[01x01] September 29th, 2008

[01x01] September 29th, 2008

• Total voters
We're australian so we should be slightly biased towards it and we're panning it in general. I'm genuinely worried about what our international friends are going to say...

Seriously, who gives a fuck about what people from around the world are going to say. Just as TGUK was made for the UK and UK audiences TG AUS is made for Australia. Whats important is that Australian audiences like it and not someone who is downloading it from somewhere else in the world.

Note: I didn't intend to offend anyone so i am sorry if i have.

I also wanted to add.

I'll be glad when the "Ford Vs Holden" thing is done. Then maybe we can all forget about it.

Seriously. Top Gear fans aren't interested.

Regards
Tufnel

ok so people seemed mixed on it but this was better then tguk s01e01

now i have worked at perisher and i have driven the guthiga link road in a foot of fresh snow and it's a twisty and tight road with a big drop on one side like 30 meters. so they were doing well to be flogging it. i was driving it in a landcruiser troopy with 31inch snow tires and it was good fun then!

but as my brother pointed out to me a race with a skidoo would have been nice, or even "T60" the troopy i drove which now hads a set of tracks. perisher blue has 50+ skidoos so that wasn't a problem and all manner of over snow stuff that could have given it a run for there money.

the star car should have been a proton jumbuck though that would have been funny

once they more relaxed with being three blokes falling over alot it'll be better but remember

THIS WAS A PILOT

cheers Matt

Maybe people overseas will think it's hilarious because we sound different or something. I have to say though, I found the accents kind of strange after watching TGUK so much :p

Am loving the typical Aussie syndrome of cutting ANYTHING and EVERYTHING down in front of you ... you all deserve a pat on the back, come on, you know you deserve it ...

For a first show, it was quite impressive, especially given the high/ridiculous expectations some people were/are going to heap on it. Compared to every car show that's been made here in Australia, it was better, some might say what does that matter, well we don't have budgets like others and nor do they have access to everything others have as well.

Leyland jokes, GOLD!!!
Soft Roaders, it had an ending, why would you buy one?
Porsche, its slightly better, costs a lot, and you won't care its better for the environment if you can afford it, nor really care how it works (should have seen the chump driving his new GT3 from Shannons head-office today for a stereo type :D)
Track - needs editing work - will come with time
Maybach - they said the important parts, its a $1 S class ... enough said ...

Considering the types of people that would have sent in the videos, they've certainly got 3 different types of people, but I feel that most of the avid TG crowd are going to dislike CC and SP till they calm down and don't switch 'modes' during the show.

There appears to be a good base to build from in regards to the 3 presenters looking at the incar from the sea-snow, but time will tell how well they gel.

I give it 6 out of 10 ....

Can you please not bring that show up :p AusTG is in another league compared to it :lol:

come on mate, you know you want to hear the positive, and only the positive points about every car reviewed.

edit - with the cars ranging from the mazda 2, to the mazda 2 in past weeks.

Well, that made me cringe but it was still better than a whole season of RPM or the next Aussie car show/ad broucher!

Warren was great and the other two were obviously nervous or on drugs (Charlie on harry, the other on crack). Once they relax and gel and get into some more car-related hyjinx, the better. It felt like they tried to cram every top gear trademark segment into a shoe.

but as my brother pointed out to me a race with a skidoo would have been nice, or even "T60" the troopy i drove which now hads a set of tracks. perisher blue has 50+ skidoos so that wasn't a problem and all manner of over snow stuff that could have given it a run for there money.

cheers Matt
I'd give em a run for their money at Perisher... well downhill anyway.

come on mate, you know you want to hear the positive, and only the positive points about every car reviewed.

edit - with the cars ranging from the mazda 2, to the mazda 2 in past weeks.
Like Cox's Porsche review!

We're australian so we should be slightly biased towards it and we're panning it in general. I'm genuinely worried about what our international friends are going to say...

Its pretty similar to everyone bashing Qantas/Jetstar, or their own respective national airline, saying zomgz its the worst airline in the world. Its not. But its pretty bad:D

I remember my driving instructor who was from Belgium, he said everyone hated Sabena, their own airline. "Such a Bloody Experience, Never Again":p

I think the average ratings that seem to be on here are interesting compared to the comments.

With Drive at the bottom end of the scale, it was well above that, so that's something. There's certainly room for improvement and building of a unique identity. Could have been a bit better paced, but on the checklist of things to include to make it a Top Gear, there were more hits than misses.

Jonathon

Like Cox's Porsche review!

Interesting how he didn't mention the counter-intuitive operation of the PDK paddles that every other reviewer has seemed to have picked up on....

Am loving the typical Aussie syndrome of cutting ANYTHING and EVERYTHING down in front of you ... you all deserve a pat on the back, come on, you know you deserve it ...

the aussie syndrome is telling it how it is, and this top gear australia a pile of steaming crap.......