2008 Singapore Formula 1 Grand Prix

Are they serious with putting lights on the Mclaren Mercedes?

1) Who will take Pole and who will win the Race?
2) Which three drivers will be on the podium?
3) Who will lead the WDC after Singapore, Lewis (78pts) or Felipe (77pts)?
4) How many safety cars will there be?
5) Who will lead the constructors? championship after Singapore, Ferrari (134pts) or McLaren (129pts)?
6) Will this be Rubens Barrichello?s last season in F1?
7) What are your thoughts/expectations of the Singapore Street Circuit?

1. Heikki, Lewis
2. Lewis, Heikki, Glock
3. Lewis
4. 3
5. McLaren
6. No
7. I think it looks pretty good from that preview with Mark Webber, lol @ Vettel crashing, then coming back just in time to tie with Webber.

Signed,
Mclaren Lover

^ Likewise, it's good to see McLaren having a bit of fun. :lol:

I actually think the track looks exciting. Turn 3 will be the more difficult on the opening lap, as well as seeing how brave they are over the bridge. It's kind of cool to watch a race where they will be on streets i know. the night race will at the very least keep it interesting. I'd love to be there during the race weekend, it is probably going to have some crazy nights.

As for predictions, too hard to tell. The track is a mixed circuit, hamilton or kimi could do well here. 26-28 degrees air temperature won't translate to a hot track at night, but it will keep the heat a bit better as the race progresses and rubbers in. Early on in the race Hamilton will be up front, with kimi close behind. I have a feeling massa will be a bit slower due to it being a new tighter street circuit; come to think of it, i wonder if there will be any runoff areas? Additionally, tire and fuel strategies may be variable due to it being both at a different time of day and place than they are used to.

If there is a safety car, which i think there maybe, the ferrari's may have a chance. Also got to watch kubica and alonso coming up from behind. Vettel well maybe ~5th ish..

Last edited:
1) Who will take Pole and who will win the Race? Lewis
2) Which three drivers will be on the podium? Lewis, Masa, Kubica
3) Who will lead the WDC after Singapore, Lewis (78pts) or Felipe (77pts)? Lewis
4) How many safety cars will there be? 1
5) Who will lead the constructors? championship after Singapore, Ferrari (134pts) or McLaren (129pts)? Ferrari
6) Will this be Rubens Barrichello?s last season in F1? maybe
7) What are your thoughts/expectations of the Singapore Street Cirucit? nope.

I'll be there. :cool:

I was downtown SG last night during race time. Whilst normally the temperature is in the 26-28 degree range as it was when i was out late Monday, after a really hot day yesterday, by 9pm the temperature was still 31-32 degrees although this was still a few degrees cooler than the afternoon.

If it's like this next week, surprisingly even the temperature might play an additional part.

2) Which three drivers will be on the podium? Lewis, Massa, Kubica
3) Who will lead the WDC after Singapore, Lewis (78pts) or Felipe (77pts)? Lewis
4) How many safety cars will there be? None
5) Who will lead the constructors? championship after Singapore, Ferrari (134pts) or McLaren (129pts)? Ferrari
6) Will this be Rubens Barrichello?s last season in F1? No
7) What are your thoughts/expectations of the Singapore Street Cirucit? I hope it'll be great, but i think it will be average..

Everytime i go into town the bus usually has to use a few roads that are part of the track, and man, with all the fences up it feels as though i'm in jail or something.

But i do have a question to ask though: Does FIA usually inspect tracks so close to the actual race date? The FIA inspection for the Singapore GP is on the 25th of September. Knock on wood, but if we fail the inspection we're pretty much screwed, LOL.

^I've just passed by and travelled a portion of the circuit by bus this morning and from what I've seen, they're already doing a lot of inspections!

From what i was briefed i was told the final one will be done on the 25th, a day before the whole thing actually starts. All of us went :O when they told us that. No room for error!

uuuuhh, looking forward to this one.

2) Which three drivers will be on the podium? Lewis, Massa, Kubica
4) How many safety cars will there be? one
5) Who will lead the constructors? championship after Singapore, Ferrari (134pts) or McLaren (129pts)? ferrari
6) Will this be Rubens Barrichello?s last season in F1? don't know
7) What are your thoughts/expectations of the Singapore Street Cirucit? hopefully there won't be too many crashes into the barriers. Should be really cool, racing through the night too. If it is going to rain, it's going to be a fun one to watch

There have been periodic inspections over the last year to inspect the plans, organisation, lights and more recently for contruction.

I believe Final Inspection is more a formality done at all circuits.

Great news!

I actually believe there is a high possibility it might rain :lol:

The past few weeks has seen rain nearly everyday! So there just might be something to look forward to! :D

When I was there this morning, a few sections of the road was cordoned off by cones and there were people with clipboards and pens peering here and there.

And by the way, the only criticism I have is that the viewing grounds are really caged up, as if the spectator were a mischievous zoo monkey! :p

Great news!
The Dacia Sandero is going to be the safety car!

I actually believe there is a high possibility it might rain
The question is - are we talking a light shower or a monsoon? It's the right part of the world for it...

Last edited:
The question is - are we talking a light shower or a monsoon? It's the right part of the world for it...

Well, judging from the recent weather here, i'd say maybe light to moderate showers. Because earlier this month and late last month we had really heavy monsoon showers that didn't seem to end for days, so if anything i'd guess we're sort of "tapering off" the rainy season.

1) Who will take Pole and who will win the Race?
Hamilton.

2) Which three drivers will be on the podium?
Hamilton, Heikki and Rosberg.

3) Who will lead the WDC after Singapore, Lewis (78pts) or Felipe (77pts)?
Hamilton.

4) How many safety cars will there be?

5) Who will lead the constructors? championship after Singapore, Ferrari (134pts) or McLaren (129pts)?
McLaren.

6) Will this be Rubens Barrichello?s last season in F1?
Nope, maybe a couple more before he bows out I feel.

7) What are your thoughts/expectations of the Singapore Street Circuit?
Having my day off work to see this, it better be good. And damn, its my HOME country. I've taken a little walk around the track yesterday and the tarmac is like oho so spanking new. Floodlights wise, lets just say you can see the light shade and your own shadow created by the light even at 4pm in the afternoon.

EDIT: About damn time McLaren showed up a 1-2. And I hope it better comes up on my home soil.

Last edited:
Floodlights wise, lets just say you can see the light shade and your own shadow created by the light even at 4pm in the afternoon.

I was on bus 36 the other night and it went through a stretch of the track that was lit up - i thought i had gone back in time half a day and it was 12pm in the afternoon.

I was on bus 36 the other night and it went through a stretch of the track that was lit up - i thought i had gone back in time half a day and it was 12pm in the afternoon.
Honda F1 cars have already reached on Sunday. Damn thats fast.

And yes its damn bright. McLaren wont need those rally lights already it seems. LOL.

I think everything arrived on Sunday, or at least 90%........ should have been a scheduled landing of 3x 747s bringing the stuff in from Europe.