Carbage

IMHO not having brake discs at the rear axle in the first place at the rear axle is even more embarrassing - even my first 14 year old Audi 80 which had a mind-blowing 90 bhp had (real ;) ) break discs at the rear axle, and IMO Audi wasn't yet a "premium manufacturer" at that time...

My 2002 Jeep has drums in the rear, but even Chrysler got the picture by 2003 and switched to discs.

I guess it's cheaper, and they figure the rear brakes do very little work, but I can't stand drum brakes and they're always giving me problems on my Jeep -- easily get clogged with mud, the springs holding the shoe to the drum keep breaking ,etc.

My 1985 Isuzu I-Mark also had drums in the rear. A lot of cheap econoboxes seem to still do it to this day. I wish they would just burn down the factory that makes the drum brakes and forget they exist.

Are you on drugs today, Ice? I think we've both been on FG long enough for you to know I'm from Canada, and if anything I despise domestic cars.

This has nothing to do with where the car is from. It has to do with the fact that I see nothing abnormal, over the top or even creative on that stock Scion. No special colour scheme, no spoiler, no vents, no bodykit - nothing.

Shawn, don't even bother.

Designed only in the US, made only in the US, sold only in the US. Just because Toyota own it, doesn't make it any less of a yank mobile.

Reactions: lip
What part of build in Japan don't you get? How can something made in Tsutsumi, Japan be built in America? The Scion Xa/Xd are the Toyota Ist in Japan, and the xB is one of the "special" models of Corolla in Japan. So the Tc is the only model that is the only scion model only sold in the US. The Tc is just the new celica, don't see how that makes it factory rice.

Also, note how nobody agrees with you, take that as a tip. ;) Either that or keep arguing for the sake of arguing with no base for your comments.

So he's right? Designed in America, built in America, only sold in America.

It's definitely not a rice car though (stock).

Where are you getting your facts from? Designed in America? According to who? Toyota's American research center is Calty, and Calty had nothing to do with the Tc.

Built in America? The car is built in Tsutsumi, Japan it's NOT built in one of the American plants.

Where are you getting your facts from? Designed in America? According to who? Toyota's American research center is Calty, and Calty had nothing to do with the Tc.

Built in America? The car is built in Tsutsumi, Japan it's NOT built in one of the American plants.

That's why I'm asking. You said "only sold in America" and you didn't elaborate.

Saw this piece of junk on my way into campus this morning.

http://img265.imageshack.**/img265/2289/img0681tj5.jpg

...I REALLY want to kill the owner...

Eye-Q, you are wrong on the drum brakes. It has been proven that on regular, family cars drum brakes are more reliable and they do not affect braking performance that much. They are also cheper to replace.
If you want to go racing on a track, then brake discs are the obvious choice, but for the average person's commute drum brakes are just fine. Again, they are not that much worse for regular driving. I've driven a VW Polo with rear discs (mine has drums) and it's not that different.

Eye-Q, you are wrong on the drum brakes. It has been proven that on regular, family cars drum brakes are more reliable and they do not affect braking performance that much. They are also cheper to replace.
If you want to go racing on a track, then brake discs are the obvious choice, but for the average person's commute drum brakes are just fine. Again, they are not that much worse for regular driving. I've driven a VW Polo with rear discs (mine has drums) and it's not that different.

Drum brakes cook themselves. They are unsafe. Trust me, I know. I live next to a mountain and when we drove a drum brake car down it they just gave up about halfway down.

Seen yesterday:

https://pic.armedcats.net/a/an/anonymous/2008/09/27/jag1.JPG

Greetings, lip