The General Motorbikers Discussion Thread

I bet they just scratch it up more than anything, I bet they just move indiscriminately from cleaning the rear swing arm and rims to cleaning the body work. Gets nice lube and sand on my paint job.

Oh, also - my bike is shaft drive, so no slung oil or adhered sand on my machine. :D

Shrewsbury St. in Worcester is pretty happenin' for bikes on weekends - it's mostly people on Harleys and custom choppers, though. They all like to meet outside a Dunkin Donuts for some reason. :?

Syracuse has Dinosaur BBQ, which is Harley territory as well. Damn good food, though the atmosphere seems like they're trying too hard sometimes.

Funny, Spectre, I was expecting everybody in Texas to have some sort of Harley also.

There are a lot of Harleys around here, but there are far more sportbikes and standards out on the roads on a daily basis than Hardley-Abletos.

Motion Pro Lever Recalls!

Motion Pro Lever Recalls!

From Motion Pro:
Dear Motion Pro Customer:

Motion Pro, Inc., has decided that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in some of its aftermarket motorcycle brake levers with Part Number 14?-0415. However, the problem associated with this defect can occur only when those brake levers are installed on the models of Suzuki and Yamaha street motorcycles identified below.

Suzuki Model Years
DL 1000 2002-2008
DL 650 2004-2008
GSF 1200S 2001-2005
GSF 600S 2000-2003
GSX 1300R 1999-2007
GSXR 1000 2001-2004
GSXR 600 2001-2003
GSXR 750 1998-2003
SV 1000 2003-2005
SV 1000S 2003-2007
SV 650 1999-2003
SV 650S 1999-2008
TL 1000R 1999-2003

Yamaha Model Years
YZF R1 1998-2003

The Problem

When these Motion Pro brake levers are installed on the motorcycles identified above, they may not properly engage the motorcycle?s stop lamp, due to a possible size mis-match between the brake lever and the stop lamp switch. If there is a mis-match, the stop lamp on the motorcycle will not deactivate when the driver releases the brake lever. If the stop lamp were to remain on, a following driver would not be aware when the brakes on the motorcycle are applied, which could increase the likelihood of a crash.

What You Should Do

If you own one of the motorcycles identified above, you should check to see whether a Motion Pro 14-0415 brake lever has been installed. The lever can be identified by the marking ?JY 378? at the base of the lever near the pivot bushing, as shown in the photograph.

If one of these brake levers is installed on your motorcycle, you should immediately check to determine whether the stop lamp on your motorcycle is working properly after the brake lever is activated and released. If it is, you need not take any further action, since there is no size mis?match, and the brake lever will continue to work properly. However, if the stop lamp remains on after the brake lever is released, you should immediately call Motion Pro toll-free at (877) 438?-7831 to obtain a free replacement lever. If you would prefer to have the new part installed rather than install it yourself, Motion Pro will arrange to have it installed for you at no charge. Please note that in some cases we may provide you with a new replacement brake switch that will fix the problem with this lever.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this recall has caused you, but we want to be sure that all Motion Pro brake levers perform properly on the motorcycles for which they are designed.

If you have any questions about this recall, please call us toll-free at (877) 438-7831.

I had my first proper motorbike lesson today and my instructor said he hasn't seen someone as confident, competent and as in control as me in 'a very fucking long time!' with so little experience and i'll blitz my test... Aww yeahhh :cool:

No pressure then. :blink:

Bad news everyone, I sold the Gixxer...

Good news everyone, I bought a Gixxer!!

More info?

I'm thinking about selling my bike... :(

I've bought a black GSX-R 1000K8! It's still in the store though.. It was a "shop-demo" and it's getting a checked over.

Why are you thinking about selling yours?

Last edited:
It must be going around. I decided that when my finances are more secure I am going to sell the Magna and buy an Interceptor.

I've bought a black GSX-R 1000K8! It's still in the store though.. It was a "shop-demo" and it's getting a checked over.

Why are you thinking about selling yours?

Good stuff.

I would be selling for something different. Thinking about getting back into another Mustang (03/4 Cobra), possibly a different car, but then I'd be without a bike for a while. We'll see what I decide. I need to check the market on my bike and see what they're selling for.

Not to completely disrupt the flow of this thread, but...

Last week I had Power Sport in my Trades Discovery Course (power sport is small engines including motorbikes/marine engines) and now I really want a motorcycle.

I've been partially converted, and I'm starting to like it...

PS. I really want a hooligan bike, they look like fun.

^ It must be, I've made a new addition as well. Yes, it's here!!

Sorry, I couldn't hear you. I was busy drooling.

Not to completely disrupt the flow of this thread, but...

Last week I had Power Sport in my Trades Discovery Course (power sport is small engines including motorbikes/marine engines) and now I really want a motorcycle.

I've been partially converted, and I'm starting to like it...

PS. I really want a hooligan bike, they look like fun.

if you want a smaller insanely fun bike, go with something like a supermoto.. :)

I've posted this clip before, but it gives you an idea of what it is.
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJF606MtS2s[/YOUTUBE]

Or perhaps a smaller "streetfighter" like the triumph street triple. but if you want something that reliable a sook GSR600

^ It must be, I've made a new addition as well. Yes, it's here!!

I hate you.

Now I'm going to go fap to photos of your bike.

/In all seriousness, congratulations!

I want my ST675 god dammit. I know I promised myself I'd have to wait till I finished school before getting a bike, but right now it looks like I might start picking up classes next spring, meaning that's 4-5 years before I can have one. That makes me a sad panda. And to top it off, that's when I'd get my starter crappy bike.

I hate you.

Now I'm going to go fap to photos of your bike.

/In all seriousness, congratulations!
Thankies. I've got even more photos in my profile album for you to fap to, if you'd like... :p j/k

I don't want to make this an all Ducati thread or anything but I wanted to share something awesome that happened yesterday... I was riding home from the lake on my Duc when, of all things, a red 999 pulls up beside me! "Wow, what are the odds of that!?" is what instantly came to my mind. We exchanged thumbs up and rode together for a bit until he had to take his exit.

Alright, now back to motorcycles. ;)

I want my ST675 god dammit. I know I promised myself I'd have to wait till I finished school before getting a bike, but right now it looks like I might start picking up classes next spring, meaning that's 4-5 years before I can have one. That makes me a sad panda. And to top it off, that's when I'd get my starter crappy bike.
Get it. Come on, you know you want to. :devil: /little devil

But seriously, since we're talking about starter bikes here there are plenty of good starter motorcycles that can be had for just a couple thousand at most. (Some much less) Take my advice with a bit of salt though as I like to live like every day is my last, so my financial advice kind of reflects that.

In my opinion, life is too short... this planet too small... this universe too damn big... and our existence ultimately completely meaningless, so why not have a little fun. :cool:

Speaking of starter bikes, what do you guys think of the FZ6R? Even with its lower price, I don't I could afforf it. :(

Speaking of starter bikes, what do you guys think of the FZ6R? Even with its lower price, I don't I could afforf it. :(

It seems a bit odd to me. Why make a sporty version of the FZ6 but knock 20bhp off it? I certainly would prefer my FZ6 to this one. It makes much more sense in the UK where it is being called the XJ600 Diversion and has a bikini fairing rather than the full fairing. As a Diversion it would actually be more ideal for me than my FZ6 but the full fairing would put me off it as the FZ6R.

FZ6R

09ms_fz6r_blk_s3_78ef33fa.jpg

Diversion

2-2009_XJ6-Diversion_0003.jpg