanks.

SNIP - image

I agree with lilblackdemon, this game looks like GT4, so GT5 is going to make it look like crap.

SimBin really needs to update its damage model/car models. Their current model makes the cars look great when a single panel gets all bent out of shape, but when damage extends beyond a single panel, or would result in a panel getting knocked off, it just looks like crap. Forza 2 has much more impressive damage modeling.

My gamepad has analog sticks, but the default settings are horrible for them. They are too sensitive for the slight curves on the track and not sensitive enough for the sharper corners.

The new Ferrari simulation from Blimey will have GT5 level graphics http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=racing&thread.id=196098

i hope it doesn't end up looking like CM:Dirt or RD:Grid, their overuse of blurry filters and bloom makes me sick.
If I want my racing to look like a pcp induced halucination I just get massively drunk and drive my car.

Yeah, the bloom effect drives me bonkers as well. There was a great 3rd party tool for Dirt that allowed you to reduce the bloom levels (since the devs didn't put the option in the video settings), but I haven't checked if there's a similar tool for Grid yet.

From the screenshots it looks like they got the right amount of bloom.

The stcc game has been released in Sweden. Don't know if it's up on steam yet..

Here's more info: STCC game

http://img297.imageshack.**/img297/7159/gtrevog25xe8.jpg
BMW M3 Challenge Mod ported to GTR Evolution per RMI Group. It's so awesome! I love the E92.

So how many here is using MoTeC? I have it installed and it's brilliant, but i have no real use for it since i don't understand any of it.. :p

So how many here is using MoTeC? I have it installed and it's brilliant, but i have no real use for it since i don't understand any of it.. :p

I use it, I "understand" it insomuch that I can tell you what everything means, but I don't really know how much to tweak the settings to remove some of the problems.

Simbin made a tutorial and gave out a template for Motec which really helps get into the environment. I now use it mainly to set tire pressures, transmission ratios, and brake pressures.

The suspension screens still seem like a black art to me.

^Sweet!

*bump* And doublepost! Go me!!

Here's a little american review of STCC - The game

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRBRUqo9Y3c[/YOUTUBE]

"Get your ButtKicker for $300"

I can kick your butt for only $200, order in the next 10 mins and I will double your order! You get not 1 kick, but 2 kicks to your butt! :lol: